2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Look at what the TFL guys did on their 4dr FE. Video can be found on YouTube of them towing the Ike Gauntlet with the Bronco -
Sponsored

OP
OP
Quick

Quick

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Took a screen grab - looks like just the 4-way accessory part.

0707765B-DDCC-401F-B446-EBEEE9BC1247.jpeg

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I literally just been a couple hours researching this, trying to read all the different threads. The closest I found was a thread about Curt releasing a plug and play 4 pin.

In that thread, At least one person successfully wired up a 7 pin harness. They piggyback off the 4 pin harness And that is why you can't ignore all the 4 pin talk.

He Even when as far as finding where the blue wire stops under the hood, and he got the missing connector to fit in the factory plug to continue the blue wire on.

OP
OP
Quick

Quick

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I completed a significant amount of research last night myself. I've just about resigned myself to the fact that if I have to tow anything with a 7-pin or significance, I will end up with another car. Sigh.

RubyRuin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've done a lot of research on this myself as well, and the only way you're getting that 'factory integration' of the 4/7 pin harness is to get that towing package from the factory.

I ended up dropping the towing package altogether from my order to get it scheduled sooner than later; I'll add the towing package after delivery that just comes with the 4 pin. I don't have any interest in towing anything that would require a 7 pin with a short wheelbase vehicle like a 2 door Bronco/Wrangler.

Sponsored

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I literally just been a couple hours researching this, trying to read all the different threads. The closest I found was a thread about Curt releasing a plug and play 4 pin.

In that thread, At least one person successfully wired up a 7 pin harness. They piggyback off the 4 pin harness And that is why you can't ignore all the 4 pin talk.

He Even when as far as finding where the blue wire stops under the hood, and he got the missing connector to fit in the factory plug to continue the blue wire on.
I'm losing track of all the towing threads... did he get it working with an aftermarket TBC? I ask because I tested my old Prodigy P2 last night and it didn't seem like the TBC connector (C2608) under the dash was sending 12V on the red wire when I pressed the brake. It looks like that connector gets its signal from an output on the BCM rather than directly from the brake switch so I'm wondering if there's a bit that needs to be set using Forscan. Worst case, it could be jumpered directly from the brake switch to the TBC connector.

Either way, adding 7-pin shouldn't be too hard. I'm going to try it this way:
https://www.amazon.com/57672-4-Way-Dual-Output-Electrical-Adapter/dp/B001EP0HPI/

(C105 and C201 are above the front left tire fender skirt)
At C105, crimp a pin to connect to the GY-BN wire at pin 40 to grab the OEM tow reverse signal.
At C201, crimp a pin to connect to the BLUE wire at pin 16 to grab the brake signal coming from my Prodigy TBC under the dash.
At C201, crimp a pin to connect to the BROWN wire at pin 15 to grab the OEM tow running lights signal.
Run these 3 wires along the harness on the left frame rail back to the rear bumper area.

For the 12V trailer power pin, crimp a big connector and tie into the unused 40A BLU-RED power connector behind the left cargo trim panel next to the other unused BLU-RED connector that I used to power the Curt trailer light module.

This is the most OEM-like way I can think of to get a fully functioning 7-pin connector, short of acquiring and then figuring out how to make the OEM tow module work.

F1rstEdition

First Edition
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Overland Sequoia - 21 FE Bronco - 13 200 Series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm losing track of all the towing threads... did he get it working with an aftermarket TBC? I ask because I tested my old Prodigy P2 last night and it didn't seem like the TBC connector (C2608) under the dash was sending 12V on the red wire when I pressed the brake. It looks like that connector gets its signal from an output on the BCM rather than directly from the brake switch so I'm wondering if there's a bit that needs to be set using Forscan. Worst case, it could be jumpered directly from the brake switch to the TBC connector.

