Sponsored

Additional Sound Deadening (High Package component) - What/Where is it?

Spotter

Badlands
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am very curious about this as well. Wondering if it's all stuff that can be done after market, or if we can only get it in the high package. I definitely would want sound deadening, but the High package isn't offered on the BD, which I currently have reserved.

Ride Em Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am very curious about this as well. Wondering if it's all stuff that can be done after market, or if we can only get it in the high package. I definitely would want sound deadening, but the High package isn't offered on the BD, which I currently have reserved.
Option for the B D:

Hard Top Sound Deadening Headliner (requires Hard Top or Dual Tops)

Sponsored

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Y'all have this stuff backwards. See...The way this stuff works is...

Then when your mud terrains start howling and the wind starts slamming the sides of your head...

...You can no longer hear your spouse.

BOOM. Sound. Deadened.

Valhalla_Overland

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota Tacoma DCSB OR
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
After doing all the sound deadening in my Tacoma, I can definitely say I'd just rather have it installed from the factory. I doubt it would add more than 30 lbs to the roof overall, depending on how much they use.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Really not enough info at this point. For point of comparison this is one of the more popular after-market headliner add-on's for Jeep Wranglers - and most agree it's better than the available Jeep factory applied option. It's still pretty basic - I'd hope with all the research and design work Ford has clearly invested in this new Bronco they have something even better, but it's the kind of thing I'd want to see more of before committing to.
https://hotheadheadliners.com/

Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sound deadening can always be done aftermarket.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Really not enough info at this point. For point of comparison this is one of the more popular after-market headliner add-on's for Jeep Wranglers - and most agree it's better than the available Jeep factory applied option. It's still pretty basic - I'd hope with all the research and design work Ford has clearly invested in this new Bronco they have something even better, but it's the kind of thing I'd want to see more of before committing to.
https://hotheadheadliners.com/
I bought the Hot Head liner for my Jeep. Much better than factory, and cheaper. I would guess the kit for the 4 door was around 10 pounds, and really helped with the heat also.

Zinn

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2020 Ranger Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is not the hard top headliner. The hard top headliner is a separate option.

The “High” package lists “Additional sound deadening” as a bullet feature (which wouldn’t even make sense on a soft top 4 door). So I think the question stands. What is this? Do they spray some insulating foam inside the door panels?

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is not the hard top headliner. The hard top headliner is a separate option.

The “High” package lists “Additional sound deadening” as a bullet feature (which wouldn’t even make sense on a soft top 4 door). So I think the question stands. What is this? Do they spray some insulating foam inside the door panels?
I used sound deadener in my soft top jeep and it does make a difference. I did it after tucking the transmission up closer to the tub for ground clearance and skid plates. Like the poster above mentioned, Id pay the factory to do it before doing it again, it was a process (removed everything down to the tub, door panels and firewall.

I havent found enough info yet to determine what ford classifies as sound deadening in the bronco.
Sponsored