Not open for further replies.

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I had no idea they even exist. When I started to think "maybe I want a Bronco" I googled "Bronco forum" and this one came up. So I joined and like it here - thank you guys for not being as toxic as some other forums - and if it stays that way I don't plan on leaving.

But now I know that I don't like this "Bronco Nation" thing and if I see them (I like SEMA a lot, so if ever get to go again... also a few sweet outdoor conventions in Northern AZ...all places you would think they might show up) I will make sure to avoid them.

FJ 432

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bet them old Broncos will outlive our new ones. Plastics deteriorate and electronics fail. I have a pile of non working phones and haven't had a Flat screen TV last more than 6 or 7 years.
True however time has a way of kicking the crap out of everyone and everything including Fj40's and 1st gen Broncos. More kids now will have new experiences with the 6 gen.

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

also....what would have brought all the people to bronco nation.....X-plan pricing. Isn’t there a mustang club you can get that thru, so why not a Bronco club. Just saying

and maybe a t-shirt....worth the cost in just marketing the club.

Sponsored

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Everything about Bronco is inclusive. It will continue to be a iconic success as long as we maintain this part of our Bronco heritage. Ford recognized this inclusiveness by opening up their Iconic Product to outside suppliers. It is Fun to be apart this Bronco Community. Thanks

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I tried talking with them at SuperCel, and it was all sales pitch and even some "hey, dude, you're interrupting our employee convo." When I mentioned I already was a BN member, they turned their attention to other people.

I think it's important to reiterate that if you go to BN, you will see names and avatars that are identical on both sites. But not all users on both sites want to be recognized. Now that it's very clear to most of us what BN has always been, we should keep in mind that B6G is more like a democracy and BN is most certainly not a democracy. Their paid employees can sign up here just like anyone, probably already have, and have the freedom to say anything they want to promote Ford in exactly the way they are being paid to.

Even to those like me who have worked at businesses that dealt directly with corporate communications groups like Ford's, selling out your conscience is still a bit disheartening. But it's a reality of the 21st century internet and social media. Just something to keep in mind as you interact in this great forum. 99.9% of us are just here to amicably learn and share, but we should always thoughtfully filter what we read nonetheless.

Last edited:

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ever since reservation I've lurked both here and there for the information I needed. Mostly here, but bouncing back and forth to confirm.

This thread confirmed my decision as far as which community I wanted to be a part of.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd totally buy some swag. Pineapple pizza sticker for my bronco so everybody knows which forum I support haha. I'd be interested in a shirt, coffee mug, hat, etc if the design was good
Ditto, I would love a shirt & hat, coffee mug, and of course the Pizza sticker :)

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Sonic Hatchback RS, Looking to upgrade to Bronco*
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Could not agree more on the Bronco6g swag, it would be an honor to ride with a Bronco6g Pineapple Pizza flag waving in the wind while I'm driving through all elements?????

Sponsored

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought they were either run by Ford or work with Ford because they posted videos of the Broncos running trails in the woods when they still had cameo on them before the reveal

dnvrBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander, Outback, 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not surprisingly when I search for BN content I have to filter through stuff related to a certain football team. That will always be a challenge for them, one this site won’t have to overcome.

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Ram Sport 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I always thought BN was going to be FoMoCo's way to keep pumping monthly $$ out of Bronco buyers in perpetuity. Like they shouldn't even care that this forum exists. I envision something like this:
  1. You buy a Bronco, it includes 6 months of BN for free;
  2. You log in to BN on the Bronco, and that's how you access trail videos/walkthroughs (and off-roadeo)
    1. Maybe ten different BN users have a trail guide, and you decide you really like it when X does a drive-through, so you subscribe to them
    2. Maybe something like this, that I still don't see value in
  3. IDK what else, but FoMoCo does literally everything it can to keep you tethered into the BN ecosystem, and you end up paying for it eventually.
So, eventually you're paying them for a weird ecosystem, but cool stuff for your actual Bronco. And you come here for actual organic content and interaction. Long term maybe they try to 'buy out' bronco6g and merge content and users.

Again, I haven't done a lot of research on any of this, it's just what I assumed after watching the launch/reveal and hearing about BN on here occasionally.

cybersal

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was going to join BN when I actually own a Bronco. Thanks for the info, definitely won't be.

And I'd proudly own/display B6G swag.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.