Sponsored

Accessories? Where are the ones we really want?

Richw23

Base
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have heard so much about accessories and how ford will have over 200 at launch and the aftermarket will flood the market with cool stuff… where is it? I am talking about the interchangeable stuff they touted so happily. Everything with a bronco bolt can be modded or upfitted… where are the grab handles to swap out? The removable fender flares can be swapped, but i cannot find standard flares anywhere. How about the grills? I have only seen the rtr grill which i am not sure if you can buy yet and nothing from the ford parts catalog. Seems so odd they talked about swapping these little things so much for a quick and easy change in minutes but these easy changes are the ones not available. If anybody has insight let us know. I am not looking for haters who say ”well we are in a pandemic”, that no longer is an excuse, this is life now. Looking for conversation, info or input. Thanks 6G community👍🏻
Sponsored

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The B&P accessory list has been changing over time. Unfortunately at original launch, it felt like 50 of the 200 accessories were mutually-incompatible Yakima racks/carriers. Pick your prefered hobby and pay $1000 for a custom roof carrier to match.

Then there's the usual padding of license frames in a variety of styles, each counting as an accessory.

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have heard so much about accessories and how ford will have over 200 at launch and the aftermarket will flood the market with cool stuff… where is it? I am talking about the interchangeable stuff they touted so happily. Everything with a bronco bolt can be modded or upfitted… where are the grab handles to swap out? The removable fender flares can be swapped, but i cannot find standard flares anywhere. How about the grills? I have only seen the rtr grill which i am not sure if you can buy yet and nothing from the ford parts catalog. Seems so odd they talked about swapping these little things so much for a quick and easy change in minutes but these easy changes are the ones not available. If anybody has insight let us know. I am not looking for haters who say ”well we are in a pandemic”, that no longer is an excuse, this is life now. Looking for conversation, info or input. Thanks 6G community👍🏻
With only a few thousand Broncos made so far you're not going to see an immediate flood of accessories. If they actually manage to start cranking out 200k a year then the aftermarket will really ramp up. If you're impatient about the accessories not being out yes I can't imagine the level of consternation you're experiencing waiting for your Bronco.

BL2.7SAS4DR

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone ordered accessories from the Ford Accessories website? How long did the order take? My order status has been "in processing" for about 8 days.

straycat

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Camry, 2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Has anyone ordered accessories from the Ford Accessories website? How long did the order take? My order status has been "in processing" for about 8 days.
Mine has been in processing since Aug 16th...emailed the local dealer that I'm picking up from, and they just sent me the invoice which I already had. So who knows when I'll get my order.

Sponsored

DaBronCo33

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Base
It’s funny, but now that I’m being pushed to ‘22 I’m going to be dropping a lot of accessories from my order update. I feel confident that the after market will catch up with better and cheaper options by the time I get my build date.

Roof rack (why am I getting this when I don’t even want the roof on), floor liners, recovery kits, etc…. I’m back and forth on a wench, but I’m definitely not dropping $3500 on Ford’s.

I’m sure there’s a lot of other folks in the same boat. I wonder how many Sasquatch packages are going to get dropped when some folks realize that they don’t really want to wheel and just want bigger wheels and tires. I have a feeling these delays are going to be costing Ford a lot of money.

wbrainbow

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 C-10, 2022 Black Diamond, 2007 Harley Davidso
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m not buying anything until I have my bronco. It would just piss me off every time I looked at anything I bought. I have enough crap in my shop already.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It’s funny, but now that I’m being pushed to ‘22 I’m going to be dropping a lot of accessories from my order update. I feel confident that the after market will catch up with better and cheaper options by the time I get my build date.

Roof rack (why am I getting this when I don’t even want the roof on), floor liners, recovery kits, etc…. I’m back and forth on a wench, but I’m definitely not dropping $3500 on Ford’s.

I’m sure there’s a lot of other folks in the same boat. I wonder how many Sasquatch packages are going to get dropped when some folks realize that they don’t really want to wheel and just want bigger wheels and tires. I have a feeling these delays are going to be costing Ford a lot of money.
That was me. I was dead set on the sas but over time I saw the stock tires and came to the realization I was only getting the sas for looks . And in person the 32s on the obx look just fine. Still has a great stance. Saved 4500 just dropping sas and I know I can upgrade my tires in the future if I really want it that badly

I won't be off roading enough to justify getting sas and I'm anything but a poser

Bjj101

Outer Banks
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX, 2020 Lexus RX450
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have.... actually 2 separate orders. First order was a spare wheel cover, been almost 4 weeks since that was placed. My 2nd order was the Bimini and it arrived in about a week. So my guess is some of the items are on a back order.
Sponsored