Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Apologies if this has been discussed, as I'm sure it has, but I can't seem to determine the right search criteria to find it.

I don't see a ton of use for the grab handle to the right of the stick shift. So far, I've used it to hang a plastic bag (just a plastic shopping bag) as a garbage receptacle. Great to have a place to put garbage, but this looks like crap, and I'm hoping to find some kind of accessory options to replace the handle that will:

1. Enable me to mount my phone and get it out of the way. The little inset phone space on the console is great, but to use Apple CarPlay or charge it, the USB port is on the opposite side of the stick shift, so my charging cable is constantly in the way. I'd like to be able to put the phone on some kind of secure mount where the grab handle is, with a shorter cable to the USB. I tried a phone holder that clips to an air vent, from Walmart, but the phone is too heavy to stay upright. Just doesn't work, and I don't want it in front of the air vent anyway.

I've seen a phone mount that sits in a cup holder (I think this is an official Ford accessory), so if there is a good cup holder that can attach with the Bronco Bolts and replace the grab handle, that would work. It would also be great to have that extra cup holder in general, for drinks or whatever, with the phone mount removed sometimes.

I don't want a phone mount on the dash, due to excessive heat on the phone in the summer.

2. Also mount some kind of better garbage receptacle setup there, under the phone mount.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Edit to add/note: I did finally find this, which I'd seen here before. But any other suggestions to consider would greatly be appreciated!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Lord Bronco

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This would be to my liking as far as a phone mount, without even removing the handle, but I doubt I'll be paying $47 for a phone mount. And I still need a trash receptacle solution.

I guess I could consider hanging a trash bag on the molle grate on the back of the passenger seat and could reach back to put trash in it. Ideally, something I could hang and put a plastic shopping bag inside it.

Last edited:

Coloradonatives

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Chevelle 2020 Chevy Traverse 2009 9-7x Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This would be to my liking as far as a phone mount, without even removing the handle, but I doubt I'll be paying $47 for a phone mount. And I still need a trash receptacle solution.

I guess I could consider hanging a trash bag on the molle grate on the back of the passenger seat and could reach back to put trash in it. Ideally, something I could hang and put a plastic shopping bag inside it.
That seems like a good idea for trash, to me.

OP
OP
Lord Bronco

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just solved the trash receptacle need. Got this at AutoZone for $10. Currently hanging on the grab handle. Will put plastic bag inside. It also snaps shut.

Strap buckle wouldn't fit through molle spaces, but may move it there later with molle straps.
Ford Bronco Accessory Options to Replace Grab Handle to Right of Stick Shift DE439ACD-7CC1-47FE-A9D5-DA73A8933C1A

Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Vortex Maxi center console phone mount for 2021 Bronco (vortexsigns.com)

I just ordered the sister product that looks like a real solid option for mounting a phone. As was mentioned, the dash may block the view and it may wind up being too hot.

Ford Bronco Accessory Options to Replace Grab Handle to Right of Stick Shift broncophonemount4f-550x550w

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just installed the Vortex Maxi and I have to say it is the perfect phone holder for the console grab handle. The rubberized camps are shaped to fit the handle and the thumb screw sinches it down just right. It is solid and the phone clamp is equally strong. You can angle the phone any way you like and even toward the passenger if necessary. The proximity to the center console charging ports is excellent and a short cord makes quick work of the connection if you need it.
No vested interest in the product or company, other than it is a great accessory and I highly recommend it.

Ford Bronco Accessory Options to Replace Grab Handle to Right of Stick Shift Phone3

Ford Bronco Accessory Options to Replace Grab Handle to Right of Stick Shift Phone2

Ford Bronco Accessory Options to Replace Grab Handle to Right of Stick Shift Phone1

OP
OP
Lord Bronco

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Probably going to just keep the handle as-is for now and keep phone in the little phone/stuff tray between stick and console. Got a shorter charger cable so it's not going everywhere. I don't need to have the phone screen always visible, as I'm training myself to just use CarPlay when driving. Just wish the Bronco had wireless CarPlay.

E9DF21DF-DB0F-4A4F-8806-A6679AA8A2AA.jpeg

UncleRod

Base
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Probably going to just keep the handle as-is for now and keep phone in the little phone/stuff tray between stick and console. Got a shorter charger cable so it's not going everywhere. I don't need to have the phone screen always visible, as I'm training myself to just use CarPlay when driving. Just wish the Bronco had wireless CarPlay.

Ford Bronco Accessory Options to Replace Grab Handle to Right of Stick Shift E9DF21DF-DB0F-4A4F-8806-A6679AA8A2AA
My base bronco has wireless Apple CarPlay standard. Check your Bluetooth settings

OP
OP
Lord Bronco

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My base bronco has wireless Apple CarPlay standard. Check your Bluetooth settings
Well, I'll be damned! After six months of ownership and several attempts to figure it out in the Bronco's Bluetooth settings, I'm now running CarPlay wirelessly. I'd seen others on here say you had to be plugged in. After your comment, I got in the Bronco and still couldn't set it up, but I Googled how to. It required some settings changes on my iPhone in order for it to work.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Sponsored

LA Pick

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, Mustang, Explorer, S2000, Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, I'll be damned! After six months of ownership and several attempts to figure it out in the Bronco's Bluetooth settings, I'm now running CarPlay wirelessly. I'd seen others on here say you had to be plugged in. After your comment, I got in the Bronco and still couldn't set it up, but I Googled how to. It required some settings changes on my iPhone in order for it to work.

Thanks!
You might also consider a 90 degree cable for your phone charging. Mine fits quite nicely in the pocket:

https://www.amazon.com/UGREEN-Lightning-Charging-Certified-Compatible/dp/B07Q48PGN3

Bronco Bax

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

E9DF21DF-DB0F-4A4F-8806-A6679AA8A2AA.jpeg
it does..

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lord Bronco

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

After googling and figuring out settings I had to change on my phone and the actual protocol for setting it up on the Bronco, I now have it working, but for six months, the Bronco kept telling me I had to plug in to use CarPlay. And there was nothing in the Bronco onscreen manual that got me past that. Had to figure it out online.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

hello im kind of late to this thread but ive been designing custom 3d printable files for awhile and want to get into printing bronco accessories. im a few weeks out from my bronco arriving but if you can send me the dimensions for the mounting plate i could try and make the accessory you're looking for.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Thanks!
Watch your battery consumption - wireless CarPlay eats power voraciously…
Sponsored