Reaction score
Website
www.evergreenclothier.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 Tiguan S w/4motion | '14 Fiesta SE Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's been a while since I've posted here and I'm sorry for that. After I got my 21 BaseSquatch 2 Door I spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to be a dad, started a company, put a lot of sweat equity into my house, start consulting as a second job, and made another baby.

Anyways...I'm slowly working my way to contributing to the forum.

It's been about one month since we brought home my wife's 2023 Big Bend and we're loving it. It's Squatchless and the difference in road noise is remarkable. I'd gotten so use to my 35s and the wind noise from the roof rack, I didn't know how to appreciate this level of quiet.

Below is a short list of mods that we've done and plan to do and I'll continue to update this with pictures for those that want to watch or have questions. As always, please reach out if you have specific questions or want to connect 1-v-1! šŸ¤ 

Mods complete:
  • OEM Rock Sliders installed
  • Havoc Spare Tire Carrier Delete
  • IAG Offroad Gloss Black (Wildtrack Style) Grille
Mods upcoming:
  • Katskinz Leather Interior
  • Upgrade Base sound system and re-add amp and sub
  • Front window tint to match rear

Havoc Offroad Tire Carrier Delete:

Man this was a serious job! It took me two days but that's because my assistant was potty training, always wanted snacks, and had to take naps in the middle of the work day.

@HavocOffroad the fit and finish on this kit is excellent. Two suggestions that you may already be working on 1) improving the wiring instructions for retaining OEM harnesses would be very helpful, especially for those that are beginners at doing something like this. 2) I got this all the way installed without my plate on, realizing that you need to mount the plate before you secure the lights. Perhaps future versions of this will have light and plate mounting holes separate?
Ford Bronco Adding a Second Bronco - 2023 Big Bend 4 Door Build IMG_8746

The fitment on this and the tight the body look are really great and you'll see why we needed to install this in the next photo. We also liked this kit because it was the most affordable that included a plug where the OEM grommet used to be. Other manufacturers leave the grommet in place which may make install a little bit easier but I didn't want that wire dangling out there in the breeze.

Does anyone know about those bump stops at the bottom of the tailgate there? I would love to take them off but I cannot see how they're secured on the backside. I'm worried a nut is going to drop down and then eternally rattled lol! I'd love to figure out a way to delete those to just the screw head at the bottom for a more flush look. I can live with it for now.
Ford Bronco Adding a Second Bronco - 2023 Big Bend 4 Door Build IMG_8750

As you can see my old 1930 garage is not the longest haha! There is about 200 inches wall to inside of the door and this thing just BARELY fit with the spare tire on the back. There was about 4" of space between the tire and the inside of the door. This didn't leave me enough room to pass between through with the door closed. This definitely makes parking much easier since air tight precision is no longer a requirement.
Ford Bronco Adding a Second Bronco - 2023 Big Bend 4 Door Build IMG_8751

Thanks for checking this out and I'll continue to add to this as we go!
Sponsored

BeerRunner

Badlands
First Name
LUKE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone know about those bump stops at the bottom of the tailgate there? I would love to take them off but I cannot see how they're secured on the backside. I'm worried a nut is going to drop down and then eternally rattled lol! I'd love to figure out a way to delete those to just the screw head at the bottom for a more flush look. I can live with it for now.
IMG_8750.jpeg

howā€™s your plate lights holding up? Iā€™m not even done with my install and one has broke. Seriously have to wonder who engineered this design? Also the rubber tire bumpers on the bottom, did you ever remove? Thanks. - see below link on my frustrations

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...avoc-offroad-now-available.74365/post-2095196[/QUOTE]

OP
OP
BronchoPeat

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.evergreenclothier.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 Tiguan S w/4motion | '14 Fiesta SE Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

IMG_8750.jpeg

howā€™s your plate lights holding up? Iā€™m not even done with my install and one has broke. Seriously have to wonder who engineered this design? Also the rubber tire bumpers on the bottom, did you ever remove? Thanks. - see below link on my frustrations

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...avoc-offroad-now-available.74365/post-2095196
[/QUOTE]

My plate lights are holding up just fine but the hardware that holds the covers on the brake lights are already corroding. Thatā€™s pretty annoying.

I did take the bump stops off and it looks much, much cleaner.

On your frustrations, itā€™s totally valid and now I understand why this kit is cheaper than the other ones on the market. Itā€™s not user friendly to install and I donā€™t like the opening on the sides that leaves the wiring exposed. I may get rid of this unit and upgrade to a different brand.

Although I was able to hide the harnesses inside the vent cover within the tailgate, it took way too much time.
Sponsored