Sponsored

Add Brandon Ford to the list dealers not to pre order a Bronco from unless you don't mind paying $795 sticker bump aka Dealer Fee

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here is a great place to start to figure out how much you should really pay for a vehicle:

https://www.edmunds.com/car-buying/pricing-basics-for-new-car-buying.html

If he paid a $795 dealer added fee. He didn't get a great deal unless that amount was subtracted somewhere else.

He paid $795 more than he should of.

That dealer fee is a sticker bump.

Unless he bought a limited hard to get vehicle in high demand. In this case sticker bump is expected. Otherwise competition from other Ford dealers will eliminate this kind of practice.

It should be invoice (from the manufacturer + 3%) plus taxes and registration fees. The invoice should take into account the hold back profit the dealer gets plus any manufacturer rebates or incentives subtracted.

I asked this sales guy about a dealer fee. He didn't volunteer it. He didn't side step the question either which happens often. I give him credit for that. I have purchased new & used vehicles for over 30 years now and have a dealer or prep fee show up unannounced previously. I've asked for it to removed. I did the research and offered them invoice + for a fair price out the door. The best dealers are fine with that. Others are not and make extra profit on the not informed.

Any sticker bump is shady in my opinion. It's no different than the old undercoating & scotch guard added fees. Except you get nothing for these dealer fees.
What is going on? Why are you trying to "school" me? Since I didn't share the details of the deal, you are assuming. You know what that makes...
Ford Bronco Add Brandon Ford to the list dealers not to pre order a Bronco from unless you don't mind paying $795 sticker bump aka Dealer Fee IMG_0315.JPG
Sponsored

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I met with a Forum member recommended sales person today.

Very nice and upfront (Edit: After I asked about it and saw on the dealer list on another thread their dealer fee was $0) with Brandon Ford will require a $795 dealer fee with the purchase of my reserved 2021 Bronco. He also said Brandon (FL) Ford will not match other dealer offers. I specifically asked about matching Lakeland Fords offering a free nationwide powertrain warranty and 3 years of free vehicle maintenance and shook his head and said no.

I said I understand and thanks for being upfront about it. The worst thing he could do would be proceed with my order and surprise me with the fee later when I asked about it up front.

He didn't seem bothered with me shopping it around and moving my reservation elsewhere. I guess that happens when Brandon is the #1 Ford sales leader in the world. Don't mind if one sale is missed.

Good luck and be warned for those of you that have your reservation at Brandon Ford.
I hate to be the one to break the bad news, but the Bronco is basically sold out for 2021 so don't expect dealers to offer you the world when it comes discounts, price matching, etc... You're either going to pay the going rate for a new 2021 Bronco or you're not. This is basically a sellers market an the dealerships know it.

No doubt that there will be some dealers willing to make deals, but once Ford opens up the order system the those will be few and far between.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I hate to be the one to break the bad news, but the Bronco is basically sold out for 2021 so don't expect dealers to offer you the world when it comes discounts, price matching, etc... You're either going to pay the going rate for a new 2021 Bronco or you're not. This is basically a sellers market an the dealerships know it.

No doubt that there will be some dealers willing to make deals, but once Ford opens up the order system the those will be few and far between.
Good reason to lock in early with some kind of documentation.

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Kino

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 GC Trailhawk; ‘20 Honda Passport; '74 VW KG
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In the small print LOL. Ok if they said that fee was for scotch guard or undercoating, would you still pay it?

I'm not paying $800 sticker bump for any vehicle.
It's disclosed on their website. The dealer isn't lying, being misleading, being shady, etc.

This is why I did research on 30+ dealers in my own area and their Doc Fees. These fees are usually placed on the same pages. This dealership is no different. The spreadsheet on this forum is erroneous and incomplete in many places. Of course, I'm just repeating myself from my post above.

Not going to pay that type of money in any way.

Sponsored
OP
OP

cmiles97

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Harley Davidson FLSS, 17 Ford Expedition EL,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Actually it is not a "sellers" market.

I have a very early reservation with Ford.

Brandon Ford, I chose because it was the nearest. I didn't join this site until later. I wish I had because I would have been better informed.

Ford is doing something great for customers not allowing Dealers to sticker bump a high demand vehicle because a smart consumer will know they can move their reservation if not satisfied.

If they sold like the past, I'd wait for the fervor to settle down before purchasing because massive sticker bump would be the norm. In 3 years these Broncos will be everywhere. Heck I'd buy a used one for a steep discount.

I'm not sure why folks are reacting negatively to me sharing that a dealer is sticker bumping a vehicle. They will make a great profit at MSRP.

I am grateful for this forum and those that are sharing information to save people money.

I do believe in the open market and want dealers to make a profit. I can't stand sticker bump. Have never paid it and never will.

I have a reservation and right now Mullinax looks to be the leader in wanting my money. I'm willing to pay MSRP, taxes and actual title fees. Anything else NO. That is not unreasonable.

