Sponsored

Adding a hardtop after getting soft top at delivery…

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm going soft top and if a white hardtop comes up maybe I'll add it at a later date. Honestly rarely used the rear wiper on my two JKUs. If you need to, stop at a gas station and use their squeegee.
Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
On paper, I would say don’t lose the wiper and washer functionality. Of course, in the real world, we are talking about this. 😂

Ford Bronco Adding a hardtop after getting soft top at delivery… 1620520921413

NoDoorsNoProblem

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC Canyon SLT Mini-Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On paper, I would say don’t lose the wiper and washer functionality. Of course, in the real world, we are talking about this. 😂

Ford Bronco Adding a hardtop after getting soft top at delivery… 1620520921413
That picture right there is enough for me to totally rethink if I need/want a hard top. The climate I’m in I probably can get away without it, and it doesn’t look like the washer/wiper do much. If I have to get out to clean it off anyway, maybe I should just go for the convenience of the true convertible top.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1620520921413.png
This is still more usable coverage than what is provided with the Jeep.

I’ve honestly lost count on how many of these exact threads I’ve posted in, but it’s going to be different value judgments for different people.

I use the rear wiper and defroster on my Jeep all the time in the winter and slush months… but if someone doesn’t see the benefit, Im not going to sway them to the usefulness.

(i will say that no one should kid themselves that they are going to ever add the rear wiper/defroster/washer hookup and turn stalk controls to a Bronco that didn’t come with it from the factory.)

Here’s my Jeep in the winter before and after a :

Ford Bronco Adding a hardtop after getting soft top at delivery… 36BB3B84-FA3F-4F55-9C84-6B7D01259B74
Ford Bronco Adding a hardtop after getting soft top at delivery… C7423BDF-F9D8-4C31-83F5-F05F55F811EC

Not much, but makes a difference in what I can see behind me through my rear window.

The Bronco, with the wiper mounted to the bottom of the window provides a more symmetrical and wider view than the jeep‘s lopsided one.

papsblue

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No way I would want to go soft top only here in CO.

I almost ordered a soft top for the convenience because I live in an apartment and don't have a personal garage but noticed every Wrangler I saw had a hard top and talked to a few people in this area. Sold me on the hard top for CO immediately.
Sponsored