Sponsored

Accessories Vs. Parts (roof racks and roofs)

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CG Wildtrak, E.R.A. 1966 Cobra 427 S/C replica
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Like many of you with hard top orders and for those of you who've been wondering if you'll be able to add a roof rack that wasn't available in your configuration, I learned this from my dealer.

" Can I order the roof rails and cross bars? I don't see it in the accessories list." If it's not on the accessories list then you can possibly order the parts. But keep in mind that this is the difference between "accessories" and "parts". If the roof rack was an accessory, you could buy the whole thing as a package. But if you are buying from "parts" you'll likely be buying each individual part separately and it may be more expensive.

"Can I order the MIC roof as "parts"? Same situation here. You'd be buying each panel, each side window (MOD roof) separately, as opposed to an "accessory" where you'd receive the entire "kit"

Bottom line is that I'm expecting that the aftermarket might be the better path toward getting a roof rack on your 4-door 2.7 bronco.
Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like many of you with hard top orders and for those of you who've been wondering if you'll be able to add a roof rack that wasn't available in your configuration, I learned this from my dealer.

" Can I order the roof rails and cross bars? I don't see it in the accessories list." If it's not on the accessories list then you can possibly order the parts. But keep in mind that this is the difference between "accessories" and "parts". If the roof rack was an accessory, you could buy the whole thing as a package. But if you are buying from "parts" you'll likely be buying each individual part separately and it may be more expensive.

"Can I order the MIC roof as "parts"? Same situation here. You'd be buying each panel, each side window (MOD roof) separately, as opposed to an "accessory" where you'd receive the entire "kit"

Bottom line is that I'm expecting that the aftermarket might be the better path toward getting a roof rack on your 4-door 2.7 bronco.
Not all "parts" are sold as individual parts. They can come as a kit I believe.

JMBGlass

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tacoma/C.O. Badlands 2.7 4Dr hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Another question I would have is, when it comes time to attempt to order an OEM roof rack from my dealer's parts dept., will there be a way to avoid having to let Ford know that I'll be putting it on a 4dr 2.7 Badlands? In other words, I'm wondering if they'll demand your VIN be listed when placing the order.

BuffaloBronco87

Outer Banks
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Another question I would have is, when it comes time to attempt to order an OEM roof rack from my dealer's parts dept., will there be a way to avoid having to let Ford know that I'll be putting it on a 4dr 2.7 Badlands? In other words, I'm wondering if they'll demand your VIN be listed when placing the order.
Ford doesn't care at that point about the weight issue. They've already said you can order the roof rack from your dealer.

OP
OP
SkyKing

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CG Wildtrak, E.R.A. 1966 Cobra 427 S/C replica
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford doesn't care at that point about the weight issue. They've already said you can order the roof rack from your dealer.
Not sure who at "Ford" said you can order a roof rack. It's not in the accessories database so far and we don't have a parts catalog so - we can't confirm availability or price, yet.
Sponsored