Sponsored

Adv Fiberglass Fender & hood experiences?

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BadSquatch; 13 Wrangler JK; 04 Lifted Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am looking for input from people who have mounted the Adv Fiberglass fenders or hoods.
I have the 5" ones that are coming, on order with a hood, but I am now intrigued by the FunHaver ones that might be coming as well.

I read a post here or on the FB 6G group about the problems one person had with filling & cutting that had to be done to get the fenders to fit right (2" fenders)- wondering if others have had the same experience? Looking for all intel - thanks in advance.. if there is another thread on this, someone please point me, I couldn't find it.

pic for attention
Ford Bronco Adv Fiberglass Fender & hood experiences? 1651751915568
Sponsored

jalawson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco, ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Working on the 2” fenders now. Have done the test fitting and they’re at paint right now. Hope to have them back for final install in the next couple days.

There are a few minor overcomeable hiccups I have ran into so far:

1) The written installation instructions on ADVFiberglass’s website say to use a 3/8” drill bit to drill out the holes in the fenders. John also confirmed this over the phone. DO NOT use the 3/8” bit for all the holes!!! There are a number of holes in the fenders, both front and rear that need to be smaller than that. Specifically, where the rubber door jamb piece is on the front and in the lower corners of the rear fenders. The instructions should say drill/cut out holes to the same size they are on the OE fenders.

2) There is very little information in the install video about what parts you reuse and what parts you need to buy. I know for a fact you need to buy the nut inserts (M6 x 1.0 is the size John told me) and the 3M tape (PN 06389) for attaching the door and rear pieces. I guess I’ll find out when I install them if they need any different hardware for any of it. I will say I’m yet to find the same nut inserts they used in stores (I’ve checked Home Depot, Lowes, AutoZone)

3) You will have to cut out the gas cap opening. This is not that hard with a Dremel tool but I didn’t expect to need to do that and the install video does not mention it.

hondo27

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was reading their website and didn't find this detail. Anyone know how the weight of these pieces compare to OEM?

OP
OP
GreenMtnBronco

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was reading their website and didn't find this detail. Anyone know how the weight of these pieces compare to OEM?
Reach out to them, they are incredibly responsive and helpful...FWIW my body shop unpacked them yesterday, he was afraid of it being a shizzy product and was quite positive about the quality of the parts..

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the heat extractor hood and can attest to it being top quality. As far as weight, the stock aluminum hood clocked in around 25lbs with sound deadening. I haven't weighed the ADV hood but I would expect the fiberglass to be a few pounds lighter.

Ford Bronco Adv Fiberglass Fender & hood experiences? 1657810423643

Ford Bronco Adv Fiberglass Fender & hood experiences? 1657810435683

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My body guys did fine with the fender fitment, however the trim pieces required a lot of carving out from the backside In order to fit properly. They just wouldn’t fit the curve of the door properly, so both my trim pieces are not aligned properly and stick out about 1/4”. I haven’t had the time to deal with it yet.

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the heat extractor hood and can attest to it being top quality. As far as weight, the stock aluminum hood clocked in around 25lbs with sound deadening. I haven't weighed the ADV hood but I would expect the fiberglass to be a few pounds lighter.

Ford Bronco Adv Fiberglass Fender & hood experiences? 1658248118858

Ford Bronco Adv Fiberglass Fender & hood experiences? 1658248118858
How do you like the Heat Extractor hood? I'm planning on ordering it this fall

Sponsored
OP
OP
GreenMtnBronco

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just installed these. Can you show a final picture of that front corner with the valance panel installed. Not sure mine look correct.
i can take better one tomorrow in daylight..
Ford Bronco Adv Fiberglass Fender & hood experiences? AF4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can someone with the 5" fenders open the back passenger door and show me the jamb and the inside of the door. I have holes where the old fender mounted to the body and a gap where the small radius piece attaches to the door.

OP
OP
GreenMtnBronco

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i asked about that and this was the reply -
Ford Bronco Adv Fiberglass Fender & hood experiences? 1677600975691

Can someone with the 5" fenders open the back passenger door and show me the jamb and the inside of the door. I have holes where the old fender mounted to the body and a gap where the small radius piece attaches to the door.

seananigans

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak 2.7l
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm having mine installed right now and there was lot of work to be done to get them to fit properly and to make everything look good. I got the front and back fenders and hood. The hood line wasn't consistent so I had the shop use filler. There were a good amount of adjustments needed to one front fender because of warping. Its costing me an arm and leg to get this project done.

It just got to the paint shop today so hoping to have it next week. The results will be great but the damage to my wallet hurts the mind and it not being a bolt on project as advertised was a bit misleading to me.
Sponsored