First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does the Ford co-pilot on the Bronco have the ability to auto steer? Meaning keep the truck within the lanes relatively hands free. If so, do I need to upgrade to Adaptive Cruise control to get it?

Looking at Ford co-pilot as a system looks like it has that capability but it does not seem to say anything about that for the Bronco. The only thing it mentions with lane keeping is the alerts and coffee cup icon.

Just checking if anyone knows or can ask a rep if the see one.

Thank You
Sponsored

OrlandoBroncos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mid package has lane keep assist but that's not an auto steer.

Only the MachE and F-150 will have hands free automatic driving in 2021.

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The lane keep assist just pushes you back into your lane and you can set it to rumble the steering wheel too. If you take your hands off the wheel the dash will flash "Keep hands on wheel". If you don't it'll eject you out the roof. ?

OP
OP
TommyBronco

TommyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love to drive. But for the times I’m driving 4 hours home from all day skiing. Yeah it would be nice for the car to keep me in the lane if I wander.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The lane keep assist just pushes you back into your lane and you can set it to rumble the steering wheel too. If you take your hands off the wheel the dash will flash "Keep hands on wheel". If you don't it'll eject you out the roof. ?
I don't think it actually moves the rack, but rather does a torque vector correction by applying the brake(s) to the proper road wheel to move the car back into the center of the lane.

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mid package has lane keep assist but that's not an auto steer.

Only the MachE and F-150 will have hands free automatic driving in 2021.
Not true.
The Bronco Sport has lane centering, which is auto steer and I test drove it. It works really well.

the big Bronco doesn’t have auto steer (lane centering), it has Lane Keeping Assist which is just an alert and a slight steering push when you cross the line. It sucks and is absolutely useless.

I am super disappointed and can’t believe a Bronco sport has it but my double the price Bronco won’t. Another thing well done by Ford.
Sponsored