Sponsored

Adding Trail Turn with manual transmission in aftermarket?

3Dogs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Escape, 2000 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know it's not available.
But, as I understand it, it's just locking the inside rear tire during a turn. Is this something that could be added as an aftermarket hack?
Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Maybe Ford can figure it out for MY22 Mansquatch.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Probably won't get the same result. You'd have to hack into your Bronco's mainframe and reprogram all of the traction controls.

Ford Bronco Adding Trail Turn with manual transmission in aftermarket? L1PqqvVFtQiEU

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Trail Turn Assist (basically) is the braking system applying brakes to lock the inner rear tire when the steering heel is at full lock. The rear differential is not locked (on vehicle that have locking diff), so....

I see No Reason Why this feature can't be implemented with a MT....
....with one (only one) exception.....

FoMoCo wants to entice people to upgrade and spend more $$$ for the AT.

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

There's single and dual hand brake controls out there that rally and drift cars use.

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Probably won't get the same result. You'd have to hack into your Bronco's mainframe and reprogram all of the traction controls.

Ford Bronco Adding Trail Turn with manual transmission in aftermarket? L1PqqvVFtQiEU
My guess is to much torque with mechanical advantage while in 4wd. (Assuming in crawler gear)Ford won’t sell something to compromise service life intervals. Same reason you can’t use 2wd low in a super duty unless you have an xl or xlt toe add a relay to turn the front axle off while in 4l.I’m sure it can be done with software but ford won’t do it for those reasons.

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There's single and dual hand brake controls out there that rally and drift cars use.
This could be an option IF the Bronco had a Hand Brake...... but it currently doesn't.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

This could be an option IF the Bronco had a Hand Brake...... but it currently doesn't.
It doesn't have trail turn either so one way or another if you want the feature you're going to have to modify the existing controls to make it work, either physical or electronic.

Sponsored

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

i think it'd be difficult to incorporate because of the clutch slippage that is needed. locking up a wheel would probably cause most to stall it. if possible, a clutch kick or clutch dump in 2H you could get a 180 going some what easily, no?

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
i think it'd be difficult to incorporate because of the clutch slippage that is needed. locking up a wheel would probably cause most to stall it.
No, the open diff allows for a situation where one rear tire doesn't spin. In most cases, this is a Bad Thing, but the one bonus is that something like Trail Turn can function.

if possible, a clutch kick or clutch dump in 2H you could get a 180 going some what easily, no?
That swings the rear end around. Trail Turn is for keeping the rear stationary while swing the front end around.

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No, the open diff allows for a situation where one rear tire doesn't spin. In most cases, this is a Bad Thing, but the one bonus is that something like Trail Turn can function.

That swings the rear end around. Trail Turn is for keeping the rear stationary while swing the front end around.
forgot about the open diff. keep thinking it's an LSD. open diff i can see it working. still need to watch the revs as you need 3 wheels to pull the car in a loose surface.

Ricepuddin

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW 340i and 1998 bmw m3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Every video showing trail turn assist is not on a trail, it’s on sand in open desert. I wonder how manageable it will actually be as a “trail turn.”
my unsolicited two cents here, I'm totally a fan of how it can pull off this feat of turning on a dime, but as someone that is an avid mountain biker, watching what that bronco did to the ground in a single turn was a bit horrifying. it would take 100 bikes a day a year to turn that much dirt. oof.

...it's still cool tho :)
Sponsored