Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Seeing a post where someone was thinking of moving up to another trim just for better looking wheels got me thinking about this. I've seen other similar statements as well.

Always check and compare prices to doing things yourself or purchasing separately. Things like wheel upgrades are usually super overpriced as an option.

The tow package, if survey pricing is correct and is only wiring and a hitch, could be done much cheaper yourself. Even if you pay for install.

Something like "blackout badges" or whatever similar option will be handled by the aftermarket way cheaper than what an car company sells it for.

Accessories will be all over the map I'm sure. Some may be a deal but many will be cheaper through other channels.

I know some will want to be one and done with everything. That's cool but if you're looking to save some money it's worth a minimal amount of effort and research.
Sponsored

Last edited:

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Personal experience, I like to stick with factory accessories and options as they're covered under factory warranty. Might be a few bucks more, but good piece of mind knowing they're covered if you have a problem. Just my humble opinion ?

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Personal experience, I like to stick with factory accessories and options as they're covered under factory warranty. Might be a few bucks more, but good piece of mind knowing they're covered if you have a problem. Just my humble opinion ?
This

OP
OP
pan-y-cerveza

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Fair. But again.. Worth looking into. Most accessories will carry their own warranties and may even exceed Ford's.

Squidma

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper Countryman
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For some buyers it may be more feasible to build these accessories into the price of the vehicle and finance it than to drop additional thousands of dollars cash money on wheels/tires, tow hitches, etc... after walking off the lot with a new car.

Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep most of the time factory options will ne
More expensive than after market
But for me once I purchase a vehicle I don’t spend much money on it besides routine maintenance. My hobbies keep me plenty busy and spending money to outfit my rig once I get it home isn’t something I will do. So one thing I love about the bronco is getting it pretty much how I want right from the factory is awesome. Yep I might spend a little more initially but my history shows if I don’t do it at the factory or dealership the truck will mostly likely be as is..
To each their own..

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Fair. But again.. Worth looking into. Most accessories will carry their own warranties and may even exceed Ford's.
I installed a aftermarket lift on my 4Runnner Trd Pro. Every time I had suspension and steering problems it was blamed on my aftermarket lift and dealer wouldn't cover. From what I've read Ford did their homework on Bronco accessories, I should be fine selecting from their catalog. Also some dealer will give you accessories discount if you roll into new vehicle purchase. Nothing against the aftermarket boys, but with a all new ground up vehicle my money is sticking with Factory accessories. Again just my humble opinion ?. Your money spend it your way.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

With the Bronco being a brand new offering Ford will be the only player out of the gate. With this there won't be much comparing prices except for wheels and lights or any other generic fit items. Give it a year and you'll see the aftermarket flooded with offerings for both good and bad.

I've usually chosen factory accessories in the past if it's the look I want but have mixed and matched based on reviews, etc. from forum sites. Same timeframe, in a year this site will be full of reviews on products.

OP
OP
pan-y-cerveza

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I installed a aftermarket lift on my 4Runnner Trd Pro. Every time I had suspension and steering problems it was blamed on my aftermarket lift and dealer wouldn't cover. From what I've read Ford did their homework on Bronco accessories, I should be fine selecting from their catalog. Also some dealer will give you accessories discount if you roll into new vehicle purchase. Nothing against the aftermarket boys, but with a all new ground up vehicle my money is sticking with Factory accessories. Again just my humble opinion ?. Your money spend it your way.
Lifts, I agree, should definitely go factory. That's pretty serious as far as options and accessories.

I'm speaking more towards the "bolt on" stuff as opposed to drivetrain and mechanical stuff.

The 200 doo-dad's. Roof racks, winches, soft tops, etc. Some of these you may be better served buying separately.

For instance my wife just bought a 4Runner. The roof rack that you could add was a Yakima for $1000 covered under the 3 year warrenty or you can buy the same Yakima rack for half of that anywhere with a lifetime warrenty. No sense in paying Toyota extra for that in my humble opinion.

