Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe OP was minding his own business trying to "co-exist" - seems you have your own backward interpretation.
See it is responses like this that make people not want to be on this forum.

Sponsored

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah, they exist. I do not have the time or energy to be on another site. I am quite fine here.

Section8

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Base
I agree, seems like a jerk move. However, if I know organizations this it is likely the result of hasty and ill-thought out decision made by just a few individuals that would not of passed the scrutiny of the group. I would be hesitant to generalize the organization or its goals based on a low sample size.

The problem with "us vs them" mentality is its very easy to fall into, for both sides, and it becomes commonplace to start seeing them as an enemy and start seeing ill intent in all actions. The original poster did not do that, but I already see some of that starting to happen. Take note of the incident, but continue to be as open and welcoming to them as we would want them to be to us until we start to see a problem that's more systemic.

I will say this, if the foundation of their marketing model is exclusive access to pictures and leaked information then they should fire their marketing people, their understanding of how internet forums work is fundamentally flawed. You can't sell exclusivity of information on the internet. Monthly/quarterly swag, discounts on merch, exclusive merch, discounts on accessories, and etc is how you make a paid forum membership work.

If those running it don't understand that than they should reconsider their line of work.

OP
OP
irv0735

irv0735

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mercedes Sprinter 4x4, 2021 Bronco Reserved
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Paid forum? Sounds like a rip off....
To be fair, there are other services included in the membership that they are hoping will materialize in member benefits as more people join.

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

@irv0735, thank you for sharing this information with us.

@mike_at_ford, is this the type of behavior Ford endorses? You sure have a way of quickly dividing the new potential Ford Bronco customers. Would you please review Ford's official policy on Bronco Nation's behavior and consider what it is doing to damage Ford's credibility?

This statement is from the BN website, in the About Us section:
Bronco Nation is an independent enthusiast community and the first to be nationally recognized and certified by Ford.
Request to Bronco6g members: Can someone who tweets please tweet this to Mike Levine on Twitter and ask him why Ford "certified" this type of behavior?

Last edited:

MannyFrescoSC

Badlands
First Name
Jr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19ā€™ Honda Accord, 18ā€™ Jeep Compass
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To be fair, there are other services included in the membership that they are hoping will materialize in member benefits as more people join.
I think adding x plan like mustang club would make a lot of people join. As a consumer, donā€™t see any benefits at this point.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I think adding x plan like mustang club would make a lot of people join. As a consumer, donā€™t see any benefits at this point.
At Mustang Club of America it is $25 to join and get the benefit of the X-Plan pin.

Why would anyone want to pay $70 for the same privilege?

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I went into the week knowing nothing about Bronco Nation and simply as a member of the public attending the event. While I still did my best to ignore it and continue enjoying/sharing, I want other people who might not be aware of them either to recognize what might happen.

Again, this is just meant to let people know what they might experience at public events if it's known that they are posting on Bronco6G.

Thanks for the heads up and great work on the intel from the event. It's a shame to see others act this way. I am a member (not paid) there as well, but not there much at all. From reading through this forum and seeing how things are progressing it seems as though it is not run well, and now these shenanigans, glad I didn't proceed further over there. I am a member (not paid) in other forums and most are (like here) more than welcome to help out with any info needed.

(y)(y)

TNBronc4344

Badlands
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@irv0735, thank you for sharing this information with us.

@mike_at_ford, is this the type of behavior Ford endorses? You sure have a way of quickly dividing the new potential Ford Bronco customers. Would you please review Ford's official policy on Bronco Nation's behavior and consider what it is doing to damage Ford's credibility?

This statement is from the BN website, in the About Us section:

Request to Bronco6g members: Can someone who tweets please tweet this to Mike Levine on Instagram and ask him why Ford "certified" this type of behavior?
Thank you for the post. This is an unfortunate and sad incident. I joined Bronco Nation before finding this forum. I had nothing bad to say about them and I actually was at the event in CO and talked to them while them. They did seem very nice and professional on the day that I was there. I get almost all of my information on this forum now because it seems to be quicker , easier to navigate and better content. I agree with those who stated letā€™s try not to judge an entire organization on the actions of a few. That said I think the organization needs to look into that event and make sure itā€™s handled. At the end of the day we all want to celebrate and lift up this amazing product that Ford is releasing and that most of us Iā€™ll own soon.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.