First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just when I was getting convinced that Ford is really trying to do the right thing, this BS pops up. Now I feel like we're all being strung along for maximum profit.
That's my problem. I like the bronco. I dislike the company that's selling it. They are behaving in a way that makes me think they are dishonest, incompetent, and have disdain for their own potential customers.
Sponsored

level3looper

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am a paid member over there... I am hopeful for our community there and here as they are the same people.

It is never the people that divide themselves, it is always a few who want control to put themselves in front of others. It's distasteful that I have seen Bronco6g smack talk postings over there that had no meaningful purpose and seemingly (to me) prompted and tolerated by agenda driven site admins as opposed to Bronco enthusiasts. I believe that 90% of the BN members are Bronco6g members as well.

As a community, we are certain to all be very different to each other though united through the common interests and the Bronco. I'm pretty sure Bronco6g has all types of us peoples and I welcome them all as I do the different people in my own family. Bronco6g has done a great job of managing us and keeping us together in my opinion. I have not seen disparaging words about fellow Bronco enthusiasts until BN. Ford is responsible for "BN". The sooner Ford realizes WE are the Bronco Nation, the better. I want BN and Bronco6g to work. It is most valuable to us and Ford to have a formal and informal place for information and resources for many reasons. Ford marketing needs to understand this better. This launch is a big deal and it needs better than old school thinking. There are lots of books out there talking about how good products disappeared because of poor marketing. ie: Does anyone remember Betamax vs VHS ? VHS won the globe even though Betamax was superior. I expect the Bronco to be awesome and I don't like negativity surrounding something I am interested in... Fix this Ford...

SkullsWalk

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 VW GTI 3-Door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They are owned by Jackson Dawson Communications (as it states in their Terms of Service and other pages on their website) based in Dearborn, MI.

Do some research and you find out that this is a creative marketing firm that is basically owned by Ford and which it uses for a lot of marketing purposes. I have no idea how they can say they are independent and "by enthusiasts" - seems quite the opposite.
Paid "enthusiasts" basically like those hot girls you see trying to lure you in at conventions telling you how great and wonderful their product is, but if they weren't paid they wouldn't be there saying that. Pretty much like a stripper, turn the money off and their "enthusiasm" for you vanishes.

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wouldn't mind being a paid member of BN if I knew my money was going torward something. But from what I can see it isn't much more than another forum community. If there were raffled swag, Bronco only events or drives, purchase/product incentives from Ford then I'd definitely join.

Sponsored

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So my simple observation and a bystander to what going on in the bronco world. Is that Bronco nation is pretty much a contract to ford auto group. They are assigned to get as many people possible and sell the bronco Merch. Ford from my perspective has been blocking any leaks and spy shots shared to their audience. I'm assuming that Ford probably has frowned upon some of the stuff that we have been posting to this forum. With all the test mules and parking lot drive by and maybe a drone or two. lol. For one example is a Youtube channel TFL truck was banned from any media outlet for sharing this kind of information. So that being said, my opinion is just go roll on 4X4 style and just think of them as Ford, and ford is going to control their information. Even if its a dick move. Either way, I'm still buying a bronco. lol.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

As far as forums go, you can tell Bronco Nation does it for money and Bronco6g does it for the love of Bronco. I've had a free account at BN darn near since it started but I rarely go there and if they trick me to visit it with an email I have only been disappointed with the visit.

Sponsored

Smittyca

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am a paid member over there... I am hopeful for our community there and here as they are the same people.

It is never the people that divide themselves, it is always a few who want control to put themselves in front of others. It's distasteful that I have seen Bronco6g smack talk postings over there that had no meaningful purpose and seemingly (to me) prompted and tolerated by agenda driven site admins as opposed to Bronco enthusiasts. I believe that 90% of the BN members are Bronco6g members as well.
I am a paid member there also and agree with you. There is a whole thread in their paid section just smack talking B6G and its users and everyone patting themselves on the back for being on the more "mature" forum. How ironic. That's what their paid membership has amounted to and I'm pretty disappointed.

I also see some of the same names there are members here as well. The same people talking down Bronco6g and its users (who have contributed way more to the info wealth about the new Bronco that's out there, no thanks to Ford) while simultaneously benefiting from the info being posted and reposting it there. A lot of hypocrisy. It's very distasteful and makes me not visit the site. I will not be renewing my membership there next year.

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Toyota Avalon, 08 Honda Civic, 01 Nissan Pathfinder, 10 3T Saab, 94 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Bronco nation is ran by Ford. So it isn't surprising they want their content out first. Not to mention they want people to subscribe to their content with a membership "PAID". It's basically community ran and operated by Ford for profit.
You hit the nail on the head. BroncoNation is a Ford official byproduct. I tried signing up in the BroncoNation and it took 4 weeks to be part of BroncoNation. What a f...... joke! I didn't know about having to pay for their membership. Them Karens!!!

Villageidit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 1500 Big Horn 4X4 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was a week behind in reserving my Bronco. I wasn't going to reserve one but my wife convinced me that I should. I had no idea this forum existed. Found it referenced in an article about the Bronco. Started reading and joined up to participate. I've been a member of numerous forums. Some auto related many not. This is hands down the most civil and informative one I've used. Damn glad I'm on here as I discovered X plan and then pricing from Granger and Stephen's. Went to the other forum once but didn't want to spend money on a membership.

Tarjea

Base
First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am a paid member there also and agree with you. There is a whole thread in their paid section just smack talking B6G and its users and everyone patting themselves on the back for being on the more "mature" forum. How ironic. That's what their paid membership has amounted to and I'm pretty disappointed.

I also see some of the same names there are members here as well. The same people talking down Bronco6g and its users (who have contributed way more to the info wealth about the new Bronco that's out there, no thanks to Ford) while simultaneously benefiting from the info being posted and reposting it there. A lot of hypocrisy. It's very distasteful and makes me not visit the site. I will not be renewing my membership there next year.
Ooooo this makes me wanna go pay to turn that whole thread on themselves. Chaos is what we're good at here.

Chuckles in Floridian .jpeg
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.