Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyone that installed the 5" fenders, what does the fender to valance overlap look like? Had mine installed and I'm not super impressed with the way mine came out. The guys installing it kept complaining that it wasn't lining up right so I'm not sure if it's the panels or the installer.

20230204_174856.jpg

20230204_174903.jpg
Sponsored

• Wow
Reactions: Tex

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Anyone that installed the 5" fenders, what does the fender to valance overlap look like? Had mine installed and I'm not super impressed with the way mine came out. The guys installing it kept complaining that it wasn't lining up right so I'm not sure if it's the panels or the installer.

Ford Bronco ADV launches their 5” fiberglass fender flares 20230204_174903

Ford Bronco ADV launches their 5” fiberglass fender flares 20230204_174903
I dunno man, you might look for a different body shop lol
That valence is supposed to be ON TOP of the fender piece, not stuffed underneath it.
You can tell they goofed up because the valence is supposed to be nearly flush with your grill like the fender is.
From the install video, it appears that there's an underlying support that the valence attaches to on the corners that needs to be cut and modified to fit the two pieces correctly with each other...they may have either skipped this step or they botched that piece in the process of fitting it.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I dunno man, you might look for a different body shop lol
That valence is supposed to be ON TOP of the fender piece, not stuffed underneath it.
You can tell they goofed up because the valence is supposed to be nearly flush with your grill like the fender is.
From the install video, it appears that there's an underlying support that the valence attaches to on the corners that needs to be cut and modified to fit the two pieces correctly with each other...they may have either skipped this step or they botched that piece in the process of fitting it.
Yeah I pulled it off when I got home. I definitely don't have that support bracket they modify but my valance is tucked back in there like 2.5". If I pull it out to fit flush with the fender it doesn't connect in the front. Going to have to have someone else look at it I guess.

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I a, wondering what a 2 door SAS would look like with 2” front fenders and 5” rear 🤔

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah I pulled it off when I got home. I definitely don't have that support bracket they modify but my valance is tucked back in there like 2.5". If I pull it out to fit flush with the fender it doesn't connect in the front. Going to have to have someone else look at it I guess.
Yeah I'd probably recommend that route, hopefully that bracket isn't one of those parts you'll have to wait two months for.
Sponsored