First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I searched and couldn’t find this answer. I know limited modifications are possible post vin issuance, but is tow one of them?

I’ve been holding out for the tow package (just like holding out for MIC) and my salesman found an “order incompatible with plant” error when hovering over my order with tow. He removed tow yesterday and this morning checked my order - no errors.

I really want to have the 7 pin tow capability later but want my bronco more.

So has anyone been able to add it back after a VIN is issued (assuming I ever get one issued, that is)?

Lastly, anyone get a 7pin hitch added aftermarket?
Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

It can be added later, but it won’t be cheap if your are looking for all the capabilities of the 7 pin. Adding 4 pin is easier and cheaper, 7 pin, not so much.

BRONBO

Outer Banks
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So I ordered on 10/13/21 with my dealer an OBX without SAS. On 11/18, received my build week of 1/24/22 and a vin. On 12/3 I reached out to my dealer to see if it was possible to add SAS and door bag storage and my dealer replied done. Sure enough, checked the tracker and saw SAS and bags were added.

I was pushed back a week andsupposed to be built on 1/31.
So it’s possible to add it seems?

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So has anyone been able to add it back after a VIN is issued (assuming I ever get one issued, that is)?
You usually can make some minor modifications to the build once you have a VIN (for example... changing the color).

I don't know if the tow package counts as a minor modification. But if you add it, given the tow package is such a big constraint, safe to say that any build date you would have gotten will be lost
Lastly, anyone get a 7pin hitch added aftermarket?
I've wired a few 7-pin connectors throughout the years. Most recently on the newer Ford Rangers. Pretty easy to do, just won't have all of the factory integrations obviously.

What it really comes down to is if you care about all of the integrations with the safety systems. The tow package will integrate nicely with BLIS and the trailer sway control system. If you do a third-party aftermarket system chances are it will not integrate with all of the safety features.

If you tow a 2-3 times a year, probably not a big deal if it doesn't integrate with all of the vehicle systems. But if you are towing multiple times a month and often go on long-distance trips, may be more important to you.

Last edited:

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

You usually can make some minor modifications to the build once you have a VIN (for example... changing the color).

I don't know if the tow package counts as a minor modification. But if you add it, given the tow package is suck a big constraint, safe to say that any build date you would have gotten will be lost

I've wired a few 7-pin connectors throughout the years. Most recently on the newer Ford Rangers. Pretty easy to do, just won't have all of the factory integrations obviously.

What it really comes down to is if you care about all of the integrations with the safety systems. The tow package will integrate nicely with BLIS and the trailer sway control system. If you do a third-party aftermarket system chances are it will not integrate with all of the safety features.

If you tow a 2-3 times a year, probably not a big deal if it doesn't integrate with all of the vehicle systems. But if you are towing multiple times a month and often go on long-distance trips, may be more important to you.
Well said! Also, if you plan to tow off-road, having electric brakes are really nice and safer!

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've seen people change color after a VIN. Some have said you can add things that don't alter the VIN before you have a build day. Not sure about this. I think you'll have an issue adding a constrained item... otherwise they'd have a lot of people removing constraints, getting a VIN, then adding everything back 😀
Sponsored