Sponsored

Add Brandon Ford to the list dealers not to pre order a Bronco from unless you don't mind paying $795 sticker bump aka Dealer Fee

cmiles97

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Harley Davidson FLSS, 17 Ford Expedition EL,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I met with a Forum member recommended sales person today.

Very nice and upfront (Edit: After I asked about it and saw on the dealer list on another thread their dealer fee was $0) with Brandon Ford will require a $795 dealer fee with the purchase of my reserved 2021 Bronco. He also said Brandon (FL) Ford will not match other dealer offers. I specifically asked about matching Lakeland Fords offering a free nationwide powertrain warranty and 3 years of free vehicle maintenance and shook his head and said no.

I said I understand and thanks for being upfront about it. The worst thing he could do would be proceed with my order and surprise me with the fee later when I asked about it up front.

He didn't seem bothered with me shopping it around and moving my reservation elsewhere. I guess that happens when Brandon is the #1 Ford sales leader in the world. Don't mind if one sale is missed.

Good luck and be warned for those of you that have your reservation at Brandon Ford.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Am I missing something? There is nothing to ā€œwarnā€ people about if a dealer is upfront and good about telling you what they will charge for the bronco. It is America and they donā€™t have to honor anyoneā€™s price. Itā€™s good for them to tell you right away about the dealer fee so it doesnā€™t sound like a shady dealer. I understand that you want to go where the good price is, I do too but warning people about this dealer seems strange considering Iā€™m not hearing you say they are being slimy with their ways or anything.

OP
OP

cmiles97

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Am I missing something? There is nothing to ā€œwarnā€ people about if a dealer is upfront and good about telling you what they will charge for the bronco. It is America and they donā€™t have to honor anyoneā€™s price. Itā€™s good for them to tell you right away about the dealer fee so it doesnā€™t sound like a shady dealer. I understand that you want to go where the good price is, I do too but warning people about this dealer seems strange considering Iā€™m not hearing you say they are being slimy with their ways or anything.
The list in the another thread that shows all the dealers has $0 dealer fee for Brandon Ford. Surprise! It's $795.

I had to ask about the added dealer fee. If it were upfront it would be right there on their website, their advertising or printed on the door of the showroom.

It's an old trick used by shady dealers. I'm surprised you don't understand or have never heard of it before.

Every guide on how to purchase a car tells you not to accept it.

I was not clear about it in my warning I hope this makes up for it.

Edit: I updated as I thought I was responding in the thread listing all the Ford dealers with their fees. Brandon was listed as $0 in dealer fee.

Stuckin918

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Colorado ZR2 Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Their website discloses a $795 dealer fee and a $108 filing fee. Iā€™d trust their site over an Excel spreadsheet from a third party website. So no, still not shady.

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Y'ALL!! He didn't say they were shady, for pete's sake. :sneaky:

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You're not a Floridian. Of course you're missing something about Brandon Ford.

Ford Bronco Add Brandon Ford to the list dealers not to pre order a Bronco from unless you don't mind paying $795 sticker bump aka Dealer Fee The-Big-Lebowski-The-Dudes-Sweater
Hey now I spent almost my whole life down there lol I have bought many Fords in Florida? (None from Brandon though)

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey now I spent almost my whole life down there lol I have bought many Fords in Florida? (None from Brandon though)
Then you understand that people expect good deals from them. My husband has been telling me to call them and switch my reservation because he thinks it will be much cheaper than other dealers since he got such a great deal from them on his truck.

Kino

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 GC Trailhawk; ā€˜20 Honda Passport; '74 VW KG
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Add Brandon Ford to the list dealers not to pre order a Bronco from unless you don't mind paying $795 sticker bump aka Dealer Fee Screen Shot 2020-10-31 at 5.57.06 PM

I went through 30+ dealers to figure out these fees, from Madison to Chicago to Indy to Cincy... then a certain dealer had a great offer on this forum. Not advertising for them, but I would do research on your own before relying on this forum's spreadsheet. There are many errors/omissions on it!

Stuckin918

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Colorado ZR2 Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Y'ALL!! He didn't say they were shady, for pete's sake. :sneaky:
The list in the another thread that shows all the dealers has $0 dealer fee for Brandon Ford. Surprise! It's $795.

I had to ask about the added dealer fee. If it were upfront it would be right there on their website, their advertising or printed on the door of the showroom.

It's an old trick used by shady dealers. I'm surprised you don't understand or have never heard of it before.

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They aren't shady at all. They are a well known dealership. My hubby got a great deal on a truck there.

OP
OP

cmiles97

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
They aren't shady at all. They are a well known dealership. My hubby got a great deal on a truck there.
Here is a great place to start to figure out how much you should really pay for a vehicle:

https://www.edmunds.com/car-buying/pricing-basics-for-new-car-buying.html

If he paid a $795 dealer added fee. He didn't get a great deal unless that amount was subtracted somewhere else.

He paid $795 more than he should of.

That dealer fee is a sticker bump.

Unless he bought a limited hard to get vehicle in high demand. In this case sticker bump is expected. Otherwise competition from other Ford dealers will eliminate this kind of practice.

It should be invoice (from the manufacturer + 3%) plus taxes and registration fees. The invoice should take into account the hold back profit the dealer gets plus any manufacturer rebates or incentives subtracted.

I asked this sales guy about a dealer fee. He didn't volunteer it. He didn't side step the question either which happens often. I give him credit for that. I have purchased new & used vehicles for over 30 years now and have a dealer or prep fee show up unannounced previously. I've asked for it to removed. I did the research and offered them invoice + for a fair price out the door. The best dealers are fine with that. Others are not and make extra profit on the not informed.

Any sticker bump is shady in my opinion. It's no different than the old undercoating & scotch guard added fees. Except you get nothing for these dealer fees.

Last edited:

Kino

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 GC Trailhawk; ā€˜20 Honda Passport; '74 VW KG
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Add Brandon Ford to the list dealers not to pre order a Bronco from unless you don't mind paying $795 sticker bump aka Dealer Fee Screen Shot 2020-11-01 at 1.30.04 PM

Right from their website. It's already disclosed.

OP
OP

cmiles97

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford Bronco Add Brandon Ford to the list dealers not to pre order a Bronco from unless you don't mind paying $795 sticker bump aka Dealer Fee Screen Shot 2020-11-01 at 1.30.04 PM

Right from their website. It's already disclosed.
In the small print LOL. Ok if they said that fee was for scotch guard or undercoating, would you still pay it?

I'm not paying $800 sticker bump for any vehicle.

OP
OP

cmiles97

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If this is true. I will be switching my reservation. I can use that $800 fee towards upgrading to the 2.7 V-6 Twin Turbo.

Ford Bronco Add Brandon Ford to the list dealers not to pre order a Bronco from unless you don't mind paying $795 sticker bump aka Dealer Fee mulinax no dealer fee.JPG
Sponsored