Sponsored

Adding/changing Items a la carte AFTER PURCHASE & drain plug differences?

RedHotLava

Badlands
First Name
Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey All,

Will it be possible to add or swap items easily that aren't part of an original lower package, such as swapping in the new Signature LED lights later, or swapping to upgrade a Grill, front driving lights, etc?

Also, can someone explain the difference between the active drain plugs vs the passive drain plugs, what does that mean exactly? Is there just a purchase that needs to be made later to make them "active"? or will it require drilling premade circles, in the floor, etc?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Blackandbluebronco

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey All,

Will it be possible to add or swap items easily that aren't part of an original lower package, such as swapping in the new Signature LED lights later, or swapping to upgrade a Grill, front driving lights, etc?

Also, can someone explain the difference between the active drain plugs vs the passive drain plugs, what does that mean exactly? Is there just a purchase that needs to be made later to make them "active"? or will it require drilling premade circles, in the floor, etc?

Thanks!
highly Doubt there would be an option to swap but I’m sure different grills and such will be included in their accessories catalog they’ve been touting.

as far as active vs passive drain holes. the active are going to just be a plug you pull out of the floor that goes straight to the outside. I’m just guessing, but when they say passive, I think that there is a spot in the floorboards where the higher trim hole would be standard would just be a knock out spot where the hole would be, just not through and through. Meaning you could knockout the holes yourself but not have all the rubber and areas that channel the water in the rubberized trims.

OP
OP
RedHotLava

RedHotLava

Badlands
First Name
Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

highly Doubt there would be an option to swap but I’m sure different grills and such will be included in their accessories catalog they’ve been touting.
Thanks dude, to be more clear with my question, what I meant was, will it be easy to buy and swap afterwards, i.e. same screw mounts and just buy and swap the Base lights and get the Signature lights, differ color or upgraded grill and lights. I''m assuming yes, but I know sometimes if you have a lower model, say they won't have the extra electrical wiring ran, etc for certain items like a tow package if you didn't buy it.

Blackandbluebronco

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks dude, to be more clear with my question, what I meant was, will it be easy to buy and swap afterwards, i.e. same screw mounts and just buy and swap the Base lights and get the Signature lights, differ color or upgraded grill and lights. I''m assuming yes, but I know sometimes if you have a lower model, say they won't have the extra electrical wiring ran, etc for certain items like a tow package if you didn't buy it.
Oh, for sure they usually share all the same attachment points that the headlights on the base would use as they do on the badlands. I had a Toyota 4Runner that came with the crappy halogen. Wrecked the front and when the fixed it at the body shot I asked if they could order the newer led ones from Toyota and they said it was no problem and that they all use the same attachment points. ive Ordered replacement parts from ford for my expedition like headlights and tail lights and they have fit With no problems. I’m thinking that this is going to just be like legos for adults.

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

most parts will have aftermarket parts that will bolt right in. i'm sure there are going to be plenty of aftermarket styles for the grill. i was thinking of swapping the headlights as well. can't say for sure but it could require some programming or maybe a different connectors that aren't a part of the base headlight package. but i'm ready to do a lot of upgrades and go OEM+ styling on it. (for those who aren't familiar, OEM+ is basically upgrades from ford and other aftermarket companies that keep the truck looking fairly stock but give it a clean look.).

Sponsored
OP
OP
RedHotLava

RedHotLava

Badlands
First Name
Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Roger that, thanks guys.

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

with a lot of the upgrades they can be enabled in there respective control modules by us dealers using fdrs or Forscan,they try to keep the parts fairly standard across a line.only exception I've seen is audio system upgrades that will need extra modules and harnesses.

OP
OP
RedHotLava

RedHotLava

Badlands
First Name
Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

with a lot of the upgrades they can be enabled in there respective control modules by us dealers using fdrs or Forscan,they try to keep the parts fairly standard across a line.only exception I've seen is audio system upgrades that will need extra modules and harnesses.
For sure, how easily do you think it would be to upgrade the 8 inch screen to the 12 inch later? Do you think that part is modular itself or do you think it'd have to be a full dash swap?

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Cant say for sure until we get some more info in manuals at work,but most vehicles used a different trim panel that may include other modules to change(like the trim on my Fusion would include the heater control module also)

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

For sure, how easily do you think it would be to upgrade the 8 inch screen to the 12 inch later? Do you think that part is modular itself or do you think it'd have to be a full dash swap?
Dash wise, it looks like there's just an insert to that fills in the space left when you get the 8" screen vs. the 12". However, it's hard to say what mounting clips are behind there, or more importantly, whether it has the computing power to handle the larger screen.

Sponsored

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

as far as active vs passive drain holes. the active are going to just be a plug you pull out of the floor that goes straight to the outside. I’m just guessing, but when they say passive, I think that there is a spot in the floorboards where the higher trim hole would be standard would just be a knock out spot where the hole would be, just not through and through. Meaning you could knockout the holes yourself but not have all the rubber and areas that channel the water in the rubberized trims.
Pretty sure it’s been confirmed all trims get the passive drains.
Edit: From the Q&A

Q: Are the cabin drain plugs in all trims or just the “rubberized flooring/washout interior” and are the in both front/rear rows?
A: Active drain plugs are only available with the rubberized flooring. There are passive drain plugs in all 2- and 4-door Broncos.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 S550 / 94 Cobra SVT #13
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
In today’s Ford lingo usually “active” means the part is electronically automated via a switch... Are we sure that a Bronco’s “active” floor pan drains are not possibly going to be “activated” via a dash switch? :unsure:

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, you’re right. Humans are smart but people are crazy and stupid.
I took it to mean complicated as in turning into something that’d fail, not as in people couldn’t figure it out. ??‍♂
Sponsored