Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone installed the ADV Fiberglass fenders yet? Looks relatively straight forward, but curious if there are any lessons learned, how to prep for paint etc.
Sponsored

BattleBornBronco

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have not, but they come with a coat of white paint and do not match stock liners. So you should get outta some prep costs with a local body shop for painting if you can get em painted without installing them. The fender liners you have to call ADV to get right now, but they'll pop up on the website soon (next few weeks according to them). I've seen a few folks on Instagram trying to make their stock liners work so maybe there's hope there if you don't wanna buy their liners. I just pulled the trigger on their liners so I'll probably stop by their shop mid-to-late Feb to pick up flares and liners. I'm having a shop paint the fenders before install and I'll use herculiner for the liners since I could care less if I do a less-than-perfect job.

Good luck!

OP
OP
Bonnie6G

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have not, but they come with a coat of white paint and do not match stock liners. So you should get outta some prep costs with a local body shop for painting if you can get em painted without installing them. The fender liners you have to call ADV to get right now, but they'll pop up on the website soon (next few weeks according to them). I've seen a few folks on Instagram trying to make their stock liners work so maybe there's hope there if you don't wanna buy their liners. I just pulled the trigger on their liners so I'll probably stop by their shop mid-to-late Feb to pick up flares and liners. I'm having a shop paint the fenders before install and I'll use herculiner for the liners since I could care less if I do a less-than-perfect job.

Good luck!
Thanks. Iā€™m getting the entire bronco painted, so Iā€™m glad to have less prep on the fenders. I noticed they came with a little bit of a bumpy primed surface, but itā€™s nothing a scuff pad or some sand paper canā€™t take care of real quick. I didnā€™t even think about the liners, so Iā€™ll need to get those ordered, appreciate the heads up on that.

Sponsored

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Would you not paint these before you put them on?

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would you not paint these before you put them on?
I have never installed fiberglass, but I think you have to test fit them first, then remove and paint, then final install. Because they might need minor adjustments and trimming.

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have never installed fiberglass, but I think you have to test fit them first, then remove and paint, then final install. Because they might need minor adjustments and trimming.
Thatā€™s what I assume also

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Thanks. Iā€™m getting the entire bronco painted, so Iā€™m glad to have less prep on the fenders. I noticed they came with a little bit of a bumpy primed surface, but itā€™s nothing a scuff pad or some sand paper canā€™t take care of real quick. I didnā€™t even think about the liners, so Iā€™ll need to get those ordered, appreciate the heads up on that.
what color you going with?

OP
OP
Bonnie6G

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

what color you going with?
Going with an old school vibe. This is my inspiration. Brittany Blue body, leaving the roll cage white. Chrome wheels and grille.

Ford Bronco ADV Fenders Install? 5F331B69-18E3-4665-BB99-A3C44F08FCFB
Sponsored