Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E90 M3 6spd Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

inb4 anyone says "it's an off-road rig, it's not supposed to be quiet!" - I understand that, doesn't mean we can't try to mitigate it somewhat :)

I'm sure we've all seen the reviews about wind noise above 65. Hard top vs soft top are about the same, though hard top might be easier to try and remedy. I believe the 2 doors are a bit worse with the rear wheels right there.

I saw somebody used velcro to secure a thin strip of sound deadening foam between the two front modular top pieces to help reduce windnoise. Seems like a cheap, easy, and not too intrusive solution. Has anyone else done/read about/thought of similar things we can do after purchase to help with highway noise?

So far the most common suggestion is upgrading the speakers :LOL:
Sponsored

CatcusGrey

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you rocking a soft top or a hard top? I've seen a recommendation for soft top. Install the bestop mesh Bimini, adding a cheap blanket in between that and the soft top.

I have the Bimini, just haven't tested in a tunnel or at high speeds yet. Would love to hear if there are other suggestions out there for the soft top! Can be quite loud.

mykoljay

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Following! 2 door (hardtop) on 35s. very loud on the highway. Would love to figure out a mod to help.

Shefoot

Wildtrak
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trailblazer
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I did 2 hours of higher speed highway driving home on Saturday. Soft top. Not super bad? Maybe I'm more used to is because of my truck or my blazer previously, but I only really noticed it at one of the rear windows.

OP
OP
ThisGuy611

ThisGuy611

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E90 M3 6spd Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Are you rocking a soft top or a hard top? I've seen a recommendation for soft top. Install the bestop mesh Bimini, adding a cheap blanket in between that and the soft top.

I have the Bimini, just haven't tested in a tunnel or at high speeds yet. Would love to hear if there are other suggestions out there for the soft top! Can be quite loud.
I'm still waiting on my 2 door, so it's going to be a hard top. That's a great suggestion for the soft top actually, haven't seen that before.

My current car is a V8 M3 with an aftermarket exhaust, so it certainly isn't quiet, but I'll take engine noise over wind noise any day! I'm just hoping someone has found a solution to drop db levels below ~70 at 65mph+. I'm seeing 74+ decibels on most videos once the driver hits those speeds.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ThisGuy611

ThisGuy611

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E90 M3 6spd Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I did 2 hours of higher speed highway driving home on Saturday. Soft top. Not super bad? Maybe I'm more used to is because of my truck or my blazer previously, but I only really noticed it at one of the rear windows.
I'm in South Florida so highway speeds over here are 75mph+ lol. From everything I've seen, holding a conversation at those speeds requires raising your voice a bit..

Shefoot

Wildtrak
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trailblazer
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm in South Florida so highway speeds over here are 75mph+ lol. From everything I've seen, holding a conversation at those speeds requires raising your voice a bit..
I'm southern gal from Florida, so I already speak quite loud, lol. We were only at 70/75 for part of the drive, then we hit the 60mph zone the rest of the way home :( Husband rode with me, we talked the entire ride home. I don't think I spoke louder than normal. We did turn the radio down while talking though.

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I recently installed the JTops bimini on my soft-top.
I took some readings using the noise app on my apple Watch doing about 75 on the freeway.
I then took a couple of 1/2" thick 2' X 6' Yoga mats and laid them on top of the bimini.
The difference in the reading via my apple watch was almost non-existent.
(Love the Jtops, btw)

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

inb4 anyone says "it's an off-road rig, it's not supposed to be quiet!" - I understand that, doesn't mean we can't try to mitigate it somewhat :)

I'm sure we've all seen the reviews about wind noise above 65. Hard top vs soft top are about the same, though hard top might be easier to try and remedy. I believe the 2 doors are a bit worse with the rear wheels right there.

I saw somebody used velcro to secure a thin strip of sound deadening foam between the two front modular top pieces to help reduce windnoise. Seems like a cheap, easy, and not too intrusive solution. Has anyone else done/read about/thought of similar things we can do after purchase to help with highway noise?

So far the most common suggestion is upgrading the speakers :LOL:
Hey, there has been several posts on it for MIC top. Here's a link that should help...

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/hardtop-sound-deadening-mod-using-kilmat.42746/
Sponsored

Sponsored

Sponsored