Either way, adding 7-pin shouldn't be too hard. I'm going to try it this way:
https://www.amazon.com/57672-4-Way-Dual-Output-Electrical-Adapter/dp/B001EP0HPI/

(C105 and C201 are above the front left tire fender skirt)
At C105, crimp a pin to connect to the GY-BN wire at pin 40 to grab the OEM tow reverse signal.
At C201, crimp a pin to connect to the BLUE wire at pin 16 to grab the brake signal coming from my Prodigy TBC under the dash.
At C201, crimp a pin to connect to the BROWN wire at pin 15 to grab the OEM tow running lights signal.
Run these 3 wires along the harness on the left frame rail back to the rear bumper area.

For the 12V trailer power pin, crimp a big connector and tie into the unused 40A BLU-RED power connector behind the left cargo trim panel next to the other unused BLU-RED connector that I used to power the Curt trailer light module.

This is the most OEM-like way I can think of to get a fully functioning 7-pin connector, short of acquiring and then figuring out how to make the OEM tow module work.

Keep us posted!

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The forum’s search is junk. Use google. Start with bronco6g followed by your search

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This isn't really the type of vehicle to pull something that needs a 7pin. Need to get a truck!

I got the factory hitch setup with the 4pin added to pull a small atv trailer or have one more place to tie into if needed pulled out of a situation to my FE. Can now put a recovery hitch shackle on it when needed. These were not intended to be major towers. Just occasional light trailer towers.

I have a ranger tremor that can tow 7500 lbs when I need to pull a more significant trailer.

Last edited:

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This isn't really the type of vehicle to pull something that needs a 7pin. Need to get a truck!

I got added the factory hitch setup with the 4pin to pull a small atv trailer or have one more place to tue into if needed pulled out of a situation to my FE. Can now put a recovery hitch shackle on it when needed. These were not intended to be major towers. Just occasional light trailer towers.

I have a ranger tremor that can tow 7500 lbs when I need to pull a more significant trailer.
Some states require brakes even on trailers of 1500 pounds gross. My 2-door sasquatch is kind of "interesting" in a panic stop without a trailer so I think I'll appreciate the brakes and also the reverse lights when pulling my 16 ft. utility trailer.

Sponsored

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Some states require brakes even on trailers of 1500 pounds gross. My 2-door sasquatch is kind of "interesting" in a panic stop without a trailer so I think I'll appreciate the brakes and also the reverse lights when pulling my 16 ft. utility trailer.
Oh wow. Was not aware. I'd have to use my truck then.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I got added the factory hitch setup with the 4pin to pull a small atv trailer or have one more place to tue into if needed pulled out of a situation to my FE. Can now put a recovery hitch shackle on it when needed. These were not intended to be major towers. Just occasional light trailer towers.

Horseshit! So you’re telling me that I should always tow my offroad camper with my fullsize truck? Having electric brakes when towing through the rockies and on steep rocky trails on a mountain shelf comes in very handy. The trailer is just as capable as the damn Bronco is. Pic is behind the wife’s GC trailhawk that she sold for the 4dr BL.

Ford Bronco Adding Factory 7-way to First Edition 171C8E98-C9FD-44E4-95D6-462BDC876D3D

OP
OP
Quick

Quick

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Horseshit! So you’re telling me that I should always tow my offroad camper with my fullsize truck? Having electric brakes when towing through the rockies and on steep rocky trails on a mountain shelf comes in very handy. The trailer is just as capable as the damn Bronco is. Pic is behind the wife’s GC trailhawk that she sold for the 4dr BL.

Ford Bronco Adding Factory 7-way to First Edition 171C8E98-C9FD-44E4-95D6-462BDC876D3D
Love that trailer! That's exactly what I've been looking at.

F1rstEdition

First Edition
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Overland Sequoia - 21 FE Bronco - 13 200 Series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

I'm pulling something similar!

C03A7960.jpg

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Ford Bronco Adding Factory 7-way to First Edition C03A7960
THIS. People keep saying the Bronco isn't the type of vehicle to need a 7 pin and they are all flat out WRONG. 7 pin isn't about how big your trailer is, it's about functionality. The Bronco is EXACTLY the type of vehicle to be towing a trailer with brakes, reverse lights, and accessory power.

The FE has two major flaws - No rubber floors, and no 7 pin. Even if they couldn't include the receiver from the factory, Ford should have done us all a favor and gave us the wiring and electronics....
Sponsored