Sponsored

Active Orange (aka Badlands Orange) Paint Source?

dwfern

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where would one find a supply of the Active Orange paint color used as the Badland trim color?

Has anyone found a source or have a paint code/mixing combo where someone could mix some up?
Sponsored

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP

dwfern

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

thanks for the link. Looks like I would need to call them to get the Active Orange and/or see if they could mix it.
I'm in the same boat as you. I am looking at painting some of my parts Active Orange to add accent colors. Would love to hear what you find out.

Neps

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX-5, Focus EV, F150, F350, Scout II (2)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any automotive paint shop can get you the paint. They can do a color match, but to be more accurate the paint code would reveal the formula.
Do you happen to have the paint code or know what vehicle this color was used on?

Sponsored

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any automotive paint shop can get you the paint. They can do a color match, but to be more accurate the paint code would reveal the formula.
Do you happen to have the paint code or know what vehicle this color was used on?
I am not sure if they have it as a paint form just yet. It's the interior accent color that you can find inside the Badlands on the grab handles, stitching and vents. It is also on the exterior via the Badlands badge. My thought process was to take it into Sherwin Williams and have them color match it and put it in a spray can.

MrGreen55

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota scion xb
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where would one find a supply of the Active Orange paint color used as the Badland trim color?
Has anyone found a source or have a paint code/mixing combo where someone could mix some up?

I think you have the wrong name some people think it's old ford color like the picture which is
(ELECTRIC SPICE H8) So all bandland owners are spice girls now 🤣

Ford Bronco Active Orange (aka Badlands Orange) Paint Source? cd933d

OP
OP

dwfern

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am not sure if they have it as a paint form just yet. It's the interior accent color that you can find inside the Badlands on the grab handles, stitching and vents. It is also on the exterior via the Badlands badge. My thought process was to take it into Sherwin Williams and have them color match it and put it in a spray can.
That is a good idea. I got some of the BRONCO dashboard inlays and have an extra set of them so I could do the same thing at Sherwin Williams.

iBrad81

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I ordered a H8 paint pen from automotive touchup to see the color, it looks more copper to me, but I don’t have a badlands to compare it in front of me

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In my experience, computer color matching requires a sizeable swatch of the color to work. Not sure S-W can match the small details inside a BL…….interested to hear further.

Sponsored

Bschurr

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

iBrad81

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Supposedly there is Electric Spice Metallic and Electric Spice Pearl, I ordered metallic but the pearl looks more towards the badlands and F150 Tremor trim.

I guess I’ll order some of the pearl and see how that looks

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
cyber orange is a tricoat, which is a bit complicated to color match without the formula from Ford.

Even as a touchup paint, you wont match the depth that the tricoat provides. which might be fine for accent trim, but it would be near impossible to DIY repaint a panel and expect a match.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

cyber orange is a tricoat, which is a bit complicated to color match without the formula from Ford.

Even as a touchup paint, you wont match the depth that the tricoat provides. which might be fine for accent trim, but it would be near impossible to DIY repaint a panel and expect a match.
Just to clarify, they're not asking about the Cyber Orange exterior paint (which you rightly point out is a tri-coat). They're asking about the so-called active orange that is used as an interior trim color on the grab handles, as well as on the Badlands badge/sticker.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs