Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BN has until next summer to gain traction. Once the vehicle is out, the exclusives end. After that, the real action is the average person doing anything and everything to their Broncos. Maybe that stress is getting to them?

I see links to the Offrodeos at their site, that must be there thing then??? Are those "members only" events? Gotta go read up on that now.
Sponsored

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The irony is that Bronco6G could probably offer a membership plan (no ads or something like that) and would make bank doing it.
Bronco6G could totally bring in some cash without any sort of membership plan. The reputation is already there in the community, just open up a little swag shop like BN has. Naturally, you'd have to start with those pizza stickers.
If the stuff offered was even halfway decent, I'd bet plenty of people would buy just to support the site. Easy enough to monetize a site without monetizing information.

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Offroad
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Only reason I'm a member here was because the first week after I reserved my bronco, I was starved for news so I googled "bronco news" daily and most articles referenced this sight.

I briefly considered joining bronco nation, but wasn't convinced I was going to get my money's worth for $70. Now, if they were offering X-plan pins like MCA, I would've joined.

After reading your post OP, I feel confirmed in my decision to join bronco6g, and NOT bronco nation. I truly feel like I'm around bronco enthusiasts here, and I highly agree with the guy above me that mentioned we should be the forum Ford thanks, as a lot of people get their information and excitement about the bronco here!

I literally check this forum multiple times a day, and I'm the guy that usually is not on my phone often

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hope Ford chalks up the idea of “pay to create your own community” as a loss and moves on. This whole thing makes me cringe.

B&P delays don’t bother me, trickling info out week by week doesn’t bother me, not having every feature available on every trim level doesn’t bother me. Honestly nothing Ford has done so far about the actual launch of this vehicle has really bothered me; but sending one of their fake forum lackies to block a member of this community from disseminating info really pisses me off.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Bronco nation is ran by Ford. So it isn't surprising they want their content out first. Not to mention they want people to subscribe to their content with a membership "PAID". It's basically community ran and operated by Ford for profit.
[/
Bronco nation is ran by Ford. So it isn't surprising they want their content out first. Not to mention they want people to subscribe to their content with a membership "PAID". It's basically community ran and operated by Ford for profit.
One thing I'd be a bit leery about this arrangement is the info they put out being filtered?

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Offroad
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Bronco6G could totally bring in some cash without any sort of membership plan. The reputation is already there in the community, just open up a little swag shop like BN has. Naturally, you'd have to start with those pizza stickers.
If the stuff offered was even halfway decent, I'd bet plenty of people would buy just to support the site. Easy enough to monetize a site without monetizing information.
I'd totally buy some swag. Pineapple pizza sticker for my bronco so everybody knows which forum I support haha. I'd be interested in a shirt, coffee mug, hat, etc if the design was good

Simmy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All American
Your Bronco Model
Base
Engage "Spin Doctor" mode:
So what you're saying is Ford hired a PR firm to bully their customers who were trying to get information out regarding an upcoming model at a show and tell event ?
Ford didn't hire a PR firm. They are the PR firm.

So yes a forum which they are associated with and endorse whose staff bullied a customer during a Q&A event (the whole purpose of which was to get info about an upcoming model), that is bad PR. It's not that complicated.

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Exactly. You don't need a membership plan. Swag shops only provide so much though. Advertising is king. Once there are aftermarket suppliers wanting to get in front of Bronco owners you can monetize that. Voluntary memberships that provide some extra benefits can add as well. Generic advertising syndicates help also.

But primarily you need to provide the venue and foster a community. Then you monetize tasteful and beneficial advertising. Everyone wins.

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm a member on both 6G, and BN - and even though I paid the $70 membership fee at BN, I honestly have not seen what the value was in that purchase. I got some stickers and about $8 worth of swag. Their forum is nowhere near as robust as 6G, and has nowhere near the membership or participation. I come here before I go there. It's unfortunate that it's become this "us vs them" mentality.. I'll continue to support both, as we're all in it for the same reason - excitement for the Bronco... but this is where I come first.

Sponsored
OP
OP
irv0735

irv0735

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mercedes Sprinter 4x4, 2021 Bronco Reserved
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One thing I'd be a bit leery about this arrangement is the info they put out being filtered?
Yes, Bronco Nation's information is 100% filtered by Ford. This is apparent if you take a look at their Instagram and YouTube accounts. They speak the exact same language as Ford does on Twitter.

GiddyUp

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So, you had employees from BN, all sitting on their duffs, presumably not doing what they're suppose to be doing ... online.

Then, when one of them finally does get off their duff, it's to keep someone else doing what they were suppose to be doing all along!

Man, how does one find a job like that? And ... how does one appreciate the work they're doing? Freaking sad bunch.

joeramirez

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We as paying Ford customers for many many years and also as stockholders have a much stronger voice than a pseudo marketing firm financially supported/created/owned by Ford. Our Ford purchases are paying for this marketing and it would be dumb on their part to bite the hand that feeds them. Bronco6g has done for free what BN has failed to do at a cost of possibly millions of dollars. The members of this forum are the ones that can’t wait to give Ford $50,000 + for a new Bronco and are the best marketing Ford has at no cost!!! Rant over.

BroncOcotillo

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Petty and disappointing on the part of BroncoNation/Ford. Holding a media/public event and trying to prevent information from getting out is counterproductive. Gotta shake my head at this. Another poor business decision by Ford if they’re paying for the BroncoNation “service.” I considered joining their site but was turned off by the fee and I found bronco6g to be more informed and enjoyable. Makes me think twice about going to an OffRodeo event too.

Last edited:

buckthis

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150, Ford Focus, Buick Enclave, Toyota CH
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What a joke they are. Why can't we all get along and unite around our passion for this new Bronco? Sounds like a bunch of 'grown-ups' acting like they are still 10 years old. Does their life really suck that much that they feel the need to $#!+ on other people?

I was even thinking about joining up to get another side of Bronco news, but after reading your write up, there is NO chance I will be a part of that community. Thank you for letting all of us know this and I hope you had an amazing time at the event besides having ro deal with those clowns!
I joined Bronco Nation soon after the reveal. Have to say the Bronco6g forum is way ahead of the game and a lot more fun to follow!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.