Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 435i Xdrive
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If ford is also saying these accessories can be financed with the vehicle that’s another large upside with going factory in this scenario.
Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have leased my last 3 F150s . Other than the bed cover I moved to all three, I ordered what I wanted and paid the price pro-rated for the lease term. I was surprised to see the depth of “running boards” available and the pricing as the first accessory I am considering (deciding Big Bend vs. OBX). Assuming the aftermarket has similar options available for the Bronco, I think a “nerf bar” style step may be better off road then factory and less expensive. I have no concerns installing bolt on rails or bars, so that’s a bonus too. Just an example, but I will definitely do my homework and compare when possible. Better and cheaper? I can’t pass that up, if that’s the case?

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I prefer to get everything that is available and that I want in my factory build, even if it costs a bit more. The only exception this time will likely be the trailer hitch because I've added these on a couple of my vehicles (and the pricing for it seems way too high for what you get).

After that, I will usually shop around for the best quality/price for any accessories that I want and install them myself.

For things like suspension and wheels, I've never made changes like this to my vehicles and don't really want to. That's where the higher trims (like Wildtrak) become even more important to me.

OP
OP
pan-y-cerveza

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If ford is also saying these accessories can be financed with the vehicle that’s another large upside with going factory in this scenario.
If the price is right go for it. But it doesn't make sense to me to overpay for something just to finance it.

Squidma

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper Countryman
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sounds like they can’t afford the new car
This is why financing/leasing exists. Not everyone can just throw down $40k-$50k every few years for a new ride. You're in a very fortunate position to not need to think about financing and I congratulate you on that.

Sponsored

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sounds like they can’t afford the new car
You won't be able to afford a new car for much longer if you stay in California lol. Enjoy the insane markups and ridiculous taxes buddy! /s

teerav

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Totally viable thread though. Knowing your options will save you a lot of money. I installed a remote start on my mom's Ford Fusion. The kit cost ~$140 through after market and took me ~15 minutes to install. Ford was charging $360... With the prospect of 165k+ reservations, give it until 2022 for lots of less expensive after market products. No one should be afraid to go down a trim from their dream trim. Ford will likely only warranty for 3 years on most things.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There's a thread somewhere around here that had Ford's pricing for Yakima accessories and the like. They were higher-priced than getting them pretty much anywhere else. So it's basically a choice whether to pay more and roll it into your financing or pay less.

The prices may have been speculative and may or may not be true, but it's worth looking into before you start loading up on accessories through Ford. So... I guess I agree with the premise of the thread lol

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Depends on the model, but the more options/upgrades a vehicle comes with generally the more room there is to negotiate as margins on options are higher. So the 'true' price is normally more reasonable(unless you are a crazy person like me that seems to always want to buy new model in the first couple months it is out where you are stuck with MSRP...) for a vehicle that comes with stuff already on it as you can knock more off of MSRP.

Also, I like to ask for a an accessory or two as my final negotiating position. Basically get to the price you are willing to pay, then be like "I'll pay that if you add in the OEM cargo cover and slush mats..." which they have like 2x margins on so they have no issue throwing in.

Sponsored

comfour

Big Bend
First Name
cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If the Tow package is only hitch and wiring, then I'll go aftermarket and add a brake controller

Locked-n-loaded

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.socalfj40.com
Vehicle(s)
'74 Toyota FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bought and installed all the wiring and the hitch on my Ford Edge for about $175 and the dealer wanted something like $500 or more. I'll definitely skip factory accessory options I can do myself. I always have I always will.

Appalachia_Ewok

Base
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 PT Cruiser, '62 DeVille, '96 XJ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is why financing/leasing exists. Not everyone can just throw down $40k-$50k every few years for a new ride. You're in a very fortunate position to not need to think about financing and I congratulate you on that.
I don't think the person you're replying to is talking about buying a whole vehicle outright, just not financing a bunch of extras on a new purchase. Financing a vehicle is justifiable because it is such a large purchase. Lumping in $200 dollars here and $500 dollars there for simple things like blackout badges, a basic trailer hitch, or upgraded speakers (all things you can easily get aftermarket, and probably cheaper too) to your finance just means you're paying interest on things that you don't have to. Finance your vehicle, wait a reasonable amount of time to save up for these smaller purchases, and buy outright later without paying interest on a couple thousand dollars worth of extras you didn't have to. If you can't finance the vehicle and still bank some money it's too expensive for you.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

BTW a smart way to do this, although you most likely will pay a higher price for the accessory, is get the Ford Pass credit card which just came out and you can lump in accessory purchases at 0% promotions.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You all make a lot of great points. The option that I am planning on doing aftermarket is the towing package. The survey price of $600 is ridiculous considering it is a Class II hitch and some wiring. The only thing that concerns me is how long before the aftermarket will have something available and since it is a new design, how much it will cost when first released.
I am not saying that the cooling package would necessarily justify the cost of the tow option, but I thought that I read somewhere that it was included.
Sponsored