Sponsored

Active and retired military Bronco owners!

What branch of the military did you serve in?

• Total voters

BaseMod

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This page has grew a bunch, y’all have tips for a new 2LT going to Vance AFB, Oklahoma for pilot training in May?

topic starters (not limited to):

- military long distance relationship (My lady will be here in San Antonio, TX)
- tips and tricks for IMT, UPT, SERE, all of the above
- things to do in Oklahoma besides wake up and go to sleep
- steps I can take to benefit before I get there (if I had the money a ppl would be on the way)
- steps to engage enlisted force as a pilot, presuming I won’t be allowed/have time to get knuckle busting With them.

there are a million topics that can be covered, and I will be grateful for all views, information, and guidance. I’m undecided on my goal airframe, but would be happy with any fighter, Bomber, or surveillance/reconnaissance aircraft. I really do not want to fly cargo, tankers, or rotary, if I was a single man then why not!
You may want to check into what AC and MC 130s do in AFSOC...Osprey and other uhhhhh ummm not so well known aircraft are up to. Plus, with exception of Canon AFB AFSOC has some pretty amazing locations.
Sponsored

McNasty

Black Diamond
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Greetings Warriors! Active Duty USN Senior Chief currently in Norfolk area but I will be PCSing back to the San Diego area when its time to pick up my new Oxford White 4dr Black Diamond Sas! Damn this is an exciting rig!

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Retired AF. 24 years, 1983 to 2007. Space Systems Maintenance the whole time; radars and satellite communications. Civil Servant now for 12 years. Reserved a 2 door Big Bend Antimatter Blue with manual transmission. Millennial anti-theft device all the way. EDIT: Reality changed my mind and I ordered what is reflected in my signature. CFO can't drive stick.:p

Last edited:

Diff Whack

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 Explorer, 13 Edge, 00 F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Retired Navy.
2dr Badlands. Lux and squatch. Race red and hopefully a withe roof and grill.

dmtndan

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Silverado, 2014 Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You may want to check into what AC and MC 130s do in AFSOC...Osprey and other uhhhhh ummm not so well known aircraft are up to. Plus, with exception of Canon AFB AFSOC has some pretty amazing locations.
oh if I was Single before commisioning then I would have went this route 12/10 times.

Sponsored

ndegnan1992

Big Bend
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So like many of you here I reached out to MAS to see what could be worked with them. The fella I've been emailing with confirmed what some of you have said here, that basically your reservation goes out the window and any sort of order you make with them is independent of that. I'm not sure exactly how that would play into the delivery timeline, but to me it sounds like it would extend it.

What's more, according to him their incentives will be limited to begin with. Somewhere in the neighborhood of $800-$1500 below MSRP, which makes me thing a better deal can be found with an earlier delivery date using a CONUS dealership.

He didn't mention anything about reserving a F-150 as a placeholder either so obviously there's some different information floating around. Just wanted to toss in what I've been told.
So I reserved with them, they are below MSRP and they automatically add any rebates what come out for the vehicle, ending you on whatever one will make the final purchase price the cheapest.

My rep said that Ford is allocating a certain amount of Broncos to MAS monthly, so depending on how many they get the time line could be way less, or longer. Impossible to know. I’m currently 15th in line as far as reservations are concerned.

Also my rep has me reserved for an Escape as a placeholder for the time being until the Bronco gets added to their inventory.

Rocker

Badlands
First Name
jeffery j. Scro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
US Army retired looking at the outer banks with Lux, the only thing is closing color even with the online pictures and paper the colors are hard to make out,
Wished they had kept some of the old school ones like orange or light blue.
What color is area 51 ?

21BroncoFlyer

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Land Rover Discovery
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I reserved with them, they are below MSRP and they automatically add any rebates what come out for the vehicle, ending you on whatever one will make the final purchase price the cheapest.
When you say you reserved with them, did you have a reservation already through Ford and you switched it to MAS or did you work it independently through MAS?

