Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

• Banned
Gonna make this sweet and short
my dealer sent me an email regarding that ford is requiring an additional deposit of $500. is that true for any of you. Did my dealer send me that just to get more money as a deposit and Ford is actually not requiring anything more??

Is your dealer asking you for more deposit $$$
Sponsored

ekim

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, Ford Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Gonna make this sweet and short
my dealer sent me an email regarding that ford is requiring an additional deposit of $500. is that true for any of you. Did my dealer send me that just to get more money as a deposit and Ford is actually not requiring anything more??

Is your dealer asking you for more deposit $$$
Ask your dealer for a photo of the requirement on Ford letterhead and/or the phone number of the regional sales rep so you can verify that Ford is requiring this of all dealers.

Sponsored

MrJoe

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Bronco (sold), '99 Ram, '08 Explorer, '16 CMax
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My dealer will be requiring a $500 deposit (additional $400). Ford has said it is up to the dealers if they want to charge a deposit. Not Ford driving; dealer driven.
Yep, what he said.

OP
OP
andi

andi

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

• Banned
Ford is only requiring that $100 for reservation. What your dealer asks of you is on your dealer. I know some are requiring additional deposit at the time of order.
oh okay thats what i thought. my dealer told me that ford requires more than the original $100, which is untrue, i dont mind putting in more, just dont like the dealers sneaky words

Edelfin

Big Bend
First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yes. A lot of dealers will. They will be penalized for not delivering the Bronco to the original reservation holder so I expect there will be a range of deposits required. FYI I am part of the Texas Group Buy and the dealership has been very transparent on this subject.

Sponsored
OP
OP
andi

andi

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes. A lot of dealers will. They will be penalized for not delivering the Bronco to the original reservation holder so I expect there will be a range of deposits required. FYI I am part of the Texas Group Buy and the dealership has been very transparent on this subject.
Spineless dealer...using Ford as the boogie bear....
YES, like i dont mind if they ask for more, but if they say ford is mandating when in fact not is kind of annoying, why cant we just buy cars from the manufacture like if we were buying shoes from a store ugh

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've heard that Ford is talking about this requirement (and possibly up to $1000) but haven't seen anything confirmed yet.

Honestly, I think they should do this to weed out a good number of people that are not serious about this purchase. It will give everyone that is serious a better idea on where they will fall in estimated delivery.

Edelfin

Big Bend
First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

YES, like i dont mind if they ask for more, but if they say ford is mandating when in fact not is kind of annoying, why cant we just buy cars from the manufacture like if we were buying shoes from a store ugh
Yeah lying about the reason is shady. If the dealer said "We need $1k down so we only get serious buyers," I could respect that honesty.

OP
OP
andi

andi

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah lying about the reason is shady. If the dealer said "We need $1k down so we only get serious buyers," I could respect that honesty.
agreed
Sponsored