Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

A bit disappointed that Ford is not ready to release the painted tops. I plan to just get the soft top and wait for the my preferred top later. I also plan on getting the high package on the OB. without a hard top, anyone know the “Additional sound deadening” can be applied on the soft top? Also is it the same item They are charging when selecting the MIC hard top?
Sponsored

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I doubt it. Any sound deadening that would appropriate for a hard top most likely will not work for a softtop.

moisea

Wildtrak
First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano 2015
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
A bit disappointed that Ford is not ready to release the painted tops. I plan to just get the soft top and wait for the my preferred top later. I also plan on getting the high package on the OB. without a hard top, anyone know the “Additional sound deadening” can be applied on the soft top? Also is it the same item They are charging when selecting the MIC hard top?
Sound deadening only works for the MIC and other hard tops as they become available, not for soft tops.

I think it depends on the trim. I am going with the wildtrak and the MIC is standard and I am not showing that there was any charge. Same goes for the FE.

Double IPA

Wildtrak
First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Titan, 2002 RS Warrrior
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am going with the Wildtrak. MIC hard top is standard but there is an add on option for "hard top sound deadening headliner" for $495. But, high package also includes "additional sound deadening" - guessing that is in places other than the hard top.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am going with the Wildtrak. MIC hard top is standard but there is an add on option for "hard top sound deadening headliner" for $495. But, high package also includes "additional sound deadening" - guessing that is in places other than the hard top.
High package additional sound deadening would be elsewhere is my guess.

Could be the fabric in the wheel wells crap, or under carpet or spray out interior.

High package is not limited to hardtopped models, so I doubt it's on the hardtop.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah.. "Additional" should be in the body somewhere. The Hard Top is a separate add on for the MIC.
Sponsored