Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve seen this touched on in a few threads, but never found the answer that made me say yeah that’s what I’m looking for, so here’s a direct question:

Do I need the Adv 4x4 to make driving through heavy Midwestern storms more comfortable?

I experienced my first heavy downpour since being back in this part of the country a bit ago and my Challenger was super unhappy about it. I know I can get new tires on it and mitigate the problem somewhat, but it did get me thinking about AWD options seeming pretty nice out here but since I’m not looking seriously down that road, the Adv 4x4’s 4A has me very interested.

If I decide that this is the feature that’s going to make wet (and now icy) roads more pleasant to be on, it makes sense to add it to my black Diamond build.

If, however, someone with more experience and/or information about this particular system can point out why it’s not really going to be that much more helpful than simply driving slower in my new Big Bend build, I can save a couple thousand dollars.

For the record, I grew up in the Midwest and learned to drive here in a manual ‘94 Mustang, so I’m familiar with how to drive in these conditions, but it was still harrowing on the highway after 15 years in Los Angeles and it’d be nice to take that down a notch if possible with some fancy system. If the fancy system doesn’t really help though or the slippery GOAT mode can still help even without the Adv 4x4 (that video BN did had the Adv when they were talking about that mode), I might bump back down a trim. (You can only get it added to BB with the sas).

I really want those guys to do a video dedicated to the Adv 4x4 system but until that happens I’m looking for something to help my make my decision.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tires

I drive in occasional Jersey Downpours where you cant see 10ft in front of you with np, aside from having to slow up at turns I'd take a bit faster with my truck with it's upgraded RSB+Endlinks

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Tires 100%. However, the 4A is a bit extra peace of mind. My wife has an AWD Equinox and I'm somewhat jealous of that 4A/AWD (I know it isn't exactly the same but...).

OP
OP
AcenTitus

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tires

I drive in occasional Jersey Downpours where you cant see 10ft in front of you with np, aside from having to slow up at turns I'd take a bit faster with my truck with it's upgraded RSB+Endlinks
Groovy thanks! Pretty much the answer I expected/hoped for. Plan on holding off on my order till March to see how many houses I can sell by then and if I beat my expected numbers I’ll splurge. Nice to get the confirmation that it’s not necessarily a major difference maker for my actual needs though.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Tires make a bigger difference when it comes to rain. But the 4A option takes the thought of of any situation where you may lose traction. In my Xterra, I had to make a determination when to throw it into 4H and often ended up switching back and forth as i drive through different road conditions. 4A will let me turn it on and not worry about it.

So, do you need it? No. Can it make things better without you having to worry about it? Yes.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No, slow down and drive an appropriate speed on decent tires.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My Raptor has 4A. In heavy rain tires make a huge difference. If there is a lot of standing water on the road I will kick it into 4A for added assurance.

Good tires without 4A is better than 4A with crappy tires.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Groovy thanks! Pretty much the answer I expected/hoped for. Plan on holding off on my order till March to see how many houses I can sell by then and if I beat my expected numbers I’ll splurge. Nice to get the confirmation that it’s not necessarily a major difference maker for my actual needs though.
"Will sell houses for Broncos"

OP
OP
AcenTitus

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"Will sell houses for Broncos"
Absolutely am selling houses for Broncos lol. Just sold myself one and you bet one of the first things I did was take a tape measure to that garage door to make sure it’d fit.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Remember with fresh tires on my old Mustang, during rainy days, Id pull away from lights in the rain like it were awd when everyone else would barely crawl, be like:

Then <--------------------------------------------> Me

Last edited:

Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Rain doesn’t require AWD or 4wd

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Remember with fresh tires on my old Mustang, during rainy days, Id pull away from lights in the rain like it were awd when everyone else would barely crawl, be like:

Then <--------------------------------------------> Me
On my old F-250 I had tires with plenty of tread but they were old and hard so even in a light rain I couldn't get up some hills on city streets in 2wd. Fresh tires made all of the difference.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have a rain/snow mode on my F150 besides 4wd which I can use in 2wd.

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Tires. Though if I was going BD, I would strongly consider Adv 4x4 if I lived in a more snowy/icy place. Just make it a bit easier.

For rain, I think tires just make all the difference. My last last set on the jeep were horrendous in the rain, to the point of me thinking the jeep was just terrible. Got a better set of more road oriented tires and it turned scary into inconsequential.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ve seen this touched on in a few threads, but never found the answer that made me say yeah that’s what I’m looking for, so here’s a direct question:

Do I need the Adv 4x4 to make driving through heavy Midwestern storms more comfortable?

I experienced my first heavy downpour since being back in this part of the country a bit ago and my Challenger was super unhappy about it. I know I can get new tires on it and mitigate the problem somewhat, but it did get me thinking about AWD options seeming pretty nice out here but since I’m not looking seriously down that road, the Adv 4x4’s 4A has me very interested.

If I decide that this is the feature that’s going to make wet (and now icy) roads more pleasant to be on, it makes sense to add it to my black Diamond build.

If, however, someone with more experience and/or information about this particular system can point out why it’s not really going to be that much more helpful than simply driving slower in my new Big Bend build, I can save a couple thousand dollars.

For the record, I grew up in the Midwest and learned to drive here in a manual ‘94 Mustang, so I’m familiar with how to drive in these conditions, but it was still harrowing on the highway after 15 years in Los Angeles and it’d be nice to take that down a notch if possible with some fancy system. If the fancy system doesn’t really help though or the slippery GOAT mode can still help even without the Adv 4x4 (that video BN did had the Adv when they were talking about that mode), I might bump back down a trim. (You can only get it added to BB with the sas).

I really want those guys to do a video dedicated to the Adv 4x4 system but until that happens I’m looking for something to help my make my decision.

Thoughts?
If I rember correct there is a goat mode for rain
Sponsored