Sponsored

Acceptable odometer reading (can dealers test drive orders before customer pickup) ?

sQuirly

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL 2dr 6mt, 16 First, 87 635csi
Your Bronco Model
Base
When I ordered my wife's JL we picked it up less than 12 hours after delivery and it had 21 miles on it.
Sponsored

Orangeinthebarn

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 z71, 1992 bronco, 1977 F-150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I would expect it. If it’s one of the first ones they get I’d imagine everyone who works there will crawl in and all over it
This will likely happen unless you get there when the truck does

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I expect 10 miles or less.

I will be there when they take it off the truck.

Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bought my '02 F-150 with 3.5 miles on it. And 1 mile was the saleman driving it to an empty parking lot to make sure I could drive a stick, and two miles was my test drive and drive back to the dealership. And that wasn't an ordered truck, was just what was on the lot. I would accept nothing more for an ordered vehicle.

Hell, when I order my Mach 1, I plan on being there when it comes off the truck, and it is going directly onto a trailer to get towed to a shop. Don't even plan on letting the dealer do 'prep' work, like ruining the paint with swirl marks when they wash it. Won't even let them pull off the white protective shipping film.

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If it’s an “ordered” vehicle which these are, I’d be pretty upset to find the dealer letting people take my purchase for a joy ride.
I have ordered three pick-ups, and two corvettes. No one other than the person doing delivery prep and myself ever drove them. Customers were not allowed to test them or even sit in them. My 2014 C7 was one of the first ones delivered, sat on show room floor locked for a week before I could get back in town to pick it up.

I would expect the same with my Bronco

Haulin455

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My F-150 from a dealer lot had 8 miles on it. I wouldn’t want more than 10 miles on my Bronco unless it was from the factory with that many. I don’t want the dealer to put any more miles on it than what is necessary from taking it off the truck and into the nearest parking space.

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds like another important question I need to ask my dealer...
Never ordered a car before this one, so mileage below 10 is a new concept.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Hell, when I order my Mach 1, I plan on being there when it comes off the truck, and it is going directly onto a trailer to get towed to a shop. Don't even plan on letting the dealer do 'prep' work, like ruining the paint with swirl marks when they wash it. Won't even let them pull off the white protective shipping film.
I agree with this. I have a buddy who does high end detailing and he has specific new vehicle prep packages.

Sponsored

BadLands

Badlands
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW M240i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pretty sure a dealer can't sell a vehicle as "new" if it has over 80 miles on it(or somewhere around there).

SkullsWalk

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 VW GTI 3-Door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This will be the first time I’ve reserved/ordered a vehicle vs purchasing new off the lot. Other cars I’ve purchased new have had odometer readings ranging from 20 up to over 800 ( dealer claimed it was transported from NC to FL). I imagine most if not all the mileage is from “test drives”.

When ordering our Broncos, should we expect the odometer to be really low (like less than 10)? My assumption is that the vehicle should be respected as purchased ( not sale pending )and that no “test drives” should be given out during the brief time it arrives on the lot and the breakneck speed on my part to finally make first contact!
Yeah if I found out they used my reserved bronco to test drive I'll tell them to get me another one. Too much time and money on this thing to just have them use it for their own purposes. That's me though.

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pretty sure a dealer can't sell a vehicle as "new" if it has over 80 miles on it(or somewhere around there).
Vehicle on dealer lots for more than a year can accrue many miles. Let alone dealer demos with 400/500 miles on them all sold as new never registered.

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This will be the first time I’ve reserved/ordered a vehicle vs purchasing new off the lot. Other cars I’ve purchased new have had odometer readings ranging from 20 up to over 800 ( dealer claimed it was transported from NC to FL). I imagine most if not all the mileage is from “test drives”.

When ordering our Broncos, should we expect the odometer to be really low (like less than 10)? My assumption is that the vehicle should be respected as purchased ( not sale pending )and that no “test drives” should be given out during the brief time it arrives on the lot and the breakneck speed on my part to finally make first contact!
Some vehicles are picked at random for quality testing and will have miles, but aside from that the ODO’s should be fairly low. Ones that are chosen for additional road testing by the manufacturer will have documentation indicating as such.
Sponsored