Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just had to go out and check out the lights on mine, plenty bright enough for anything I'd ever do at night, like look for something that fell down or luggage stuffed here or there. More light than my Taco ever had for sure. But I'm also not trying to read a book in there, not sure what brighter light would be good for?
My Badsquatch came with more in and out lights than I ever had on a vehicle, and - total scifi - I can turn them on from my phone, LOL.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Theherofails

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just had to go out and check out the lights on mine, plenty bright enough for anything I'd ever do at night, like look for something that fell down or luggage stuffed here or there. More light than my Taco ever had for sure. But I'm also not trying to read a book in there, not sure what brighter light would be good for?
My Badsquatch came with more in and out lights than I ever had on a vehicle, and - total scifi - I can turn them on from my phone, LOL.
I LOVE zone lighting. Want even more lights tied into it!

69BroncoX302

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 U15, 2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I LOVE zone lighting. Want even more lights tied into it!
haha I was playing with zone lighting the other night, and with my phone. It was awesome!

Jansenet

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Badlands w SAS / Lux Packages; 2008 Ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, I too was not a fan of how dark it was when I got my Bronco a week and a half ago - it was the first thing I noticed having had my first drive in it at night, so after I installed the pile of parts that was awaiting it's arrival, I further modified my cargo box and added some LEDs to it to light things up a bit in the cargo area. I then decided to add a mini work light that I could use for either cooking on the tailgate table (still waiting for that) or that the rear passengers could use for a 'map light'. Here's a few pics:

Ford Bronco Adding interior LED ambient lighting (now with working photos!) 1636169703594

These come on when the rear door opens and had a 55 second 'off delay', or via an RF controlled relay. They appear to be blue, but the lights are white.

Ford Bronco Adding interior LED ambient lighting (now with working photos!) 1636168938460

The work light only comes on via the RF controlled (keychain remote) relay, and since it's on a double ball mount it's pretty flexible as to where it can be aimed.

Ford Bronco Adding interior LED ambient lighting (now with working photos!) 1636168984987

Ford Bronco Adding interior LED ambient lighting (now with working photos!) 1636169011191

I ended up running an 8 AWG cable from the battery to a separate fuse box that's hidden inside of the cargo box to power this and future items:

Ford Bronco Adding interior LED ambient lighting (now with working photos!) 1636169094607

But then I felt that the front needed better map lights, so I added a couple of these (I'm a fan of ThruNite flashlights) to the front that charge with USB-C as needed:

Ford Bronco Adding interior LED ambient lighting (now with working photos!) 1636169457658

It can fold up / out of the way when not in use:

Ford Bronco Adding interior LED ambient lighting (now with working photos!) 1636169535632

Those are just some weapons lights mounted to a mini picatinny rail that's on a double ball mount used for cameras. Works pretty well and easy to remove for securing.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You think one could replace it with a different color LED?
Beyond my skill set. There is a plug 6 inches away and three leads. More going on with these little lights than the hot and ground in my ‘75s courtesy lights.

Ford Bronco Adding interior LED ambient lighting (now with working photos!) A49B3E33-CD6D-4DCA-9F6D-37B23E55DFB2

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Theherofails

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, I too was not a fan of how dark it was when I got my Bronco a week and a half ago - it was the first thing I noticed having had my first drive in it at night, so after I installed the pile of parts that was awaiting it's arrival, I further modified my cargo box and added some LEDs to it to light things up a bit in the cargo area. I then decided to add a mini work light that I could use for either cooking on the tailgate table (still waiting for that) or that the rear passengers could use for a 'map light'. Here's a few pics:

Ford Bronco Adding interior LED ambient lighting (now with working photos!) A49B3E33-CD6D-4DCA-9F6D-37B23E55DFB2

These come on when the rear door opens and had a 55 second 'off delay', or via an RF controlled relay. They appear to be blue, but the lights are white.

The work light only comes on via the RF controlled (keychain remote) relay, and since it's on a double ball mount it's pretty flexible as to where it can be aimed.

I ended up running an 8 AWG cable from the battery to a separate fuse box that's hidden inside of the cargo box to power this and future items:

But then I felt that the front needed better map lights, so I added a couple of these (I'm a fan of ThruNite flashlights) to the front that charge with USB-C as needed:

It can fold up / out of the way when not in use:

Those are just some weapons lights mounted to a mini picatinny rail that's on a double ball mount used for cameras. Works pretty well and easy to remove for securing.
This is SUPER clean man. Great job, it's given me some ideas.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The front seats and cargo area isn’t bad with the lighting but I agree that the lighting for the back seats is awful. I have to use my high lumen flashlight to find anything back there in the dark. I keep it in one of the Molle bags attached to the back of the front seat.

Bee Bop

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 02 Mustang GT Vert, 91 S10
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Theherofails I don't Know if it is possible, but it looks like you light was assembled or installed backwards. where the reflector is angled towards teh cargo area instead of the back seat.

Sponsored

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is a good thread. There seems to be a polarized experience with lighting. My Badlands with high pkg: interior is like a black hole at night. You can't see shit in this thing.

Dome light is good, just right under it. If you need to look around the inside of the rig, it's tough at night. When you arrive at your destination, you have to clear out all your kit in the dark. That's not working. I like the idea of flipping one aux switch and it is like daylight inside the whole rig.

This is getting the ideas flowing, but I, like a few other posters, need lights up on the roll bars. I need to look all over the inside of the car, not just the footwells.

Great install and write-up! Nice contribution. Thanks.

OP
OP
Theherofails

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is a good thread. There seems to be a polarized experience with lighting. My Badlands with high pkg: interior is like a black hole at night. You can't see shit in this thing.

Dome light is good, just right under it. If you need to look around the inside of the rig, it's tough at night. When you arrive at your destination, you have to clear out all your kit in the dark. That's not working. I like the idea of flipping one aux switch and it is like daylight inside the whole rig.

This is getting the ideas flowing, but I, like a few other posters, need lights up on the roll bars. I need to look all over the inside of the car, not just the footwells.

Great install and write-up! Nice contribution. Thanks.
I agree! I am working on a solution for that as well. Stay tuned! I really enjoy all the feedback and it gives me ideas for future projects. The top lights are a little trickier due to getting power from the main cable run up to the lights. Quite honestly, the easiest solution would be a quality tap light that you charge via USB every few months as needed. However, I have a pretty cool solution for top down lighting coming up after I install my ARB dual compressor.

I'm more of the electronics kind of tinkerer (as opposed to mechanical), so most of my projects will be focused on upgrading lighting, audio, security, smart home integration etc.

I am VERY curious why there is such a divide re:cabin lighting. Some people swear it's more than sufficient.. Yet here we are, starved for light. There is a piece of the puzzle missing and I'm not sure what it is yet.

NeoS281

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Part of that also has to do with the footwell and ambient lighting being included the High and Lux packages. With many initial builds being FE and ones that were spec'd with all the features it wouldn't stick out as bad.
Mid Package (332A) comes with Ambient footwell lighting as well. I have it on my 2-door and have more than adequate lighting for my needs.

Great job on the writeup @Theherofails

Last edited:

TXNavy

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon XLT 1500 4x4, Jeep Liberty Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mid Package (312A) comes with Ambient footwell lighting as well. I have it on my 2-door and have more than adequate lighting for my needs.

Great job on the writeup @Theherofails

Good catch, it is the side mirrors with approach lighting and spotlights that gets added with the High and Lux packages.
Sponsored