Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus SE, 2018 F-250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like they are the go-to for member maps, off-roadeo, and a direct connection with Ford which will be their advantage as a "business" once the Bronco is actually released.
I wouldn't mind paying a reasonable fee for this, but $70 a year? And no X-Plan. I'd rather pay $25 for MCA.

Plus my experience with their forum has not been good. It's more like FB than a real information sharing site.
Sponsored

BroncOBX

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.polaris-intel.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150 FX4; Mavic 2 Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's my problem. I like the bronco. I dislike the company that's selling it. They are behaving in a way that makes me think they are dishonest, incompetent, and have disdain for their own potential customers.
I wouldn't be that cynical. Ford is a business. They exist to make a profit for their owners (Ie shareholders) and they have a right to protect their self-interest like any company should. Don't like it? Go to Chevy or Volvo or start your own car company. I'm sure you'll find much of the same there...even at the car company you start.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Being aware that youā€™re giving away information that could hurt you bottom line is one thing... being a child and standing in front of someone trying to record a video is another.

Seriously hope someone at Bronco Nation sees this and addresses it swiftly. The deed is done but there is still time to save face and rebuild bridges. I was looking at joining via the paid membership once I gained more information but this is a bad look.

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've never visited that other forum and don't plan to, but if it is a "Ford product" then I assume it's also one big Bronco lovefest. I know the occasional Bronco-bashing on this site tends to piss off some people, but if I worked at Ford, that's exactly what I would want to see: What are people not happy about? What do they want that isn't being offered? What matters to buyers, and how can Ford make their product better?

Compliments are nice, but they don't provide any guidance for improvement. It's the complaints that let you know what buyers are thinking and give you a clue as to what needs to change to attract more business.

So if that's the case, I would think of BN as "marketing" and 6G as "customer support." Marketing is what you want customers to believe. Customer support is what customers tell you are the facts.

And for the record, I would never pay someone to market to me.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I wouldn't be that cynical. Ford is a business. They exist to make a profit for their owners (Ie shareholders) and they have a right to protect their self-interest like any company should. Don't like it? Go to Chevy or Volvo or start your own car company. I'm sure you'll find much of the same there...even at the car company you start.
I thinking Ford is still trying to figure out how to make a profit.
So Ford wants to market to a few paid BN members vs 12,000 free Bronco6g members, maybe we discovered why Ford's stock price is so low :unsure::unsure::rolleyes::rolleyes::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Ford Bronco Addressing Bronco Nation Friction 1600006327028

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The irony is that Bronco6G could probably offer a membership plan (no ads or something like that) and would make bank doing it.
*cough* adblocker

JGuske23

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep compass
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's weird how most any bronco6g mention on BN is admiration and well wishes that BN can turn into what 6g is currently, and somehow anything BN mentioned here becomes toxic fast. Could just be the sheer amount of members here magnifying everything though

I paid for the membership and I would pay for one here too. I check this place out everyday because everyone is so passionate and shares info at break neck speed. I think THIS site is great for the most part and the enthusiasm is awesome. There's zero question that this is THE go to spot for all new bronco info.

The entitlement here (mostly new members) is a head scratcher though

I tried posting a screenshot from BN here to help clarify things for a member and it was deleted by a mod saying bronco6g doesn't want anyone advertising for the other site, yet there are several exclusive "members only" BN photos here. There are some VB photos I know some members here would love to see, but who knows what's actually allowed to be shared.

We are all excited for this truck, wish both sites could work together and get even more information out to all of us. I understand that's not realistic though so I'll continue to check them both out.

I'm sure BN knows this place is king,

level3looper

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am a paid member there also and agree with you. There is a whole thread in their paid section just smack talking B6G and its users and everyone patting themselves on the back for being on the more "mature" forum. How ironic. That's what their paid membership has amounted to and I'm pretty disappointed.

I also see some of the same names there are members here as well. The same people talking down Bronco6g and its users (who have contributed way more to the info wealth about the new Bronco that's out there, no thanks to Ford) while simultaneously benefiting from the info being posted and reposting it there. A lot of hypocrisy. It's very distasteful and makes me not visit the site. I will not be renewing my membership there next year.

