First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice! I have a nice little Miller 252 at my disposal, but TIG would look good!
Ya that's a real "little" setup. I have an old Miller 210, but would love to upgrade to a newer 252.

Nice work, looks good!! It's nice to see some real fab work on this site.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ya that's a real "little" setup. I have an old Miller 210, but would love to upgrade to a newer 252.

Nice work, looks good!! It's nice to see some real fab work on this site.
I wish the 252 was mine, it's the shop welder at work. My home unit is a crusty old ESAB 171, decent welder but the 252 is much nicer.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I've been looking for an excuse to buy a welder and teach myself....this could be it.
Just need to find some local friends with welders and mirror some of their projects or plan them out together and you won't need to invest in the hardware. :)

That being said, there's a lot of awesome stuff that even a person with sub-par skills can make. I posted up some shop tables we made in my personal build thread and the welder + raw materials ended up being about equal to the price of buying heavy duty shop benches retail. We lost some with all the safety gear and hoods, but will more than make it up when we make floor-to-ceiling garage shelving.

I wish the 252 was mine, it's the shop welder at work. My home unit is a crusty old ESAB 171, decent welder but the 252 is much nicer.
252 is a nice unit! We just have a little Milli 211 but it's perfect for home use. Awesome that you have a job with such equipment at your disposal. We only have some incredibly high keystroke-per-minute 10-keys and tax software around here. Laaaaaaaaaame.

A BNIB 211 plus 20 gal tank fits in your standard '51 Aerosedan trunk.
Ford Bronco Adding Jeep Rubicon rails to Bronco stock rock sliders New welder

Anyway, back on topic.

Love your work, @Tricky Dick and will likely be vetting out this same sort of project but using a tube bender at a buddy's house to see if I can get a little wider step and possibly full coverage grate as ghetto mud flaps.

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love your work, @Tricky Dick and will likely be vetting out this same sort of project but using a tube bender at a buddy's house to see if I can get a little wider step and possibly full coverage grate as ghetto mud flaps.
Thanks. If I could change one thing it would be to double the width. The positive here is less leverage on the mounts when the body weight is on the outer rail.

Sponsored

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looks great 🤩. I had no intention on modifying my factory rock rails but that is really sweet. Tempting.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just noticed this link in your signature. How much were they and where did you purchase?

How did this not get a feature? @Administrator

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just noticed this link in your signature. How much were they and where did you purchase?

How did this not get a feature? @Administrator
Right around $200-250 and they're available from several vendors. Warrior 54002. There's a 4dr version too but I don't know the part number off hand.

I have to warn, I was really hard on them last week and the body mounts do flex a bit when dropping the full weight on to them. They kissed my rocker and sprang back. I think I need to take them off and reinforce the mounts.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Right around $200-250 and they're available from several vendors. Warrior 54002. There's a 4dr version too but I don't know the part number off hand.

I have to warn, I was really hard on them last week and the body mounts do flex a bit when dropping the full weight on to them. They kissed my rocker and sprang back. I think I need to take them off and reinforce the mounts.
Looks like the only version they make for 4 door doesn't include steps.

https://warriorproducts.com/jeep-jku-renegade-rails-diy-kit-54005.html

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I had to kind of chuckle when I logged on and saw this in the headlines. At first thought you made a new post about these and then I thought about it for a minute and realized they probably just bumped the old one.

My original plan mirrored yours, but since Ford has not built my Bronc yet and I have since found these from SRQ ..........

Ford Bronco Adding Jeep Rubicon rails to Bronco stock rock sliders 1658441130039

I will also be replacing these.........................

Ford Bronco Adding Jeep Rubicon rails to Bronco stock rock sliders 20220417_152641

...............with something like this.......................

Ford Bronco Adding Jeep Rubicon rails to Bronco stock rock sliders 1658441380042

.............nicely tucked up above the lowest part of the frame/crossmember. Just not use the middle plate and tube. And will still be ale to be removed with the crossmember.

Keep up the good work Dick. I have been enjoying all of your posts without my own Bronc to work on and take to the trails.

ANTNY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SCION IQ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Status
Not open for further replies.