Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

After discussing with Doug, I've decided to share what I experienced and observed at the Bronco Super Celebration - West Event.

The goal here is to bring awareness to some friction in case any of you choose to attend public events relating to the new Bronco and are looking to share new information that you gather with the Bronco6G community.

Bronco Nation is a for-profit "independent" marketing firm that utilizes an image of being a group of enthusiasts to try and grow their business. You can check out their site for more information. I'm not commenting on whether or not aspects of what they are offering are beneficial. You can decide that for yourself.

They depend on being the first to release information and exclusive content in order to draw in more paid memberships. When other sites such as Bronco6G "leak" information, it impacts them.

On the first day of the public event, as many of you know, I captured a lot of pictures and asked some detailed questions. Doug and I uploaded this new information in near real time to the forum, for all of you to get new looks at the Bronco.

On the 2nd day, I made an effort to visit the Bronco Nation team to learn more about them (I had not researched them much before this). They already knew who I was and provided very cryptic answers to my genuine interest. It was a pretty awkward exchange... I got weird looks from many of them throughout the rest of the event as I continued to ask the Ford team more questions and take more photos.

On the final day, for the scheduled Q&A, I set up to record the session for accuracy. It turned out no new information was provided, but regardless, Bronco Nation sent an employee to stand directly in front of me. I know this, because as I adjusted and moved, the employee took note and continued trying to obscure my camera... I found this to be very petty and unprofessional.

My takeaway for all of you: If you are attending any events in the future, just be aware that Bronco Nation clearly sees Bronco6G as a threat to their business model and they don't necessarily act professionally or respectfully towards you, if they know you are posting unique content to Bronco6G.

Again, I'm not commenting on the service they provide to their members, just bringing to light my experience with them at this particular event, so that you can take necessary precautions to ensure you don't have a similar one.
I was a member of the forum but when i posted that as an official bronco forum you think they would be leading the way when it comes to new news.I got crapped on pretty hard so no more membership for me.I really like the atmosphere here and the discusions rarely get bad.
Sponsored

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for confirming. The fact their employee literally blocked the view on purpose of the 6G member is BUSH LEAGUE. Ford better be careful not to bite the hand that feeds it. I hope they read this thread.
I'm sure they're watching, and learning.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here's the real issue with Bronco Nation, it only takes one person to pay to get the information and then share it with everyone on this forum. Sure they can have early access or what ever Ford wants to give them but at the end of the day it only takes one person to be on both forums to share information between both sites. No one in this day and age wants to pay for something when they can have it for free somewhere else.
Unfortunately it's the other way around. I'm a paid member of Bronco Nation (BN), and posted pictures from Bronco6g on BN. There's more information, content, and activity on Bronco6G. Hopefully BN will start providing more value to their members.

Sponsored

King_Bronco0327

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks for the post. What is their relationship with Ford Corp? Why would Bronco Nation get first access to news, photos, release info?

I have been a member of several car forums for years. I have been very impressed with Doug and this forum.
They’re essentially the media arm for Ford for the Bronco. They claim to be independent but they really aren't; though they may be from a legal standpoint. Ford uses them to release info but 6G always ends up releasing stuff sooner.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I would suggest that WE keep our selves active over there and that more of us join. I do believe, as long as Ford keeps BN on their website, there will be benefit. In a way, we need both to succeed. When the launch is over and we are now sitting in our dreams come true, energy will shift from whose got the leak\info to whose got the best info on what to do with our dreams. Who will be most ready\valuable at that time? The people with the knowledge are currently talking on 6g. BN has a tangible with the Off-Rodeo, but, they will want\need 6g people and... I think we're all there already! :) https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/posts/109116/
I still have 3 pages to get through, but I wanted to respond to 'this' post. And to put it simply, start membership @ $25/year (just like MCA), have said membership make you eligible for x-plan (just like MCA), and I bet people would FLOCK over to BN.

But for $70/year I will simply say no thank you. I prefer it here at Bronco6G!

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I suspect there will not be any friction at the event in KY....

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

also....what would have brought all the people to bronco nation.....X-plan pricing. Isn’t there a mustang club you can get that thru, so why not a Bronco club. Just saying

and maybe a t-shirt....worth the cost in just marketing the club.
There is a Bronco Club of America. They just don't accept registration yet. I saw on their site a few months back they'd have registrations by summer. That comment has since been removed. I wonder if Ford and BN put a stop to that or not.

Bronco Club of America

Sponsored

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone know where the $70 fee goes? Just curious.

I know if we had an option to contribute $10-$25 annual fee here (not required but more as an option/donation) but it meant we got a cool sticker every year and I knew it helped keep this site going, I would do it in a heart beat! Use that revenue for more drones or to send an official rep to these Bronco meets to gather more intel! ?

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There is a Bronco Club of America. They just don't accept registration yet. I saw on their site a few months back they'd have registrations by summer. That comment has since been removed. I wonder if Ford and BN put a stop to that or not.

Bronco Club of America
"Registrations by summer" c'mon man, don't you have history with that word? :devilish:

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does anyone know where the $70 fee goes? Just curious.

I know if we had an option to contribute $10-$25 annual fee (not required but more as an option/donation)on here but it meant we got a cool sticker every year and I knew it helped keep this site going, I would do it in a heart beat! Use that revenue for more drones or to send an official rep to these Bronco meets to gather more intel! ?
Marketing costs?

Status
Not open for further replies.