Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Does anyone know the finish on the bucking bronco badge on the rear of a BL? I'd like to order these with the same finish.

EDIT: it looks like the bronco badge on a BL is satin silver which is my luck as the satin silver bronco script badges are out of stock. @Rickperry any chance you'll get satin silver back in?
Sponsored

Last edited:

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
Rickperry

Rickperry

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bdusa.co
Vehicle(s)
2021 SAS Badlands / 2022 BaseSAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Really want to get a matte black pair for my cactus grey Badlands Sasquatch. Has anyone had them installed for a while? How are they holding up?
Suuuuuuper biased but truthful experience :LOL:.
As someone who has had them installed longer than anyone, the Gold set I installed has held up and looks brand new. They are installed on a Black Bronco that bakes in the Houston sun and humidity. Never garaged. It's been through automatic carwashes (lots of brushes). Adhesive is sticking firm with no play or signs of lifting.

Cool name btw, the Legion SAO is one of my all time favorites.

Does anyone know the finish on the bucking bronco badge on the rear of a BL? I'd like to order these with the same finish.

EDIT: it looks like the bronco badge on a BL is satin silver which is my luck as the satin silver bronco script badges are out of stock. @Rickperry any chance you'll get satin silver back in?
Satin Silver may be out for a while. Another finish to come to try to better match the horse badge.

SigSauer226

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Fastback, 2011 Ford Mustang G
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I understand there may be some initial sticker shock, but as an enthusiast who originally wanted to just do this for myself, allow me to share my perspective and map out what I had planned.

I priced out from multiple sources and prices. $25/badge quickly adds up to a total of at least $60 with shipping once you are at check out. Other sites popular sites go up to $75 at check out. $60 was the price floor for new badges for me, so I think it is more than fair to use this as an assumption price. (If you found it lower, fine. It's the same premise for explanation sake.)
Adhesive tape is roughly $10-15 for a roll on amazon. If you already have it, ignore.

To do this yourself, you would have to cut and grind flat the metal pins attached on the rear of the badge. Another challenge with these badges are that they hollow in the back. So you would either have to fill it or carefully apply the adhesive tape to get reliable adhesion. For those of you who have rebadged rather complicated emblems, you know stenciling adhesive tape for this kind of badge is very time consuming. Even for a shop professional. I feel 2 hours of labor and prep work is a fair estimate for most people. Car novices would take even longer.
Even at the lowest project cost of $60, is the $15/hr in savings worth it?

A smarter marketing decision would have been to follow the structure of other companies (price per badge, plus large shipping cost). But I found that to be deceptive. I preferred to make the pricing as up front as possible, no additional bs at check out. $85+5 shipping (+tax if you are in Texas).

As for the badges being ABS, this was a design choice with several benefits over metal. Many believe a metal badge equates to higher quality because of the feeling in hand or perceived material cost. But in reality, it makes no aesthetic or functional difference for this application. The badge is not in your hands, it is on your Bronco. Rigid metal badges tend to have bends and warps which affect how the badge will lay flat on your bronco. Flexible ABS allows the badge to flow with the fenders curves. Another disadvantage of metal is that it can act as a damage multiplier. If, for whatever reason, the badge were to be struck or fly off, a metal badge will inherently cause more damage than the flexible ABS. I know this is an unlikely scenario, but it is something to consider when designing something meant to go on people's baby.

As many have stated in this thread, they are very happy with the quality of their badges and I hope to hear more (hopefully positive) impressions and reviews. I am proud to have delivered a quality product into their hands in a timely manner.

Thank you all for support and criticisms. I take none personally and only want to improve to serve the bronco community as best as I can. ❤
Hey, your badges look better than the ones I noted. Sorry if I came off a bit harsh. I respect the work you put into doing this, I'm just an OCD cheapskate. As in, Base with auto. So, apologies if I ruffled some feathers.

OutOfOffice

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Any idea when Satin Silver will be back in stock?

mykoljay

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm getting a obx cyber orange 2dr mic top and want to black out everything. what do you recommend, satin black or shiny black (match the grill or mic top). I may need to swap out that grill since I typically hate shiny, looks like plastic.

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm getting a obx cyber orange 2dr mic top and want to black out everything. what do you recommend, satin black or shiny black (match the grill or mic top). I may need to swap out that grill since I typically hate shiny, looks like plastic.
If you want to black out everything, you should consider painting the grille shadow black, like the Wildtrak grille🤷🏻‍♂️

jayson1980

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Ford Bronco; 2017 Jaguar F-Type R
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm going to order Satin Silver if I can catch them back in stock. Am I the only one that thinks that some of the pictures look like the badge was installed at an angle instead of exactly parallel with the ground? It hurts my eyes.

Sponsored

mykoljay

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Any chance you can provide some etas for back in stock in the start of this thread. Of course I've decided on the matte black and its out of stock.

Kmonty

Outer Banks
First Name
Kristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Husband’s vehicle
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I signed up for the newsletter and I’m right there with @mykoljay. I am waiting for matte black to restock!

cazimi

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So the longer I've waited for my 2 door, the more ideas I've been getting. I originally grabbed a set of the matte black, but now I'm considering a vinyl idea that would have a darker color in that area and I'm thinking that satin silver (or whatever replaces it!) might be better. I hope the timing works out and I can grab a set of the lighter-color-to-be-named-later at the right timing for this, since I think it will be key to pulling it off. 😁

Edit/Update: just grabbed something to help with my dilemma! Not going to spoil any surprises @Rickperry may want to announce, but nice!

Last edited:

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs