Sponsored

Adaptive cruise control - standalone option?

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Anyone think this is a possibility? Honestly in 2021 I expect this standard, and yet it's sounding like I'd be forced to double the base price of the bronco and get near $60k to get to the lux package (with a bunch of crap I don't want). I crawl in DC traffic more often than I'd like.
Sponsored

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
I doubt it. You can check to see if Ford offers it standalone on other vehicles to get an idea. I don’t think it is standalone on F-150 and I don’t think most manufacturers offer it stand alone.

OP
OP
pony2bronco

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I doubt it. You can check to see if Ford offers it standalone on other vehicles to get an idea. I don’t think it is standalone on F-150 and I don’t think most manufacturers offer it stand alone.
They offer it as a "Co-Pilot360 Assist Package" for $655 on the Fusion, "Safe and Smart" $1000 on the Mustang. However, I'm having trouble finding it on the SUVs

Last edited:

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well that is a positive.

Hard to believe but as recently as the 80’s you could still get individual standalone options like heavy duty radiator, alternator and battery on even something as lowly as a Cavalier. The options back then were pick what you want with few restrictions.

OP
OP
pony2bronco

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Well that is a positive.

Hard to believe but as recently as the 80’s you could still get individual standalone options like heavy duty radiator, alternator and battery on even something as lowly as a Cavalier. The options back then were pick what you want with few restrictions.
Looks like Ranger has the option too, but the wording/details are not as specific. I guess I'll find out in the next month when they release the build hopefully.

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, it is and it isn't. You can buy the Co-Pilot360 Assist Package as an add-on which gets you the adaptive cruise control. However, you already have to have the Co-Pilot 360 which is usually bundled in with a tech package.. I just did a quick Build & Price on a Ford Explorer XLT, selected the CP360-Assist and it forced me into the 202A package for a total of about 5k

NoleDawg

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like Ranger has the option too, but the wording/details are not as specific. I guess I'll find out in the next month when they release the build hopefully.
It was bundled in with a package on my 2019 Ranger XLT. I think it was maybe called “technology package.” Either way, I’m hopeful they’ll create package outside of the Lux that includes it. It is great to have on road trips.

wolfpackinva

Black Diamond
First Name
Santiago
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Focus, '08 E350, '13 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I drove a Corolla with that option. Absolutely hated it. It being included in Lux is the #1 reason I won't get the Lux package.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You are able to turn off the "adaptive" feature and just use normal cruise in the Fords

Sponsored

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I drove a Corolla with that option. Absolutely hated it. It being included in Lux is the #1 reason I won't get the Lux package.
Really? I drive one a bunch of times 4 hours each day for about a month. I absolutely loved it. The corolla sucks but that feature alone made it bearable to drive.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love adaptive cruise...it really is a game changer for trips, but is also great around town and on 2 lane roads, just set it and forget it and it maintains your following distance. I have a hard time buying a vehicle now without it....maybe the Bronco because it is being bought as a toy, but it will see long trips to the beach and mountains.

It seriously sucks that they don't offer it until you go all the way up to the top package on a 2021.

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You won't get a package because of a feature you can turn on and off? Even in your corolla "radar cruise" can be disabled.
Sponsored