I would suggest that WE keep our selves active over there and that more of us join. I do believe, as long as Ford keeps BN on their website, there will be benefit. In a way, we need both to succeed. When the launch is over and we are now sitting in our dreams come true, energy will shift from whose got the leak\info to whose got the best info on what to do with our dreams. Who will be most ready\valuable at that time? The people with the knowledge are currently talking on 6g. BN has a tangible with the Off-Rodeo, but, they will want\need 6g people and... I think we're all there already! :) https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/posts/109116/

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
They are owned by Jackson Dawson Communications (as it states in their Terms of Service and other pages on their website) based in Dearborn, MI.

Do some research and you find out that this is a creative marketing firm that is basically owned by Ford and which it uses for a lot of marketing purposes. I have no idea how they can say they are independent and "by enthusiasts" - seems quite the opposite.
Yep- From Car & Driver 7-12-2020 -
"And, if you want a multiple screen experience for the reveal, you can hang out online with the enthusiasts over at Bronco Nation. But even here you canā€™t escape Fordā€™s marketing synergy. Bronco Nation claims to be an "independent enthusiast community," but it has ties to Jackson Dawson Communications, a 37-year-old marketing firm based in Dearborn, Michigan, with a Ford account. Jackson Dawson helped set up the future-mobility-focused Ford Hub in New York City in 2017. "

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On the contrary, I gladly and frequently click on the Bronco6g ads. No, I don't want to buy the product, I just want to support this site, servers and admins do cost money and I want Bronco6g to live far into the future.
Enjoy!

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I would suggest that WE keep our selves active over there and that more of us join.
I understand your logic, but don't understand the benefit to anyone, the few times I've checked BN when something new comes out, there will be 14 or 30 pages on the subject here at Bronco6g and maybe 3 or 10 replies, if any, on bn.com. The threads over there, with any real information seem to reference one place as the source, bronc6g.com.

FJ 432

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well... I feel foolish. I bought a baseball cap from them on Friday. Thanks for informing me.

Along the same lines, when the FJ Cruiser was introduced in 2006 Toyota used a marketing approach with paid people that were under the banner of Toyota Trail Teams. They went around the country leading trail runs for anyone who wanted to join them. We did Red Cone pass together and I had someone from their group ride along with me for a period demonstrating what the vehicle could do. At the end we received a bunch of swag and it was a great day.

I talked with the Bronco Nation guy who sold me the hat and it was pleasant but there should not be any animosity between fellow enthusiasts. Treating you that way sours me a bit. Toyota Trail Teams involved local 4wd clubs (even though a large percentage of them laughed at IFS, looks etc.) I wound up loving the vehicle and never joining the local club.

I believe it's very short sighted to have the philosophy of "old school or no school". I love the old Broncos but I want a new one. Old vehicles will die out and our children will only know the 2021 Bronco.

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I remain unbiased, except the standing in front of you....stuff like that pisses me off. Iā€™m looking for all the info I can get. So far this has been the source. Iā€™m more than willing to pay $60 to join the club, but itā€™s unclear what you get for that money except a sticker and a plate that I canā€™t use).
Going to bet someone from there reads these threads, so here is my opinion on them. They need to try harder. They have all the sweet hookups, so instead of just posting videos of rides we already saw with ear curdling 80s music, letā€™s tour the plant, see the body colors, have access to accessories no one else does or maybe a special edition available only for members, first access at events like this.
They Really missed an opportunity to connect And partner bronco6g with a large community here. Business is all about partnering rather than competing now, guessing this is some old firm that hasnā€™t had to try hard in years

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Well... I feel foolish. I bought a baseball cap from them on Friday. Thanks for informing me.

Along the same lines, when the FJ Cruiser was introduced in 2006 Toyota used a marketing approach with paid people that were under the banner of Toyota Trail Teams. They went around the country leading trail runs for anyone who wanted to join them. We did Red Cone pass together and I had someone from their group ride along with me for a period demonstrating what the vehicle could do. At the end we received a bunch of swag and it was a great day.

I talked with the Bronco Nation guy who sold me the hat and it was pleasant but there should not be any animosity between fellow enthusiasts. Treating you that way sours me a bit. Toyota Trail Teams involved local 4wd clubs (even though a large percentage of them laughed at IFS, looks etc.) I wound up loving the vehicle and never joining the local club.

I believe it's very short sighted to have the philosophy of "old school or no school". I love the old Broncos but I want a new one. Old vehicles will die out and our children will only know the 2021 Bronco.
I bet them old Broncos will outlive our new ones. Plastics deteriorate and electronics fail. I have a pile of non working phones and haven't had a Flat screen TV last more than 6 or 7 years.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.