First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mercedes Sprinter 4x4, 2021 Bronco Reserved
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After discussing with Doug, I've decided to share what I experienced and observed at the Bronco Super Celebration - West Event.

The goal here is to bring awareness to some friction in case any of you choose to attend public events relating to the new Bronco and are looking to share new information that you gather with the Bronco6G community.

Bronco Nation is a for-profit "independent" marketing firm that utilizes an image of being a group of enthusiasts to try and grow their business. You can check out their site for more information. I'm not commenting on whether or not aspects of what they are offering are beneficial. You can decide that for yourself.

They depend on being the first to release information and exclusive content in order to draw in more paid memberships. When other sites such as Bronco6G "leak" information, it impacts them.

On the first day of the public event, as many of you know, I captured a lot of pictures and asked some detailed questions. Doug and I uploaded this new information in near real time to the forum, for all of you to get new looks at the Bronco.

On the 2nd day, I made an effort to visit the Bronco Nation team to learn more about them (I had not researched them much before this). They already knew who I was and provided very cryptic answers to my genuine interest. It was a pretty awkward exchange... I got weird looks from many of them throughout the rest of the event as I continued to ask the Ford team more questions and take more photos.

On the final day, for the scheduled Q&A, I set up to record the session for accuracy. It turned out no new information was provided, but regardless, Bronco Nation sent an employee to stand directly in front of me. I know this, because as I adjusted and moved, the employee took note and continued trying to obscure my camera... I found this to be very petty and unprofessional.

My takeaway for all of you: If you are attending any events in the future, just be aware that Bronco Nation clearly sees Bronco6G as a threat to their business model and they don't necessarily act professionally or respectfully towards you, if they know you are posting unique content to Bronco6G.

Again, I'm not commenting on the service they provide to their members, just bringing to light my experience with them at this particular event, so that you can take necessary precautions to ensure you don't have a similar one.
Sponsored

HankG13

Outer Banks
First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500, 2017 Subaru WRX, 1990 Mustang LX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What a joke they are. Why can't we all get along and unite around our passion for this new Bronco? Sounds like a bunch of 'grown-ups' acting like they are still 10 years old. Does their life really suck that much that they feel the need to $#!+ on other people?

I was even thinking about joining up to get another side of Bronco news, but after reading your write up, there is NO chance I will be a part of that community. Thank you for letting all of us know this and I hope you had an amazing time at the event besides having ro deal with those clowns!

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for the post. What is their relationship with Ford Corp? Why would Bronco Nation get first access to news, photos, release info?

I have been a member of several car forums for years. I have been very impressed with Doug and this forum.

Sponsored

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This reminds me of my early days with corvetteforum.com. There was a paid club ($55 a year) called the C5 Registry. They were very similar to Bronco Nation. They tried to offer exclusive info, gatherings, etc. Same story. You couldn't post on their forum unless you were a paying member. They didn't like me and Corvetteforum.

We welcomed everyone. Before long Corvetteforum was the real source of info out there. We grew like crazy. We also attracted a much more youthful and fun crowd. We raced our cars. We weren't the show and shine crowd that enjoyed club board meetings.

I think you will see the same thing happen here. The C5 Registry is all but dead. Corvetteforum is huge and still growing (it was acquired in 2007).

I know car forums. Corvetteforum was one of the first big ones on the net. Bronco6G is a very well run forum. It will be much more successful and valuable as a source of all things Bronco than Bronco Nation can hope to be.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had no idea. Appreciate the info. All I knew was they are linked directly from the Ford.com site, so I just assumed it was a Ford project.

For profit , big corp type, trying to step on us regular folks is extremely poor taste.
I'll close my "free" account there immediately.

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the post. What is their relationship with Ford Corp? Why would Bronco Nation get first access to news, photos, release info?

I have been a member of several car forums for years. I have been very impressed with Doug and this forum.
Bronco nation is ran by Ford. So it isn't surprising they want their content out first. Not to mention they want people to subscribe to their content with a membership "PAID". It's basically community ran and operated by Ford for profit.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know car forums. Corvetteforum was one of the first big ones on the net. Bronco6G is a very well run forum. It will be much more successful and valuable as a source of all things Bronco than Bronco Nation can hope to be.
Your post expressed very well what I was thinking also, that the chances are good that a free , open , inclusive group will do better than a for profit....especially in todays techno world.
Great story.

Sponsored

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
After discussing with Doug, I've decided to share what I experienced and observed at the Bronco Super Celebration - West Event.

The goal here is to bring awareness to some friction in case any of you choose to attend public events relating to the new Bronco and are looking to share new information that you gather with the Bronco6G community.

Bronco Nation is a for-profit "independent" marketing firm that utilizes an image of being a group of enthusiasts to try and grow their business. You can check out their site for more information. I'm not commenting on whether or not aspects of what they are offering are beneficial. You can decide that for yourself.

They depend on being the first to release information and exclusive content in order to draw in more paid memberships. When other sites such as Bronco6G "leak" information, it impacts them.

On the first day of the public event, as many of you know, I captured a lot of pictures and asked some detailed questions. Doug and I uploaded this new information in near real time to the forum, for all of you to get new looks at the Bronco.

On the 2nd day, I made an effort to visit the Bronco Nation team to learn more about them (I had not researched them much before this). They already knew who I was and provided very cryptic answers to my genuine interest. It was a pretty awkward exchange... I got weird looks from many of them throughout the rest of the event as I continued to ask the Ford team more questions and take more photos.

On the final day, for the scheduled Q&A, I set up to record the session for accuracy. It turned out no new information was provided, but regardless, Bronco Nation sent an employee to stand directly in front of me. I know this, because as I adjusted and moved, the employee took note and continued trying to obscure my camera... I found this to be very petty and unprofessional.

My takeaway for all of you: If you are attending any events in the future, just be aware that Bronco Nation clearly sees Bronco6G as a threat to their business model and they don't necessarily act professionally or respectfully towards you, if they know you are posting unique content to Bronco6G.

Again, I'm not commenting on the service they provide to their members, just bringing to light my experience with them at this particular event, so that you can take necessary precautions to ensure you don't have a similar one.
They've got that certified by Ford thing so they assume they get all Bronco info first. Of course when people with real passion out do them they feel pissed. Good for you!

Simmy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All American
Your Bronco Model
Base

They are owned by Jackson Dawson Communications (as it states in their Terms of Service and other pages on their website) based in Dearborn, MI.

Do some research and you find out that this is a creative marketing firm that is basically owned by Ford and which it uses for a lot of marketing purposes. I have no idea how they can say they are independent and "by enthusiasts" - seems quite the opposite.

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They probably worked out a nice little deal for funding from Ford marketing for at least a couple of years.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.