Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My ACC seems to work pretty good, haven't had any issues so far. I will agree that even the shortest distance could be closer because people always seem to merge in the gap. I haven't tried the lane centering option besides one time. The steering wheel will vibrate and assist you back to the center of the lane. Overall I am glad that I opted for the LUX package with the ACC. The speed matching of the vehicle in front of you is so smooth that you will eventually look down and say I'm going that slow??
Sponsored

KnoxGnater

Badlands
First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1934 Ford Roadster Pickup, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I drove a couple hundred miles Sunday on hilly/curvy main roads and played with both. This is the first ACC system I've had, and it works well so far. Like the comments above, on a crowded highway I can see people using the gap it leaves which will activate pretty aggressive braking response, but the 2.7 recovers quickly and closes back up with traffic.

It will slow all the way down to almost stopped, then back up to your setpoint if someone is turning in front of you and you don't intervene. But once you hit the brakes, you have to hit the "resume" button to engage again.

I hate lane correction, so that's turned off. You can adjust it to alert only, which lightly vibrates the wheel if you cross lanes without the turn signal. I had an experience with a rental F-150 on snowy roads that about killed me last winter. The truck wanted to follow the slush line, not the lane markers and tried to throw us into the ditch. No thanks.

Shinoko

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hate lane correction, so that's turned off. You can adjust it to alert only, which lightly vibrates the wheel if you cross lanes without the turn signal. I had an experience with a rental F-150 on snowy roads that about killed me last winter. The truck wanted to follow the slush line, not the lane markers and tried to throw us into the ditch. No thanks.
I've been driving with ACC and lane correction for almost 5 years now on my Subaru, I had the same experience for the first time with the Bronco yesterday except on a narrow, curvy road. The Subaru system reacts a little slower and is easier to overpower, the Broncos is a bit more abrupt and doesn't detect input as well, so it won't shut off as quickly when you take over.

This is less of a lane correction issue and more of the way Ford has it implemented. I've left it on in my Outback since I got it, but will be leaving it off in the Bronco except on long stretches of straight roads, given my experience. It isn't a huge deal either way to me, I didn't buy it for the lane correction, but it is worth keeping in mind esp if you were driving with it on in the conditions I was last night.

If it was more consistent, I'd leave it on, but it was very random when it seemed to work or not work, so I'd rather leave it off esp on the curvy roads we have here. The ACC itself, though, was very consistent and worked great, which is really nice on longer road trips and was much more important to me.

OP
OP
SD_Bronco

SD_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Hetal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 4Runner (Sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks so much everyone!! For your inputs. This was very helpful.

Deleted member 3063

I've used it in my Lincoln. I especially like it in fog.
well that prompted an ah-ha moment lol. since acc is radar based it will usually cut through the fog and hit the brakes as needed.
like the acc on the wife's new Escape, it does stop and go but I definitely don't like the lane assist.

Sponsored

Deleted member 3063

the Broncos is a bit more abrupt and doesn't detect input as well, so it won't shut off as quickly when you take over.

This is less of a lane correction issue and more of the way Ford has it implemented. I've left it on in my Outback since I got it, but will be leaving it off in the Bronco except on long stretches of straight roads, given my experience. It isn't a huge deal either way to me, I didn't buy it for the lane correction, but it is worth keeping in mind esp if you were driving with it on in the conditions I was last night.
sounds like something that could be corrected by a software update if they care to.

Capt steve

Big Bend
First Name
Stephan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have used the ACC in a Lexus. Pretty neat but it gets a little spooky if the road is wet. I know that it's not a good idea to run CC in the rain but if it comes on suddenly its possible to forget it's engaged and definitely gets your attention

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been looking at installing an autopilot system, but last time I checked there were issues with Fords.

https://comma.ai/

Heath Aggen

Wildtrak
First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GMC , 2004 Jeep, 1982 Jeep, 2021 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

We have additive cruise in our subaru and I really like it. You just have to remember to use your blinker when changing lanes to keep the steering wheel from pulling and to begin the acceleration around a slower car. If you don't use your blinker it has a lag in the acceleration.

Rferrara

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tesla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i see that the bronco sport has been added to the working list. im curious if anyone has knowledge of if the will work with the full sized lux package?

Sponsored

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been looking at installing an autopilot system, but last time I checked there were issues with Fords.

https://comma.ai/
i see that the bronco sport has been added to the working list. im curious if anyone has knowledge of if the will work with the full sized lux package?
I don't believe it will work because the Bronco doesn't have lane centering and the full stop and go capabilities of the Sport. If anyone has added both via FORScan I don't think they have shared the process publicly.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't believe it will work because the Bronco doesn't have lane centering and the full stop and go capabilities of the Sport. If anyone has added both via FORScan I don't think they have shared the process publicly.
There was no support for Ford the last time I looked at open pilot.
Now there is some.

I've heard on here that the Bronco has all the sensors needed for lane centering and some attempts to enable it.
Bronco Sport has Assist+, Bronco does not.

If Bronco does have all the sensors for lane centering, maybe open pilot could add some functionality?

After living with the Bronco for almost 2 years, I could never have the comma hardware attached to the windshield. The rear view mirror already blocks much of the view, anything more would be dangerous.

https://github.com/commaai/openpilot/discussions/25600

Ford Bronco Adaptive cruise driving impressions? 1687484773690

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now there is some.

I've heard on here that the Bronco has all the sensors needed for lane centering and some attempts to enable it.

If Bronco does have all the sensors for lane centering, maybe open pilot could add some functionality?

After living with the Bronco for almost 2 years, I could never have the comma hardware attached to the windshield. The rear view mirror already blocks much of the view, anything more would be dangerous.

While it won't work with my 7MT, this is still pretty cool. However, I'm in the camp that thinks these systems should have multiple cameras and lidar. I can't imagine trusting a single camera solution.

Rferrara

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tesla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Now there is some.

Even if we could get full stop and go and not lane centering, it would be a win
Sponsored