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 FX4, BMW M550i, BMW Z4, Mini Cooper, Bronco First Edition Reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This page has grew a bunch, y’all have tips for a new 2LT going to Vance AFB, Oklahoma for pilot training in May?

topic starters (not limited to):

- military long distance relationship (My lady will be here in San Antonio, TX)
- tips and tricks for IMT, UPT, SERE, all of the above
- things to do in Oklahoma besides wake up and go to sleep
- steps I can take to benefit before I get there (if I had the money a ppl would be on the way)
- steps to engage enlisted force as a pilot, presuming I won’t be allowed/have time to get knuckle busting With them.

there are a million topics that can be covered, and I will be grateful for all views, information, and guidance. I’m undecided on my goal airframe, but would be happy with any fighter, Bomber, or surveillance/reconnaissance aircraft. I really do not want to fly cargo, tankers, or rotary, if I was a single man then why not!
I will give you the same advice I gave my son as he headed off to Marine OCS:

Stay Focused - Easy to get distracted, easy to let other things get in the way. Your main job is to become a GREAT officer.
Don't Quit - Everybody has a stumbling block. Everyone has a point they wonder why they started this in the first place, everyone has a challenge. When you hit that wall, don't let the wall defeat you. Use your classmates, your instructors, the enlisted to help you get through that wall. Make them drag you off the field of battle. NEVER (in Navy terms) RING THE BELL.
You Don't Know Much Yet - You ask about enlisted. I am a Mustang, meaning that I went to the Desert an enlisted man, came back an Officer. The biggest mistake any young officer can make is not listening to your enlisted. They have been there, seen a lot, and want you to succeed. They also want Officers who can lead them eventually. Use them to accelerate your learning. Ask them if you don't know something. The bars don't make you all-knowing.
You Will Make Mistakes - Own up immediately, learn from it, and commit yourself to do better. Do everything in your power NOT to make the same mistake twice.
Be Harder on Yourself then Anyone - You need to drive yourself to do better. If you are not your own harshest critic, if you are not comfortable in your own skin and understand you own weaknesses, it will show quickly.
After-Action Reviews - Listen, contribute, learn. Don't let a single one of these not get your full attention.
Officers v. Enlisted - You are still an Officer. You need to remember that there are higher expectations for you and higher consequences for error. Be part of the team (softball, workout groups, even study groups) but remember you are still and Officer and drinking, gambling, dating, etc. is off bounds.
You are LAST - Back to your enlisted question. YOU WORK FOR THEM. Your job is not to make their lives harder, it is to break down roadblocks and barriers to them achieving their mission. You should eat last, sleep last, be up first, and be checking on the health and well-being of your team constantly. They should be always on your mind. Don't look for recognition for doing your job, recognize your people. In one part of my training, after I was an officer, I watched an Officer get dropped from the school because it was all about him and his people were third or fourth. Don't be that Officer.
SERE School - SERE school was classified, not sure it has changed. The main thing is everything I said before.
Airframe - Remember it is always the needs of the service. We all want to be Jet Pilots, SPECWAR Operators, etc. Ultimately, the Service comes first. Whatever you get, be the best pilot that airframe has ever seen and the best Officer in the Squadron.

Hope this helps...

Sponsored

ndegnan1992

Big Bend
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
When you say you reserved with them, did you have a reservation already through Ford and you switched it to MAS or did you work it independently through MAS?
I already had my reservation through Ford. I didn’t know I could use MAS for the Bronco until I read this thread actually.

I still currently have my dealership reservation in place. Think I’ll probably ride it out until it comes time to actually order just to cover my bases.

davidg05819

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Chevy Trail Boss, 2020 Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ex Army grunt living the quiet/good life in northern New England.

Reserved a 4 door Badlands. Thinking that will be the order. Previous vehicles have been white or black but I like the carbonized gray. Might be a coin flip in December.

Glad to be in the forum. Looks like lots of great info here.

Aggro

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Served 7 years in the USAF as a 1C5D Command and Control Battle Management Operator previously known as Aerospace Control and Warning Systems. Now I'm in the civil service and loving it!

Reserved a 4-Door Wildtrak but will probably be changing it to a 2-Door. Was dead set on the Cactus Grey for the 4-Door but i can't decide on a color for the 2-Door :unsure:

JayKrup

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP JL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Active Army currently deployed, hopefully ill be back in time to pick up my 2D Badlands!
Sponsored