TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Is there an easy adjustment that can be made to adjust or reset the window drop operation when opening the door? Window for the rear passenger side does not drop enough/or quick enough when opening the door causing it catch on the rubber seal on door frame.
(I could bring it in for warranty service but if it's a quick fix such as a reset or something, I'd rather do that than mess with a dealer service visit.)
Sponsored

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is there an easy adjustment that can be made to adjust or reset the window drop operation when opening the door? Window for the rear passenger side does not drop enough/or quick enough when opening the door causing it catch on the rubber seal on door frame.
(I could bring it in for warranty service but if it's a quick fix such as a reset or something, I'd rather do that than mess with a dealer service visit.)
I don’t think your alone here. If there is a fix it will have to come from the factory. I hope I’m wrong but going to the dealership for a fix is going to be a waste of time from what I have read about this issue.
Design problem. If someone has a fix I’d love to hear it. The two I drove both did it.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you tried resetting the windows?
Use the switch and hold it while lowering the window and KEEP holding it for 5 seconds after window has opened. Repeat the same procedure for closing it, making sure to hold it up for 5 seconds.
Test door opening

mrxg78

Badlands
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think going to the dealer is important. At least to get it documented as a manufacturer defect. Whether you get it fixed then and there or ask them to contact FORD is another issue.

Good luck

Sponsored
OP
OP
TX-Hans

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Have you tried resetting the windows?
Use the switch and hold it while lowering the window and KEEP holding it for 5 seconds after window has opened. Repeat the same procedure for closing it, making sure to hold it up for 5 seconds.
Test door opening
Thanks. Didn't know about that fix and just tried it. Didn't correct it, unfortunately. I looked at the operation a little more closely and the window seems to lag just a few milliseconds before dropping down but the lag is enough to cause it to catch on the top edge of the door/window gasket. Probably going to have to bring it in unless there is a different fix to try.

JakeC

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
michiganbroncos.club
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wish the windows would drop when you touch the sensor on the back of the handle that auto-unlocks the doors. Instead it waits until you actually pull to drop them.
This!

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The window reset procedure won’t fix this issue. All my windows do it but the rear passenger is the worst. I had someone get in the other day and they thought they broke something.

JakeC

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
michiganbroncos.club
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wish the windows would drop when you touch the sensor on the back of the handle that auto-unlocks the doors. Instead it waits until you actually pull to drop them.
Actually, now that I think about it, aren’t some of the base models missing this ”unlock” sensor on the handles? Maybe since the components aren’t on all trims, they had to skip that.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Right!?
If you notice opening from the inside, you pull the lever and the window drops before you push on the door. When you open from the outside, you're literally pulling the door open with the handle as this sequence happens. Ford decided to put the opening sensing on the latch mechanism. This makes it work with both inside and outside handles. If the outside unlock sensor was the trigger, you'd STILL have to have a latch sensor for the inside opening 🤷
I dunno how it is for the Mustang, but apparently this isn't an issue.

Sponsored

djn3400

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BaseSquatch, Chevy Suburban, Kia K5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Following. I have the same problem. Rear passenger window doesn’t drop as quickly as the other 3 and, as a result, the window catches on the weather strip as the door opens. Window reset procedure didn’t help me either.

OP
OP
TX-Hans

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Following. I have the same problem. Rear passenger window doesn’t drop as quickly as the other 3 and, as a result, the window catches on the weather strip as the door opens. Window reset procedure didn’t help me either.
Interesting that it's also only the rear passenger window for you as well.

Broncogene

Black Diamond
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco black diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Milkbaby

Big Bend
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My drivers window was not dropping, did the reset sequence twice. I read hold button for 2 sec down and up, repeat. Works correctly now.
Sponsored