First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F150, 2008 F150, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I went out and took some pictures for the ones that think this is going to be a $2500 product. The pictures below are of a $2,000 truck camper shell on my F-150.

-Poorly sealed windows.
-Rough cuts on trim hardware.
-Unfinished fiberglass interior.
-Crude clamping system to secure it to the vehicle.
-The price on this top also included paint to match. (Paint is fairly low quality with a lot of orange peel)

All of these things are fine for a pickup truck but nothing but I think anyone is going to want on a Bronco.

To ADV's credit they have promised a MUCH higher quality and more complex product than this. I think the hopes of the ADV top being in this price range is insane. I hope I'm wrong but I think it's going to be DRASTICALLY higher. I do however think it's going to be a quality solution, it's just going to price a lot of us out.

Ford Bronco ADV Fiberglass - Bronco Hardtop Teaser - Part 3 PXL_20220118_174624385
Ford Bronco ADV Fiberglass - Bronco Hardtop Teaser - Part 3 PXL_20220118_174616063
Ford Bronco ADV Fiberglass - Bronco Hardtop Teaser - Part 3 PXL_20220118_174552408.MP
Ford Bronco ADV Fiberglass - Bronco Hardtop Teaser - Part 3 PXL_20220118_174603015.MP
Sponsored

Lonestar777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Someone else might have mentioned this - I didn't read all the previous posts. If this ends up around $6000 or more I would just get the Ursa Minor pop up top at $7250. That being said, I love the looks of this - that slant back is perfect. I'm just hoping it's at a price point that makes sense for a replacement top.

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Why haven't we seen the price yet. They are saving it for week 4. Trying to get everyone hooked in then drop the bombshell.

Kind of like that product you see advertised as "call for pricing". you know you're in trouble...

They aren't doing shit for 2 door so, I'll just sit with some popcorn and watch the show.

SVTLightning

Badlands
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry to hear you have no interest in real Broncos. Lol

ps I wouldn’t be interested in this anyway so don’t take my post as interest, just a joke.

RClark82

Base
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F150, 2008 F150, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why haven't we seen the price yet. They are saving it for week 4. Trying to get everyone hooked in then drop the bombshell.

Kind of like that product you see advertised as "call for pricing". you know you're in trouble...

They aren't doing shit for 2 door so, I'll just sit with some popcorn and watch the show.
Yesterday on Instagram they said price would be revealed in a few weeks.

Sponsored

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

CTwaterfowler

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am extremely serious about this top; I need a hardtop- the soft top doesn't do it for me in CT.
I have had soft tops before TR4 and XKE, I was young and single, and I made it through the Syracuse winters with them. However, now I want comfort and quite as well as better security of my equipment.

I have no problem paying for quality, as long as it's not ridiculous because there will be other aftermarket products available as time goes by.
HOWEVER, I hope we are not going into another rabbit hole like happened with the FOMOCO reservation process with the Bronco, where we are kept dangling week by week with "stay tuned " for more updates. we all know how that worked out.

We should be able to be given the information, photos, pricing options etc. etc. AND ESTIMATED PRODUCTION TIMING I can't believe it's not known.
People can then secure a reservation with a deposit and ADV will have a pretty good idea of demand for scheduling purposes and customers will have an idea of how long they have to wait.
Think Mike Levine responses.

I have been in this since 2016, I thought I was originally gonna get my Bronco as a late 2020 model (that worked out on time)

the blue potato

Wildtrak
First Name
Mr. Gone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Ford F100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I went out and took some pictures for the ones that think this is going to be a $2500 product. The pictures below are of a $2,000 truck camper shell on my F-150.

-Poorly sealed windows.
-Rough cuts on trim hardware.
-Unfinished fiberglass interior.
-Crude clamping system to secure it to the vehicle.
-The price on this top also included paint to match. (Paint is fairly low quality with a lot of orange peel)

All of these things are fine for a pickup truck but nothing but I think anyone is going to want on a Bronco.

To ADV's credit they have promised a MUCH higher quality and more complex product than this. I think the hopes of the ADV top being in this price range is insane. I hope I'm wrong but I think it's going to be DRASTICALLY higher. I do however think it's going to be a quality solution, it's just going to price a lot of us out.

Ford Bronco ADV Fiberglass - Bronco Hardtop Teaser - Part 3 PXL_20220118_174603015.MP
Oh HELL no....this brings shivers to my spine.....but again, I understand why. Gotta make $$....

DrBriGuy

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I applaud the OPs creativity and industriousness.

Reading this thread, and the other two, people have expectations out of whack with reality, and with such varying perspectives. If this were plotted on a scatogram, the dots would be everywhere.

I do hope ADV sells a shit ton of these, but they should be prepared. The Bronco 6g community is proving itself to be an inhospitable, needy, whiney group, willing to lynch a company if provoked. The rollout snafus have created a weird culture and attitude that I see extending over to vendors such as ADV. You can read it in the comments thoughout. There is strong pessimism and negativity.

As a business owner, it would have to be stupid profitable, for me to touch this hard top problem, with a solid preorder queue, otherwise, all the design, manufacturing, logistics, ongoing customer support, PR, warranty replacement etc etc would be Waterloo for a business. Even then, I would think long and hard about this.
100% agreed. Bronco owners, and to-be owners, are on a continuum from annoyed to pissed. We all want to have our trucks how we imagined them, you know, working parts and all.

Repeating what I said in Teaser #1, I'm not going to take out my frustrations on any after market vendors - quite the contrary, I really respect the complexity of what they are trying to do. And ADV in particular is clearly running market research and development at the same time - I appreciate they are at least listening and that they ultimately have to make business (not emotional) decisions. Hopefully they get it right, make some money, and feel compelled to provide other high quality items in the future - like the 2-door top and armoring folks have requested.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How many 2-door owners are going to shell out $5k+ for an aftermarket hard top when they’ve already got a factory one? Not enough market to drive the R&D/tooling & mold investment.
If my 2DR BadSquatch order somehow gets pulled to build in MY22 and I get stuck with an MIC top, I'll most certainly be in the market for the modular top if/when it ever becomes available or a top like this that I prefer the looks of. The price is most likely gonna end up similar. I don't want anything to do with the MIC top. Even if I get kicked back to MY23 and the modular top is available, depending on the price difference between the upgrade to it and this top for a 2 door, it would still be in play for me.

Sponsored

ScorpydJim

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 3500 ram trx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Hard top Suck's looking like we need v3 of that top very soon :rolleyes:
From all reports, Ford top sucks, noisy, etc. Want a one-piece, quiet high quality top. As for comments of low number of 2 doors at a take-rate of 30%, that is still going to be 100,000 units before you know it.
I have sent the following ideas to them, without much response: make BOTH tops with ability to lift the tops off by the roof rails, and sell a truss mounted hoist for owners garage, make the tops easier to remove and way easier to store.

ET13

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just want to know the price of this thing

OP
OP
ADV Fiberglass

ADV Fiberglass

Big Bend
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.advfiberglass.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

From all reports, Ford top sucks, noisy, etc. Want a one-piece, quiet high quality top. As for comments of low number of 2 doors at a take-rate of 30%, that is still going to be 100,000 units before you know it.
I have sent the following ideas to them, without much response: make BOTH tops with ability to lift the tops off by the roof rails, and sell a truss mounted hoist for owners garage, make the tops easier to remove and way easier to store.
We have responded to all your ideas that you have sent over (We have screenshots to back up this statement as well). We are trying to appeal to the vast majority of the market with our hardtop and we will be sure to take your ideas into consideration just like the rest of the bronco owners suggestions.
Sponsored