Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really like the functionality of puddle lights. However, this is locked behind the high package which was not available on my black diamond.

I started off with the lights. For these I went with Baja Designs Rock Lights. Right amount of light, right profile. I grabbed mine from Brad at TotalZParts.com
https://www.totalzparts.com/product/baja-designs-universal-white-clear-led-rock-light-398050/

I mounted the lights to the back shell/cap of the mirror. This required 3 small holes to be drilled, two for the lights bolts, one for the wire. I don't mind the wart look, others might. The only flush option would be high package mirrors at 10x the price.
Ford Bronco Added Puddle Lights to my Mid Package BD side mirrors! (Video added) PXL_20220515_204704168

I tapped into an existing groudd wire in the mirror, and ran the power feed through the mirror into the engine bay.

Up next was to check out the wiring. While the wires for puddle lights were present at the C1401/C1400 connectors in the engine bay, they were missing at C258B/C259B which is what plugs into the door module itself under the dash.

I was able to find the proper female pin insert for the connector at mouser electronics, part#571-2035334-1. I also learned the connector is pretty tight so you need 20 or 22 ga wire. 18ga will not fit. The pin on both driver and passenger door modules is 258B/259B Pin#12 (top right corner pin as shown). The "B" connector is the one on the right without the 4 large 12ga wires and is gray in color.

Ford Bronco Added Puddle Lights to my Mid Package BD side mirrors! (Video added) PXL_20220515_193434526

The driver side was easier to access than the passenger side. Once the pins were inserted into the connector at the module I ran the wires into the engine bay and soldered them to my wires coming out of the mirror. The driver side has a nice easy firewall grommet for use. On the passenger side i ran up next to the glovebox and through the door jam by the hood hinge.

Lastly, I had to make the needed forscan modifications so it all worked seamlessly. Here were the modifications I made:

ModuleAddressValueNote
DDM740-04-0703xx-xxxx-xxyyEnable Puddle Lamp Driver Side
PDM741-04-0703xx-xxxx-xxyyEnable Puddle Lamp Passenger Side
DDM740-06-01xxxx-05xx-xxyySwitch pack power control #5
PDM741-06-01xxxx-05xx-xxyySwitch pack power control #5

I am not sure if the last two value changes are needed. I just noticed that high packages have this value field set to 05 so I did the same. "xx" are existing values not to change. "yy" is the field checksum that you don't need to care about as forscan will recalculate this for you.

That's it. Now anytime I unlock or open my doors these LEDs ramp up to a perfect brightness, then do a slow ramp down after locking or closing the door after a period of time.

Ford Bronco Added Puddle Lights to my Mid Package BD side mirrors! (Video added) PXL_20220515_204708600

The video shows some judder on ramp down, that's just the camera. It looks smooth in person.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I really like the functionality of puddle lights. However, this is locked behind the high package which was not available on my black diamond.

I started off with the lights. For these I went with Baja Designs Rock Lights. Right amount of light, right profile. I grabbed mine from Brad at TotalZParts.com
https://www.totalzparts.com/product/baja-designs-universal-white-clear-led-rock-light-398050/

I mounted the lights to the back shell/cap of the mirror. This required 3 small holes to be drilled, two for the lights bolts, one for the wire. I don't mind the wart look, others might. The only flush option would be high package mirrors at 10x the price.
Ford Bronco Added Puddle Lights to my Mid Package BD side mirrors! (Video added) PXL_20220515_204708600

I tapped into an existing groudd wire in the mirror, and ran the power feed through the mirror into the engine bay.

Up next was to check out the wiring. While the wires for puddle lights were present at the C1401/C1400 connectors in the engine bay, they were missing at C258B/C259B which is what plugs into the door module itself under the dash.

I was able to find the proper female pin insert for the connector at mouser electronics, part#571-2035334-1. I also learned the connector is pretty tight so you need 20 or 22 ga wire. 18ga will not fit. The pin on both driver and passenger door modules is 258B/259B Pin#12 (top right corner pin as shown). The "B" connector is the one on the right without the 4 large 12ga wires and is gray in color.

The driver side was easier to access than the passenger side. Once the pins were inserted into the connector at the module I ran the wires into the engine bay and soldered them to my wires coming out of the mirror. The driver side has a nice easy firewall grommet for use. On the passenger side i ran up next to the glovebox and through the door jam by the hood hinge.

Lastly, I had to make the needed forscan modifications so it all worked seamlessly. Here were the modifications I made:

ModuleAddressValueNote
DDM740-04-0703xx-xxxx-xxyyEnable Puddle Lamp Driver Side
PDM741-04-0703xx-xxxx-xxyyEnable Puddle Lamp Passenger Side
DDM740-06-01xxxx-05xx-xxyySwitch pack power control #5
PDM741-06-01xxxx-05xx-xxyySwitch pack power control #5

I am not sure if the last two value changes are needed. I just noticed that high packages have this value field set to 05 so I did the same. "xx" are existing values not to change. "yy" is the field checksum that you don't need to care about as forscan will recalculate this for you.

That's it. Now anytime I unlock or open my doors these LEDs ramp up to a perfect brightness, then do a slow ramp down after locking or closing the door after a period of time.

Nice install they really look good great job

OP
OP
Bigmoose

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Added a short video now that it's dark out

Sponsored

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Fantastic write up.

Aztec1382

Base
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Base
Very cool

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow, this is incredible work and a great write up. Great post!

Snappy22

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Pilot, 2022 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Adding this to my homework as soon as I dive into forscan! Thanks !

Sponsored

USAGUY

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

. Well done. Looks like better lighting then my badlands high package. Nice.

Free Pizza

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hide your women. This guy is so playboy.
Can't wait for what else you come up with.

atimberwolf

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You did a great job on these.

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

BRAVO, SIR! BRAVO!!!!

Stitchxp626

Black Diamond
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester 2006
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That'll do. (aka Super job) when I actually get mine , I'll follow your lead.
Sponsored