Sponsored

Actually disconnecting the sway bar (have you done it?)

slycat67

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'86 Westy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Was curious if any of the BD or other non-auto sway bar model owners have actually gotten under there and disconnected the sway bar on a trail run? What was your experience disconnecting and reconnecting?

thx
Sponsored

ryridesmotox

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes.

You'll need a 20mm wrench and a 6mm Allen (if I remember correctly).

The wrench is for the nut and the Allen is to keep the joint from turning. You'll then need some way to secure the end link to the chassis. It's easier to get to the part that connects to the arm rather than to the bar. It is doable while you are airing down for a trail.

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
F450, Jeep XJ, Porsche 911, 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes.

You'll need a 20mm wrench and a 6mm Allen (if o remember correctly).

The wrench is for the nut and the Allen is to keep the joint from turning. You'll then need some way to secure the end link to the chassis. It's easier to get to the part that connects to the arm rather than to the bar. It is doable while you are airing down for a trail.
Any interference with the end of the sway bar and the CV axle boot? I had heard that this might be a problem. I guess it matters how the sway bar gets held up. Also, I think this might have been in reference to disconnecting only one side.

ryridesmotox

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Any interference with the end of the sway bar and the CV axle boot? I had heard that this might be a problem. I guess it matters how the sway bar gets held up. Also, I think this might have been in reference to disconnecting only one side.
I dont remember any interference when I did it the other day. Maybe I got lucky, I'll try and pop a video up in a few days. I'm going to get the QD onse Oscar on the forum is selling here... turn a 2 minute job into a 30 second job

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Eh, I just took mine off entirely. Body roll is minimal on road without it compared to what I've been driving, and there's enough benefit offroad that it'll probably just collect dust in the back with all the other swaybars I've removed over the years.
Sponsored