These 200 accessories aren't all brand new Ford products. Majority of them will out-of-house products that you can buy anywhere.

I'm not saying instead of buying the Ford product buy something else...just to check if you can but that exact same product elsewhere.

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There’s a lot of pros and cons to both side to consider...
Aftermarket: possibly more choices and cheaper. Downside time you spend installing and if something goes wrong with vehicle, dealers usually point the finger at the alterations you made, hence won’t be covered by warranty.
Factory: no time spend on labor, warranty covered, built in to your payment. Downside is lack of other options, pricey, and you don’t learn how to install.something goes wrong, you may not be able to trouble shoot since you didn’t install yourself. Now it’s time spent waiting on the dealer to fix.

Sponsored

Fubl

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 buick lesabre
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

anyone have access to fords warranty handbook. we just raised thw question yesterday with our warranty (diffrent brand) so accessories boight and put on before sale are covered unser nvlw (either factory/port/dealer). sold over parts counter are 12 months 12 k. the loophole if through service the parts build on a repair order the accessories are covered for remaining nvlw. I mean its small stuff we don't have 200 accessories over all our models but diffrence between 12 and up to 50 months is huge

porjos

Black Diamond
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I couldn't agree more with OP's post - with minor upgrades you're paying a huge premium for convenience only.

I'm biased, because I'm a DIY kind of guy - anything from suspension to wiring, but I also know my limitations and will get a certified mechanic to do what I can't. When it comes to black-out badges or simple bolt-ons like roof racks...limitation is not an excuse unless you're physically impaired. I don't want this come off like I care what people do with their money, just trying to echo OP's statement that you could be saving some serious dough with a little bit of research.

Ford Bronco Accessories and Options. Check Prices and Warranties DTUVvMKVQAEMon9

Also, aftermarket parts do not void warranties. This has been referenced multiple times before on the site, but there's something called the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Seeing a post where someone was thinking of moving up to another trim just for better looking wheels got me thinking about this. I've seen other similar statements as well.

Always check and compare prices to doing things yourself or purchasing separately. Things like wheel upgrades are usually super overpriced as an option.

The tow package, if survey pricing is correct and is only wiring and a hitch, could be done much cheaper yourself. Even if you pay for install.

Something like "blackout badges" or whatever similar option will be handled by the aftermarket way cheaper than what an car company sells it for.

Accessories will be all over the map I'm sure. Some may be a deal but many will be cheaper through other channels.

I know some will want to be one and done with everything. That's cool but if you're looking to save some money it's worth a minimal amount of effort and research.
Agreed, especially with the tow package. The towing package from Ford, if it is only the Class II hitch and wiring harness, is a gigantic waste of money. I'll fill everyone in on a little secret: A wiring harness and a hitch for towing isn't going to void your warranty, lol. As others have said, blacking out the badging is a very simple job with Plasti-Dip, and it can be pealed off and won't hurt your paint. It will actually protect anything you put it on. You could also remove the badging and paint them yourself with a single-stage, semi-gloss black and get a pretty beautiful result. Don't spend an arm and a leg buying accessories (lighting, lifts (except the Sasquatch Package), bolt-ons, wheels, and tires) through Ford when you can get them through the aftermarket and installed for exponentially less money. BDS suspensions actually provide a warranty with all of their lift systems that will cover any repairs that need to be made that are deemed to be caused by the suspension lift.

Last edited:

Deano Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You all make a lot of great points. The option that I am planning on doing aftermarket is the towing package. The survey price of $600 is ridiculous considering it is a Class II hitch and some wiring. The only thing that concerns me is how long before the aftermarket will have something available and since it is a new design, how much it will cost when first released.

Deleted member 12854

For some buyers it may be more feasible to build these accessories into the price of the vehicle and finance it than to drop additional thousands of dollars cash money on wheels/tires, tow hitches, etc... after walking off the lot with a new car.
Sounds like they can’t afford the new car
Sponsored