Sponsored

Actual length of 4 door Bronco - includes spare tire?

Arianone

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ok I see in published specs the length of the 4 door is shown as 189.4”. The question is, does that include the spare tire on the tailgate?
Sponsored

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.evergreenclothier.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 Tiguan S w/4motion | '14 Fiesta SE Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wanted to ask this very question during the Ford Q&A on twitter but I was at work and couldn’t break away. I’m surprised it didn’t get covered. Because we may never know, I’m leaning hard towards the two door.

OP
OP

Arianone

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just want to know if it will fit in my garage. If not it will be the 2 door then.

silveragemarvel

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ok I see in published specs the length of the 4 door is shown as 189.4”. The question is, does that include the spare tire on the tailgate?
I've asked this same question with dealer and a post in next Q & A. I think I'll stay with 2 door. 4-door Bronco is still about same length as my 98 Land Cruiser which is more car than I need.

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would be more conserned about the height than the length if you have a standard 7' garage. My Ranger barely fits with a length of 210". Even if the length they give doesn't include the spare. For a 285 tire, you can add an additional 12" of length to compensate for it. But I think it does include the spare. I don't see the Bronco being as long as my Ranger with a 5' bed.

Sponsored

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 Lexus GX, ‘75 Bronco Sport “Buddy”
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I parked my GX (192”) next to one of the 4-door test mules. They were almost the same length including the spare, so I’d say the 189” includes the tire.

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bumping this to the top, searched without luck. Has anyone confirmed length specs includes the spare? Doesn't seem that's the case if the site isn't accounting for packages or tire size.

EquusBronsis

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Porsche Macan GTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Bumping this to the top, searched without luck. Has anyone confirmed length specs includes the spare? Doesn't seem that's the case if the site isn't accounting for packages or tire size.
I saw a diagram a few days ago which showed the spare included in the ~189”, but of course I can’t find it again. I’m freaking out after I just the size of the two door next to 4runner. Ordering 4 dr, but don’t want a behemoth though.

Hornet

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I saw a diagram a few days ago which showed the spare included in the ~189”, but of course I can’t find it again. I’m freaking out after I just the size of the two door next to 4runner. Ordering 4 dr, but don’t want a behemoth though.
Tire delete. There are threads about kits to remove the spare.

Sponsored

Firefly

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford F250 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Since the official length change from trim to trim (173.7" for 2dr Base vs 174.8" for BL), it must include the spare tire.

Ford Bronco Actual length of 4 door Bronco - includes spare tire? Screenshot_20201107-172918
The difference is due to the Badland modular bumper and steel rear. The listed lengths do not include the spare. The spare tire widths are different for all 4 models listed.

intothegnar

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Volkswagen GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The difference is due to the Badland modular bumper and steel rear. The listed lengths do not include the spare. The spare tire widths are different for all 4 models listed.
Hmm. Why would 4dr WT have a different length in that case? FWIK, it shares the same bumper as Base and BB. Then again, this is from an old PDF. Also, since backup camera is at the tip of the spare tire mount, it would be strange for it not to be included in the length.

Firefly

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford F250 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hmm. Why would 4dr WT have a different length in that case? FWIK, it shares the same bumper as Base and BB. Then again, this is from an old PDF. Also, since backup camera is at the tip of the spare tire mount, it would be strange for it not to be included in the length.
The WT 2dr is the same length as BB and Base. Not sure what the 0.1 inch difference is on the 4 dr, but it can't be the spare as it is at least 2 inches wider than the Base and BB spares.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If it's within an inch of the Wrangler then maybe find the Wrangler length with the tire?

intothegnar

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Volkswagen GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not all that scientific with perspective and all. But I measured the length of 4dr BL with a 33" A/T spare tire on the back as 188.4" (just 1" shy of the official 189.4" figure) with a scaling app, based on the known wheelbase of 116.1".

Ford Bronco Actual length of 4 door Bronco - includes spare tire? vehicle (1)

Like I said, there's an error margin. So take this with a grain of salt. But it appears the spare tire is actually included in the published length.
Sponsored