Kelly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks ADV, I very much want a hard top but I'll second RClark82. I'm out on anything over $5k
My truck canopy was only $1,500 and a 2 door truck full canopy was about $3K so I would say it should be only $2,500.
Sponsored

mcdoogs

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Ford Focus ST, 21 Mercedes Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No 2 door wtf all you 2 door people let your voices be heard you wa t them to make a 2 door top
Makes sense though, all 2-doors already have a hard top so the market of people who have a two door and want to buy a second hardtop is going to be dramatically smaller than soft top 4 door owners who want a hard top.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OhhhhhhSnap

Black Diamond
First Name
Elan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pathfinder, 04 F150, 14 CRV. 22 BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Misinformation. You’ll be able to order Ford rack soon. There are already a few aftermarket options.

What this DOES mean is any aftermarket rack that’s compatible with MIC should work.

Great news about the potential aftermarket prep kit. Not sure I’ll feel the need - but, it will be nice to have the option since mine was built in June.

Re: disappointed 2 door owners - what would you do with your MIC? Y’all get a hardtop. Why do you need another one?
Thanks. The good ol Ford "SOON".

Can you share some links for aftermarket racks? I am not talking about the $2k custom fabricated ones....

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My truck canopy was only $1,500 and a 2 door truck full canopy was about $3K so I would say it should be only $2,500.
This is what I have been saying and many people don't believe it. You can get a nicely optioned Leer or ARE truck topper for under $3k. I can't see this top being over that.

Even if you take in account start up costs. Both of those companies came out with toppers for the Jeep Gladiator. A new truck to market. So technically a new start up. The toppers for the Gladiator didn't cost any more than one for a Tacoma or Ranger.

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Now it is time to get into some more details of our upcoming hardtop. Our hardtop specifics:

1. Roof rack compatible (See pictures for examples of both tops)
  2. Wiper motor will be plug and play
  3. Defroster will be plug and play
  4. Washer fluid will be plug and play
  5. Hinges are included
  6. Rear struts are included
  7. All glass is included
  8. Sound deadening will be an option
  9. Our hardtop will work with the OEM Hardtop Prep Kit.

Here are answers to some questions from last week:

1. What is the overall weight and weight capacity of the top?
    1. It is very similar to the OEM top weight.
  2. What about 2 Door Tops?
    1. We are focusing 100% on 4 Door Broncos at this time. At this time, we do not plan on developing a 2 door top. HOWEVER, that can change if we get enough interest.
  3. Will the White UV Textured match the OEM color?
    1. It will be a close match to Oxford White.
  4. Will the Black UV textured match the OEM color?
    1. It will be a close match to Shadow Black.
  5. Will we offer a “Hardtop Prep Kit” for those that did not get it from Ford?
    1. We are currently investigating developing our own hardtop prep kit.

Subscribe to our newsletter list for Bronco Hardtop information. All newsletter subscribers will be the first to know about new details. Please make sure to let the page fully load, it will show three boxes of information to fill out to be added to the newsletter list. We will NOT blow up your inbox.

Subscribe Link:
https://www.advfiberglass.com/pages/bronco-hardtop-sign-up

Stay tuned for the next release of information on 1/24/22.

BH Racks 3.jpg

BH Racks 4.jpg
Nooooo.....please, PLEASE design a 2Dr Top!!

Rex21c

Wildtrak
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 fusion energi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well if the development of this product costs them $100,000 (not saying it does) they need to deliver 100 at $10,000 before they turn a profit. 200 at $5000., etc
Disclaimer: I have to simplify this a lot because the formulas for profit, although simple, can get quite complex given all the different things businesses in different industries have to pay for let alone outstanding invoices, debt load, inventory management etc.

Actually it doesn't. A lot of folks in business, including a lot of business owners don't understand the concept of actual profit. Because it cost money to make money, the majority of every dollar made in a sale is already spent on fixed and unfixed expenses (payroll, taxes, interest on loans, dept payment, purchasing inventory, marketing etc). So lets say, and this could be very generous for a lot of businesses, that it cost them $.70 to make a dollar, that leaves $.30 in profit for every dollar. so to recoup $100,000 in product, material/labor costs, they need to make $333,333 ish in sales to break even on their first batch. Then that wouldn't even cover costs in product development. That would have to plan to recoup that over an X amount of units sold and tack that on as well. Even this math is a guess because I'm just using the $100,000 as an example as we don't even know how much it anything costs for them.

SO yea a price would be great because we have no idea of their overhead costs, and therefore no way to guess, besides on similar products.

Sponsored

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

some within Ford are saying the hard top to buy later from Ford is going to be $7800... so guess what this is gonna be

Mario3241

Base
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would say that no less than $9k. I whish it can be of what I expect from the OEM that should be closer to Wrangler OEM (less than $4k) but judging from the prices on the quarter panel they have, I have no hope that they could sell it below $5k.
If it’s even in this neighborhood, it will be DOA.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

some within Ford are saying the hard top to buy later from Ford is going to be $7800... so guess what this is gonna be
The difference in MSRP for giving up the fual top in lieu of softtop only was around $1800. I can see where a 1 might look like a 7 but if Ford is serious at number I want what they are smoking
Sponsored