Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy HHR, for now
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now it is time to get into some more details of our upcoming hardtop. Our hardtop specifics:

1. Roof rack compatible (See pictures for examples of both tops)
  2. Wiper motor will be plug and play
  3. Defroster will be plug and play
  4. Washer fluid will be plug and play
  5. Hinges are included
  6. Rear struts are included
  7. All glass is included
  8. Sound deadening will be an option
  9. Our hardtop will work with the OEM Hardtop Prep Kit.

Here are answers to some questions from last week:

1. What is the overall weight and weight capacity of the top?
    1. It is very similar to the OEM top weight.
  2. What about 2 Door Tops?
    1. We are focusing 100% on 4 Door Broncos at this time. At this time, we do not plan on developing a 2 door top. HOWEVER, that can change if we get enough interest.
  3. Will the White UV Textured match the OEM color?
    1. It will be a close match to Oxford White.
  4. Will the Black UV textured match the OEM color?
    1. It will be a close match to Shadow Black.
  5. Will we offer a “Hardtop Prep Kit” for those that did not get it from Ford?
    1. We are currently investigating developing our own hardtop prep kit.

Subscribe to our newsletter list for Bronco Hardtop information. All newsletter subscribers will be the first to know about new details. Please make sure to let the page fully load, it will show three boxes of information to fill out to be added to the newsletter list. We will NOT blow up your inbox.

Subscribe Link:
https://www.advfiberglass.com/pages/bronco-hardtop-sign-up

Stay tuned for the next release of information on 1/24/22.

BH Racks 3.jpg

BH Racks 4.jpg
Apologies if asked, but will the texture and color match your flares or the oem flares( as I believe the two are different)
Sponsored

Macjr

Black Diamond
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad, 2020 Volvo xc40 RDesign
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Everything looks great; just need to know the price at this point.

Everybody has been playing the guessing game, and I laugh when I see these big price tags being suggested. $5,000? $7,500? $9,000?!? Surely, these are the rantings of those who spent the $20k ADM so they could drive a $70,000 Bronco, and obvioulsy have no grasp of the value of a dollar, right?

But I keep seeing these numbers over and over and over, and now I'm starting to doubt myself. Maybe I'm actually the one with no grasp on the value of things. Is the hardtop really going to cost that much? At those prices, I'm OUT!
Yes I’m having hard time with the math on this as well but like you, I may be way off!! I was at my dealership on Saturday looking at a maverick. I drove my 4 dr BD Sasquatch that day and we were discussing the Bronco and how happy I was with the soft top…

He stated his Ford rep said late 22/early 23 to get a hardtop as an accessory…and thought it would be $3k to $3500..take it with a grain of salt it could be mere speculation or based on facts, not sure..either way someone pricing a hardtop at anything over oem or over $5k would be a hard sell. Just my opinion that’s all!!

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

1. Sound deadening will be an option

What about 2 Door Tops?
  1. We are focusing 100% on 4 Door Broncos at this time. At this time, we do not plan on developing a 2 door top. HOWEVER, that can change if
You guys are going to sell a lot of four door tops!

If I had a four door on order I’d switch to soft top, get my Bronco earlier, and order your white one.

Interested in what kind of sound deadening and what it will look like.

RednWhite89

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Will you be able to remove the rear clamshell while leaving the front panel installed?

Kind of like this style?

5E993F78-F5F9-4449-AFB0-2264CB700D64.jpeg
This!!! Did they respond?

I think this was a huge oversight on Ford's part. They largely ignored the late model Bronco's in their design. Really was hoping for a tailgate with roll down window too! It would take on 4runners that way. Oh well, we can dream.

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
How many 2-door owners are going to shell out $5k+ for an aftermarket hard top when they’ve already got a factory one? Not enough market to drive the R&D/tooling & mold investment.
because everything we have seen with the existing hardtop is it sucks. So yes would be great to have another option for when fords inevitably fails.

Sponsored

the blue potato

Wildtrak
First Name
Mr. Gone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Ford F100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes I’m having hard time with the math on this as well but like you, I may be way off!! I was at my dealership on Saturday looking at a maverick. I drove my 4 dr BD Sasquatch that day and we were discussing the Bronco and how happy I was with the soft top…

He stated his Ford rep said late 22/early 23 to get a hardtop as an accessory…and thought it would be $3k to $3500..take it with a grain of salt it could be mere speculation or based on facts, not sure..either way someone pricing a hardtop at anything over oem or over $5k would be a hard sell. Just my opinion that’s all!!
Its interesting that when you look at the Ford Bronco products on their website, they are a bit more in price than say a Dodge part....looking at front fender flares for example. Clealry if there is more complexity or more material used, I get why it would be higher price. I just hope that @ADV Fiberglass can price fairly for the marketplace and not some pie-in-sky price for a hardtop (due to the newness of a Bronco).

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How many 2-door owners are going to shell out $5k+ for an aftermarket hard top when they’ve already got a factory one? Not enough market to drive the R&D/tooling & mold investment.
because everything we have seen with the existing hardtop is it sucks. So yes would be great to have another option for when fords inevitably fails.​
I think the market would be small for us 2 door guys, I admit that but that doesn't mean we wouldn't spend money to get a better design. You cant get the fast back in a hard top or a one-piece from Ford.

