John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I am working on installation of a powered subwoofer in the rear cargo area of a 4 door. I need to tap the rear speaker wires for signal and don't think doing that at the rear speakers themselves is a good idea. Does anyone know the routing for the rear speaker wires and the best place to access them? What trim needs to be removed? Thanks in advance!!
Sponsored

threeonone

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am working on installation of a powered subwoofer in the rear cargo area of a 4 door. I need to tap the rear speaker wires for signal and don't think doing that at the rear speakers themselves is a good idea. Does anyone know the routing for the rear speaker wires and the best place to access them? What trim needs to be removed? Thanks in advance!!

Reactions: Dom

HPNQ420

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I believe the rear speaker outputs are signal processed to reduce base. You'll want to tap into the kick panel wires.

DirtMountainMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Woody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I believe the rear speaker outputs are signal processed to reduce base. You'll want to tap into the kick panel wires.
You might be able to delete that signal processor with Forscan so that might be worth a little research. Check previous speaker / audio upgrade threads in the "Electronics, Electrical, Audio" section under the "Forums" tab of this site.

Sponsored

HPNQ420

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You might be able to delete that signal processor with Forscan so that might be worth a little research. Check previous speaker / audio upgrade threads in the "Electronics, Electrical, Audio" section under the "Forums" tab of this site.
Yes I believe you can but you might need to add base blockers to the rear speakers.

OP
OP
JGee

JGee

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Update! As mentioned in the YouTube, and by others on the thread, its not a good plan to tap off the rear speakers for a powered subwoofer input. Instead I pulled the front kickpanel speakers and soldered the subwoofer high level input wires to them, and ran those to the Kicker HS8 that I mounted in the rear cargo area. I have the AUX switches, so I used AUX 2 to provide power to the rear panel area. Just had to connect up two wires underhood and then the second connection behind the glovebox, which wasn't too bad. To get to the cargo area power feed I just pulled the trim panel off and while it was a tight squeeze, I was able to tap into the 15 amp circuit using a waterproof butt connector. Now I have fixed the very weak low end of the base system and I am very pleased with the results.

OP
OP
JGee

JGee

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yes! Did that

Bblake12

Black Diamond
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.3L 2021 Black Diamond Bronco, 2012 LR4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Update! As mentioned in the YouTube, and by others on the thread, its not a good plan to tap off the rear speakers for a powered subwoofer input. Instead I pulled the front kickpanel speakers and soldered the subwoofer high level input wires to them, and ran those to the Kicker HS8 that I mounted in the rear cargo area. I have the AUX switches, so I used AUX 2 to provide power to the rear panel area. Just had to connect up two wires underhood and then the second connection behind the glovebox, which wasn't too bad. To get to the cargo area power feed I just pulled the trim panel off and while it was a tight squeeze, I was able to tap into the 15 amp circuit using a waterproof butt connector. Now I have fixed the very weak low end of the base system and I am very pleased with the results.
Can you elaborate on your power wiring ? Did you not tap the battery with a fuse ? Sounds like you went from the Aux switch but is that always on then ? I am not sure about eh glovebox part. Step by Step would be great.

OP
OP
JGee

JGee

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Can you elaborate on your power wiring ? Did you not tap the battery with a fuse ? Sounds like you went from the Aux switch but is that always on then ? I am not sure about eh glovebox part. Step by Step would be great.
Sure! I used the Aux 2 switch line, which is rated for 15 amps and is fused. The Aux switches and circuits are only powered when ignition is on, so works perfectly with the subwoofer. I don’t mind having it toggled on. In order to tie the Aux 2 line to the rear cargo area you need to remove the glovebox to access and connect the wires. There are videos that show how easy it is to drop the glovebox. It is a bit of work to find the wires but not awful. You can find the color coding for the wires on the online owners manual in your Sync. I used butt connectors to tie the circuits together. Easy!!
Sponsored