First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Expedition Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone added the engine block heater after taking delivery? I was interested in adding it but wasn’t sure how difficult it would be! Does anyone know the part number(s) needed to add this?
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Doesn’t look very difficult. It just goes between the a/c compressor and the LH turbocharger. Drain the coolant, remove the left fender liner, then just disconnect the steering shaft and move that aside for access. Remove the plug in the block, install the block heater and then route the cord.

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone done this yet? If so part numbers and feedback on the install.

Or does anyone even have this option? It would be great to hear some feedback if you have it. How long do you leave it plugged in, etc.

Gassyjack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered mine with the bronco. I’ve got the manual transmission so remote start was a no go.
I used it several times last winter when it sat outside due to “projects” taking up garage space and temps were zero or below.
When it was extremely cold I plugged it in when I got home and left it plugged in all night. This year I have yet to pick up a timer, 3 hours before drive time will be enough.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have the parts. Never got around to it last year. I’m also installing for the same reasons…MT, no remote start and short commute.

$300 in parts. $100 installed from factory.

I’ll dig up the numbers. Hang tight.

Edit:
GJ7Z-6A051-B - heater
MB3Z-6B018-C - wire

Last edited:

Sponsored

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the parts. Never got around to it last year. I’m also installing for the same reasons…MT, no remote start and short commute.

$300 in parts. $100 installed from factory.

I’ll dig up the numbers. Hang tight.

Edit:
GJ7Z-6A051-B - heater
MB3Z-6B018-C - wire
Thanks for the info!

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I ordered mine with the bronco. I’ve got the manual transmission so remote start was a no go.
I used it several times last winter when it sat outside due to “projects” taking up garage space and temps were zero or below.
When it was extremely cold I plugged it in when I got home and left it plugged in all night. This year I have yet to pick up a timer, 3 hours before drive time will be enough.
Ditto here. So glad I got it. I plug it in even in the garage (MN, detached, unheated). Timer will be here any day. Heats up so much faster, it's an awesome thing to have in these frigid MN winters. Can't believe I didn't have it on any of my previous cars.

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got it on mine, for $100 I think its a no brainer and I'll never order another vehicle without it again. If you never use it, so what, but if you do need it, you have it.

However, I read that it consumes .4 to 1 kw, although after I took delivery. And there is no thermostat. I was thinking it would be something that I plugged in every night, just in case I needed to run out in the middle of the night, but 10 kwhs a day would put a hurtin on my electric bill.

Even if I still lived in FL, I would never order another vehicle without it because its so cheap to ad to the build but such a pain to add after the fact and you never know where life will take you ;)

timpyosito

Black Diamond
First Name
Tim Breidenbach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4 Door Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ditto here. So glad I got it. I plug it in even in the garage (MN, detached, unheated). Timer will be here any day. Heats up so much faster, it's an awesome thing to have in these frigid MN winters. Can't believe I didn't have it on any of my previous cars.
LOL, when I read the title of this thread it reminded me of when I lived in MN for two years. Coldest place I ever lived. Way colder than Massachusetts where I lived most of my life. I never installed an engine block heater until I lived in MN. Any vehicle that is outside in the winter needs one as it can get to 40 below zero or colder. (Temperature, not wind chill) I had a little Honda Civic when I lived there and installed an engine block heater, plugged it in on the cold nights. Engine started right away and I had instant heat too- was so great. I even had to insulate my 3 car garage and installed a gas heater to keep it at like 45 degrees. Even then when it was 25 below the door would develop heavy ice on the inside of the door. I live in FL now. We need engine block coolers here, LOL.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

LOL, when I read the title of this thread it reminded me of when I lived in MN for two years. Coldest place I ever lived. Way colder than Massachusetts where I lived most of my life. I never installed an engine block heater until I lived in MN. Any vehicle that is outside in the winter needs one as it can get to 40 below zero or colder. (Temperature, not wind chill) I had a little Honda Civic when I lived there and installed an engine block heater, plugged it in on the cold nights. Engine started right away and I had instant heat too- was so great. I even had to insulate my 3 car garage and installed a gas heater to keep it at like 45 degrees. Even then when it was 25 below the door would develop heavy ice on the inside of the door. I live in FL now. We need engine block coolers here, LOL.
I'm getting too old for this freezing cold, and the wind makes it much worse. Just got a few inches of the wet stuff overnight. I'm not cut out for pushing a snowblower much less a shovel anymore. Last kid gets through college in 3 or so years then I'm gonna look at heading south!

The only plus is I get to drive my Bronco in 4wd through the stuff.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm getting too old for this freezing cold, and the wind makes it much worse. Just got a few inches of the wet stuff overnight. I'm not cut out for pushing a snowblower much less a shovel anymore. Last kid gets through college in 3 or so years then I'm gonna look at heading south!

The only plus is I get to drive my Bronco in 4wd through the stuff.
LOL we think the grass is greener on the other side of the fence.......well where I live housing is stupid expensive, there are association fees unless you can spend 1 million plus and live in the country. And it's hot and humid. The sun is so strong it burns you fast and it fades and burns vehicle paint fast. Well, it's better than the brutal salt they use up north......I think. Maybe not so far south is the compromise. :)
Sponsored