I guess we will just have to wait for a reputable company to fill the need. Maybe they will go a little further and offer a drip rail too.

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't know what 2DR folks did to everyone but we are clearly hated.

gtx_bronc

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now it is time to get into some more details of our upcoming hardtop. Our hardtop specifics:

1. Roof rack compatible (See pictures for examples of both tops)
  2. Wiper motor will be plug and play
  3. Defroster will be plug and play
  4. Washer fluid will be plug and play
  5. Hinges are included
  6. Rear struts are included
  7. All glass is included
  8. Sound deadening will be an option
  9. Our hardtop will work with the OEM Hardtop Prep Kit.

Here are answers to some questions from last week:

1. What is the overall weight and weight capacity of the top?
    1. It is very similar to the OEM top weight.
  2. What about 2 Door Tops?
    1. We are focusing 100% on 4 Door Broncos at this time. At this time, we do not plan on developing a 2 door top. HOWEVER, that can change if we get enough interest.
  3. Will the White UV Textured match the OEM color?
  4. Will the Black UV textured match the OEM color?
  5. Will we offer a “Hardtop Prep Kit” for those that did not get it from Ford?
    1. We are currently investigating developing our own hardtop prep kit.

Subscribe to our newsletter list for Bronco Hardtop information. All newsletter subscribers will be the first to know about new details. Please make sure to let the page fully load, it will show three boxes of information to fill out to be added to the newsletter list. We will NOT blow up your inbox.

Subscribe Link:
https://www.advfiberglass.com/pages/bronco-hardtop-sign-up

Stay tuned for the next release of information on 1/24/22.

BH Racks 3.jpg

BH Racks 4.jpg
And this is why I switched to a soft-top . That one piece top is exactly what I was hoping for :)

Sponsored
OP
OP
ADV Fiberglass

ADV Fiberglass

Big Bend
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.advfiberglass.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Apologies if asked, but will the texture and color match your flares or the oem flares( as I believe the two are different)
Texture was answered in this weeks release near the bottom of the post.

R.A.N.M.J.

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I own a 2 Door with an MIC top. I was hopeful, but realistic, in my expectations that @ADV Fiberglass would offer a 2 Door version.
  • Painted Black/White or Primered
  • One Piece, potentially lighter than the MIC
  • One Piece, contrary to popular opinion easier to remove and store. (Having been doing it on my classics for decades and now doing it on my 2021.)
  • Less Road Noise
  • Better Seals
  • Slanted Tail design, putting it at the angle of the tailgate. (Which I really, really want.)
  • Easier to kit and fit custom glass.
I want all of the above. So, I was really looking forward to what you guys had in store.

Ah, well, I'll find one somewhere else, eventually.

Dimensions on it are not much bigger than the two door, it could be easily redesigned to fit a 2 Door. I know a thing or three about manufacturing and how tooling reworks actually occur and the price to profit on sizing down a proven product is moderate.

Not designing one for the 2 Door, even for a limited run, is foolish from a business standpoint, but I'm a consumer in the grand scheme, so I'll mind my own business and take it somewhere else for now.

Hopefully @ADV Fiberglass has a successful launch and loops back around to the 2 Door concept in the near future before someone else steps in and grabs up what market there is for this consumer product.

Also, just a heads up, folks keep saying the number of 2 Doors vs 4 Doors "ordered" is 30/70. That's wrong, that's the number "produced". The actual difference on orders is closer to 40/60. Something like 43/57 if we can trust the report from 2021.

Just because Ford couldn't make them in 2021, doesn't mean people didn't want them.

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looks good!

I'm a 2-door owner but I'm also in the industry and I understand the hesitancy to invest in developing a 2-door hard top. All of my fellow 2-door owners who are bitching about being left out ALREADY HAVE A HARD TOP. Not to mention, there are only about 1 of us for every 3 station wagon (4-door) owners. ADV can't just snap their fingers and shit hard tops. It takes a huge investment in time, hard money and opportunity cost (look that up if you flunked econ 101) to develop these products. It simply wouldn't pencil out. At least, not as long as they have potentially more lucrative projects to focus on.

I get it. I want All The Things for my precious 2-door too. I want the world to respect it and recognize it as The Only True 6G Bronco in a world full of imposter station wagons. I want affirmative action for 2-Door Broncos, and for every manufacturer who even thinks about making anything for Broncos to automatically include mine. I want diversity and inclusion and social justice for the minority. I want the numerically superior 4-door products to be forced to subsidize my money-losing 2-door products just so I can feel validated, even if I probably wouldn't buy it anyhow.

BTW I still want 2-door rear pre-runner fenders :)

snick2301

Outer Banks
First Name
Niki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

2 door needs some love!!

Ride Em Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Texture was answered in this weeks release near the bottom of the post.
John from ADV

See below as to all that was provided on bottom of your first post - the info on the color but no info on the UV texture as to the type of texture. Additional info on the texture appreciated. Thanks.

• Will the White UV Textured match the OEM color?
  • Will the Black UV textured match the OEM color?
Sponsored

Last edited: