Sponsored

Accessibility (ingress / egress) of Sasquatch package?

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For any folks that have checked out a Bronco with the Sasquatch package in person: How was it to get in and out of the vehicle? Assuming it also didn’t have side steps.

I used to have a Silverado, and although it didn’t have 35” tires it was a bit challenging to get in. That being said, the Broncos grab handles will likely make this easier.

Just curious on your thoughts. Thanks!
I want these!
I’m 6’ 3”, but my knees are 400 years old!!

Ford Bronco Accessibility (ingress / egress) of Sasquatch package? C1E9003A-FAB6-4C3A-8314-9DC370C84093
Sponsored

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want these!

Ford Bronco Accessibility (ingress / egress) of Sasquatch package? C1E9003A-FAB6-4C3A-8314-9DC370C84093
Is that just a step attached to the rock rail?

Not sure my feelings on that for the 4 door model. Would need to see it in person.

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is that just a step attached to the rock rail?

Not sure my feelings on that for the 4 door model. Would need to see it in person.
Yes it’s just attached to the rock rails.

Wide Open Roads

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Outback, '57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta, '10 911 C2S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know the 2-door has been a rarity on the tour, but I wonder how much more difficult it will be for some of us shorter folks to get in the back. No grab handle to help there.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes it’s just attached to the rock rails.

I was just watching a different video when you posted this of the exact same Bronco. This shows them a little closer up. They actually aren't too bad looking!

Sponsored
OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know the 2-door has been a rarity on the tour, but I wonder how much more difficult it will be for some of us shorter folks to get in the back. No grab handle to help there.
Good point, I actually never thought of that. Not even a steering wheel to grab onto either. I guess the back of the seat for any type of grabbing may be it...

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For any folks that have checked out a Bronco with the Sasquatch package in person: How was it to get in and out of the vehicle? Assuming it also didn’t have side steps.

I used to have a Silverado, and although it didn’t have 35” tires it was a bit challenging to get in. That being said, the Broncos grab handles will likely make this easier.

Just curious on your thoughts. Thanks!
It’s no problem, unless you’re handicapped or over 75. Otherwise, just get in. No big deal at all...and no steps needed.

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We sat in the BD SAS yesterday. My wife is 5’3” and she was fine with it. Had to use the grab handle but she hopped right in. I’m 5’11” seemed pretty normal to me. Easier to get in than my 2001 F250 and my 84 CJ with a 2” lift and 33” tires.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The power steps are pretty nice on my truck.. maybe amp research will make some that tuck in behind the rock rails

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I want these!

I wonder if these are easy on/off. Might have to get some on case I have to pick up some family members. My mother in law came with me to see the event and could not get into one.

Sponsored
OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder if these are easy on/off. Might have to get some on case I have to pick up some family members. My mother in law came with me to see the event and could not get into one.
They looks like a couple bolts and they're be on/off. Not sure how often you'd want to be taking them on and off however. If I didn't have these steps on, I'd likely just bring a small step stool for those rare trips when someone may not be able to get in easily.

This will be one feature I miss on my Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk - Air suspension. Makes it much easier to get in and out.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

They looks like a couple bolts and they're be on/off. Not sure how often you'd want to be taking them on and off however. If I didn't have these steps on, I'd likely just bring a small step stool for those rare trips when someone may not be able to get in easily.

This will be one feature I miss on my Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk - Air suspension. Makes it much easier to get in and out.
I was actually kind of wondering if they could just be hooked on and then taken off, not leaving them on and not even bothering with the bolts.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was actually kind of wondering if they could just be hooked on and then taken off, not leaving them on and not even bothering with the bolts.
Ah, gotcha - That's a good idea. I'm sure something could be rigged up. It looks like they do kind of hook on and the bolts just keep them in place.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
On my Isuzu, you usually either grab the B-pillar or push off of the back of the front seat.
Sponsored