PS I get my Expedition serviced at Brandon Ford as long as they continue with competitive service prices.

Ford Bronco Add Brandon Ford to the list dealers not to pre order a Bronco from unless you don't mind paying $795 sticker bump aka Dealer Fee mulinax no dealer fee.JPG

noahr

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If this is true. I will be switching my reservation. I can use that $800 fee towards upgrading to the 2.7 V-6 Twin Turbo.

Ford Bronco Add Brandon Ford to the list dealers not to pre order a Bronco from unless you don't mind paying $795 sticker bump aka Dealer Fee mulinax no dealer fee.JPG
Indeed it is true, there are a lot of posts with our email to our reservation holders outlining as such if you have any questions let me know and I would be happy to help

Archangel

First Edition
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F350 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Very nice and upfront (Edit: After I asked about it and saw on the dealer list on another thread their dealer fee was $0) with Brandon Ford will require a $795 dealer fee with the purchase of my reserved 2021 Bronco. He also said Brandon (FL) Ford will not match other dealer offers. I specifically asked about matching Lakeland Fords offering a free nationwide powertrain warranty and 3 years of free vehicle maintenance and shook his head and said no.

I said I understand and thanks for being upfront about it. The worst thing he could do would be proceed with my order and surprise me with the fee later when I asked about it up front.

He didn't seem bothered with me shopping it around and moving my reservation elsewhere. I guess that happens when Brandon is the #1 Ford sales leader in the world. Don't mind if one sale is missed.

Good luck and be warned for those of you that have your reservation at Brandon Ford.

Update

As of 11/18/2021 Brandon Ford Dealer Fee is now listed on their website as $1295.00 plus $ 108.00 Electronic Filing Fee

Ford Bronco Add Brandon Ford to the list dealers not to pre order a Bronco from unless you don't mind paying $795 sticker bump aka Dealer Fee 1637290691522

Pkrpro19

Badlands
First Name
Jaxon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5 M Sport, Mercedes Benz E350, Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That ole gimmick warranty bs that everyone falls for, LMAO! It's complete BS, read the fine print...

Also dealers charge a dealer fee, get over it!!! You pay it no matter where you go and most dealers hide it. Be blessed he was upfront and honest about it! I see so many people bash dealers yet you have no problem paying 600% plus mark-ups on any other product you buy daily. No dealer has to negotiate the price, nowadays they wont and 99% of them that have inventory is adding thousands in market adjustments. Either you buy or the next person is just like in every other retail store. I don't see it changing anytime soon if ever, evolution of the dealership!

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Add Woodbridge Ford in Colonia NJ. I just walked away from build. They want 45k for my 31k base 2 Dr even thought it was mine. Scumbags. I found one who is doing msrp and no more.

Sponsored

BD1

Badlands
First Name
BD1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I only read this thread to see if anyone said Let’s go…..

Last edited:

Pkrpro19

Badlands
First Name
Jaxon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5 M Sport, Mercedes Benz E350, Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Actually it is not a "sellers" market.

I have a very early reservation with Ford.

Brandon Ford, I chose because it was the nearest. I didn't join this site until later. I wish I had because I would have been better informed.

Ford is doing something great for customers not allowing Dealers to sticker bump a high demand vehicle because a smart consumer will know they can move their reservation if not satisfied.

If they sold like the past, I'd wait for the fervor to settle down before purchasing because massive sticker bump would be the norm. In 3 years these Broncos will be everywhere. Heck I'd buy a used one for a steep discount.

I'm not sure why folks are reacting negatively to me sharing that a dealer is sticker bumping a vehicle. They will make a great profit at MSRP.

I am grateful for this forum and those that are sharing information to save people money.

I do believe in the open market and want dealers to make a profit. I can't stand sticker bump. Have never paid it and never will.

I have a reservation and right now Mullinax looks to be the leader in wanting my money. I'm willing to pay MSRP, taxes and actual title fees. Anything else NO. That is not unreasonable.

PS I get my Expedition serviced at Brandon Ford as long as they continue with competitive service prices.

Ford Bronco Add Brandon Ford to the list dealers not to pre order a Bronco from unless you don't mind paying $795 sticker bump aka Dealer Fee 1637290691522
The Bronco doesn't qualify for X-plan pricing, that's a fact!

Ford Bronco Add Brandon Ford to the list dealers not to pre order a Bronco from unless you don't mind paying $795 sticker bump aka Dealer Fee 1637292979382

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They aren't shady at all. They are a well known dealership. My hubby got a great deal on a truck there.
May not be shady but they are greedy. Not as bad as some but still greedy

Sideways

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus ST2
Your Bronco Model
Base
I prefer Peacock Ford in Winter Park. No ADM, no hidden fees. This is the second new car I have purchased form them and have always had great experiences.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Almost all dealers charge an administration fee.
Sponsored