Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If they go through with the hard tops, I hope they’ll seriously consider 1 piece tops. For me, I have no need for the freedom panel design, and it’s more joints for water ingress.

I know some folks like the multi-panel deal, but that seems to be part of the source of Ford’s problem to begin with. They tried to do no crossbar and multiple front panels. Too close to the sun IMO.

1 piece is less complex, easier to diagnose leaks when they inevitably occur and won’t really make removal more difficult.

Endeavoring to fix what one of the world’s largest automakers repeatedly could not get right is a massive undertaking. From what little I know about ADV and the owner, they seem up to the task, but they should throw out a 1 piece option to see if enough people are interested in it.
Seems like you and I are the only 2 people on here that want a 1 piece hardtop. 1. No leaks, 2. My bald pasty white ass will never have the top off in TN heat

Sponsored

Rosanna

Black Diamond
First Name
Blkdiamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do after market tops have a wiper and defrost?
Also anyone else thinking of getting a fast back hard top?

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Seems like you and I are the only 2 people on here that want a 1 piece hardtop. 1. No leaks, 2. My bald pasty white ass will never have the top off in TN heat
:ROFLMAO:

Yep, I wanna take the tops off. We loved my wife's convertible so I'm looking forward to the removable roof panels. 😁

mmorgan

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC JImmy
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

No, there are at least 2 of us... 👍

bodie_38

First Name
Bodie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac ELR, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I want this! Coming from an 87 and 96 Bronco’s, Ford should’ve angled the tops like this in the first place. It’s such a slight difference but it looks amazing to me.

E294454F-193A-4BB2-9463-62982EF3CD5B.jpeg
I like this slight slant, to me looks way better than the vertical rear window.
I want it white and would prefer it to be 1 piece. I could "easily" remove the 1 piece steel roof on my '71 with some eyebolts, 2x4s and chain by myself. They could probably sell a nice lift/hangar kit with the top to make it even easier.

Sponsored

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Slant back looks great. What a world of difference in the aesthetics such a small rake can make. Goes from a fugly looking babysitter rig to a aggressive off roader we can be proud of.

Hope ADV is paying attention!

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
so i am curious about this - were you gonna buy something you considered to be a fugly looking babysitter rig if someone didn't come out with a slant back top?
Yup.

Been a gripe of mine since day 1. The factory soft top is exactly the same. I'm glad to save $695 and put that towards the soft top I like (the twill slant back version) and a hardtop that will take a loaded rack and looks decent.