Not open for further replies.

Mustang313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (s197)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
One thing I'd be a bit leery about this arrangement is the info they put out being filtered?
Of course it is. You can tell in the corporate runaround and cutesy answers they give sometimes. Ford is an image blessed company and their marketing arm always wants to control the narrative. And that’ll include anything coming out of BN.

Knowing that the site is owned and run by Ford marketing made me never register, but not only for the reasons above. There are privacy and data mining concerns as well (same reason I’m not on Facebook).

@TellurideBronco posted this earlier in the thread that BN user’s accounts can and will be data mined for Ford’s commercial purposes. Downright scary. No thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Citikill

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm a member on both 6G, and BN - and even though I paid the $70 membership fee at BN, I honestly have not seen what the value was in that purchase. I got some stickers and about $8 worth of swag. Their forum is nowhere near as robust as 6G, and has nowhere near the membership or participation. I come here before I go there. It's unfortunate that it's become this "us vs them" mentality.. I'll continue to support both, as we're all in it for the same reason - excitement for the Bronco... but this is where I come first.
I’m in the same boat I only really go to their site for Offroadeo updates which are very few. If it doesn’t become more robust, definitely wont renew with BN next year.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I will never pay for info about a car lol. Good job OP on the info you provided, much appreciated.
Why would you? If the info doesn't show up here, you can bet it will be on YouTube within a couple of days.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hope Ford chalks up the idea of “pay to create your own community” as a loss and moves on. This whole thing makes me cringe.

B&P delays don’t bother me, trickling info out week by week doesn’t bother me, not having every feature available on every trim level doesn’t bother me. Honestly nothing Ford has done so far about the actual launch of this vehicle has really bothered me; but sending one of their fake forum lackies to block a member of this community from disseminating info really pisses me off.
Just when I was getting convinced that Ford is really trying to do the right thing, this BS pops up. Now I feel like we're all being strung along for maximum profit.

SHLYGRR

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Elantra GT Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I check the Bronco Nation forum every once in a while to see if there’s any different news or opinions over there. I can honestly say I’m disappointed every time I visit the site. They’re always behind on stories and have very little engaging content. Bronco6G is always ahead of the curve haha! Hopefully they can grow more but I’m lucky to be apart of the Bronco6G community. Excited for our journey over the next 10 months and beyond.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Brad was awesome to talk to! He is totally genuine and does work directly for Ford. He was the most forthcoming when it came to how the technology worked and what the driving experience was like, but that's just it... Way better to have a conversation with him about it, than to have him do a one-sided video.
That’s awesome to hear! I’ve messaged with him a few times and he seems like a cool dude, good to hear that holds up IRL. Would be great to talk to him at KOH and get some further info.
I would like to ask Mike Levine what the motivation would be for Ford to force fans and prospective Bronco clients to pay additional money to get news releases.

We are literally giving Ford millions of dollars in valuable market research for Free based on the feedback discussions from 6G.

They should discontinue the relationship with Bronco Nation and start to reward 6G members. I personally have told several people about the new Bronco and I am aware of 5 different people I have talked to have since placed a reservation for the new Bronco. The latest coming on Friday night. He asked his wife if he could place a reservation. She said yes and I directed him to select Granger ford. All based on what I learned on Bronco 6G.
Ford wants to have control of whatever they are personally pushing out. 6G is completely independent and I don’t think we’d be willing to censor ourselves like Bronco nation has. Even with our moderation stepping up and getting a little tighter, bronco nation is insanely controlled and you can’t even use any swear words lol. 6G our goal is to have a fun environment for everyone and keep the moderation relegated to off-topic (politics especially lol), and personal attacks. Basically how would you speak to someone IRL? Hell yeah there’s going to be some “bad words” in our conversations at the trailhead. But during our meetups I wouldn’t expect any personal attacks so we keep that same standard here.

Last edited:

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They said they were not affiliated with ford when I was there. When money is involved you will have problems like this. I will still keep an open mind and see what they offer. Thanks for letting us know the shenanigans that happened.

Mustang313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (s197)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
They said they were not affiliated with ford when I was there. When money is involved you will have problems like this. I will still keep an open mind and see what they offer. Thanks for letting us know the shenanigans that happened.
BN was announced and launched literally the same day Ford announced the Bronco family lineup and outdoor brand. That's one helluva coincidence for not affiliated and independent.

Sponsored

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bronco nation is ran by Ford. So it isn't surprising they want their content out first. Not to mention they want people to subscribe to their content with a membership "PAID". It's basically community ran and operated by Ford for profit.
Affiliated and propped up for sure, but I don’t think they’re “ran” by Ford. Think about it, if they were ran by Ford, they wouldn’t need to travel to Colorado for the scoop on the Bronco, they could just stay in Michigan and get one on one time with the Bronco as much as they want. And Ford would be spoon feeding them all the juicy details to keep those paid memberships coming in. Regardless, classless and petty move to try and block a recording.

Aragonite

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Ford Ranger 4x4, 1988 Toyota Pickup 4x4
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I joined BN on the same day that I joined 6G. Back in spring / summer, BN was luring you in by saying that the site was free if you signed up before a certain date. Visiting it a few months later they started the membership system. Based on what I read earlier, I thought I would be in the first 100 or so members, pretty cool right? But nope, you don't get that unless you pay.

Combining that with irvʻs experience, F*** em! Canʻt wait to support 6G with my pineapple pizza sticker!

@irv0735, nice work out there - youʻre the man!

Simmy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All American
Your Bronco Model
Base
They said they were not affiliated with ford when I was there. When money is involved you will have problems like this.
They must have missed the parts in the Terms of Service on their own website which disclosed they’re owned by Ford’s marketing firm.

Next time they claim that, someone should show them on the spot using their phone and ask them to define “not affiliated.”

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I actually audibly laughed at the naiveté of this post.

Bronco Nation was spoken of at length at launch. It was on the Bronco homepage. It's owned and run by Ford. It gives them the opportunity to own and run the conversation of fans. It's intent is to dissolve other forums (like this one). They want to be the ones with the leaks. They want to monitor the content. Why wouldn't they? It's a not-very-guerilla form of guerilla marketing.

I dunno. Maybe because I've worked in advertising for so long, this is common sense to me. And I'm not trying to be insulting to anyone here. Just funny to me this comes as a surprise to literally anyone they'd wanna box us out.

For the record, I'm completely on this side of the fight.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.