Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C7 Corvette, Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don’t forget that the costs have gone up due to global supply chain issues. I work in supply chain - seems like there is upward pressure on nearly everything: steel, semiconductors (scarcity), transport, fuel, labor etc. so Ford holding pricing flat is a really good thing as I bet they are paying more to make the vehicles than they planned. Which means the vehicle is worth more due to replacement value (until all this turmoil passes).
Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
this truck is one of the last for the petrol head wheeler
Well....you're 100% correct that the ruling class have already written the ICE obit. But they've done that kinda like the kings of yore with a handroll & a flourish..."Make it so"

The only problem is these 'lektrik buggies keep catching fire all on their own. You know a third of the country still thinks the covid vaccine is deadly...I think there will be zillions of very late adapters for electric.

jimmy234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
@Carolina Jim
Lol yea it always makes me chuckle when people are quick to say how terrified they are of sitting on top of batteries in case of a fire, yet they're apparently fine planting themselves on top of 20 gallons of highly flammable, sloshing liquid.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Values will drop when they become readily available. Some dealers were selling Gladiators for $20k or more over MSRP at first. It obviously leveled out. FJ's aren't really a good argument as they don't make them anymore. And outside of the crazy market we are in right now Wranglers don't hold their value like they used to. I had a 2015 Sport S 2 door with hard top. Average trade in value was $26k and resale prices were around $29k. Several different dealers and and none would give over $22k trade in. Even the dealer I bought it from trading it in on another Wrangler.
Once initial constraints abate, Bronco will be another mass produced vehicle, with value similar to Wrangler. But in the short term we will witness some higher prices due to human response to scarcity.

Down the road Jeep and Ford will be duking it out with requisite sales incentives. And on the used market it's possible first year Broncos will be deemed somewhat less desirable, due to perceived issues with a first year model. For example, last year I bought a used sports car and purposely avoided the first year model, because it had some known issues I wanted to avoid.

Possibly the forum (mostly fans) and current scarcity and linkage with crazy EB prices are giving some folks unreasonable expectations of Bronco value as time goes by. Anyone know the estimated Bronco production per year once things get going? Unless Ford plans on limiting production to increase scarcity, it will end up having value of a mass produced vehicle.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
it always makes me chuckle when people are quick to say how terrified they are of sitting on top of batteries in case of a fire, yet they're apparently fine planting themselves on top of 20 gallons of highly flammable, sloshing liquid.
Pro Tip: most people aren't driven by logic...they react to headlines. And EV fires are becoming as common as shootings in Chicago. In fact, if you're driving an electric vehicle IN Chicago, I don't think you're even insurable.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Pro Tip: most people aren't driven by logic...they react to headlines. And EV fires are becoming as common as shootings in Chicago. In fact, if you're driving an electric vehicle IN Chicago, I don't think you're even insurable.
Honestly though, unless driving around certain areas of Chicago at 2am, there is negligible danger. Most every report is same thing, shooting in area X when some people were hanging out on a street corner/leaving party at 2am. What's the saying, little good happens after 2am, lol?

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
shooting in area X when some people were hanging out on a street corner/leaving party at 2am
sage advice, and I think you're prolly spot-on with specifics. So I'm kinda curious why NSA can't park a satellite over that intersection so some bad guys can go to jail

bronco2drga

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Values will drop when they become readily available. Some dealers were selling Gladiators for $20k or more over MSRP at first. It obviously leveled out. FJ's aren't really a good argument as they don't make them anymore. And outside of the crazy market we are in right now Wranglers don't hold their value like they used to. I had a 2015 Sport S 2 door with hard top. Average trade in value was $26k and resale prices were around $29k. Several different dealers and and none would give over $22k trade in. Even the dealer I bought it from trading it in on another Wrangler.

$29k on a 2015 Wrangler is still really good. I have a friend who bought a 2007 Rubicon brand new for probably $27,000 if you can get nearly half of what you paid for it after 14 years I'd say that's pretty good!

Obviously a used car is less valuable than a new car, but I think they're going to hold value quite well. Dealer trade-in doesn't matter, of course they're always going to try to make money so to me that's irrelevant.

Agree on the FJ cruiser being unique, but I also feel like this bronco is going to be in that category. If they increase the MSRP and they're still a demand, backorders, etc in a few years, I think you'd do quite well on resale value.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow, price has jumped about 4k in the last hour with less than 20 minutes to go. I figured 10k above MSRP would have closed the deal but it is still showing reserve not met. Will be interesting to see where it finally comes in at.

Edit, sticker is $57,025

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’d like to see one come across an audition site like BaT, Cars and Bids, Mecum and such. That will set the initial market price. But everyone is correct here, 10-20 over MSRP will be about right. Can’t wait to see….
Mecum auctions just sent out a notification that a new OBX will be auctioned in Orlando tomorrow. I just created a new thread on it.

Sponsored

ugafan706

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 outer banks sas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Guys im a used car dealer that has a new bronco. IM NOT SELLING IT. yep, not all car dealers are bad people. I reserved it, ordered it, and paid taxes on it like anyone else. A loaded 4 door badlands sold for 82k at manheim georgia on July 27th. About 20k over sticker. I can make a phone call right now and sell mine for that. Had a 2019 Rubicon i bought new, i just sold it, and keeping the bronco, yes i like it that much, theres more to life than money, but im telling you the market for the broncos is STRONG, stronger than what you think.

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Guys im a used car dealer that has a new bronco. IM NOT SELLING IT. yep, not all car dealers are bad people. I reserved it, ordered it, and paid taxes on it like anyone else. A loaded 4 door badlands sold for 82k at manheim georgia on July 27th. About 20k over sticker. I can make a phone call right now and sell mine for that. Had a 2019 Rubicon i bought new, i just sold it, and keeping the bronco, yes i like it that much, theres more to life than money, but im telling you the market for the broncos is STRONG, stronger than what you think.
It's true.
Ford Bronco Actual market value of the Bronco 1627675411455
Sponsored